Author's Chapter Notes:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BUDDY. I HOPE WE HAVE MORE TOGETHER :)
AN: was trying to do a scene with the girls but after weeks of trying I gave up. Sorry.

JC looked up at the sound of a car coming his way from where was huddled on the curb. He'd sat down to think but soon got too cold. A familiar face was illuminated by headlights. "Justin?"

"Jace what the heck are you doing miles from the Inn?!" the blond asked as if his best friend was crazy.

And maybe he was. "I - uh - needed some air?" he tried to play off. But Justin wasn't buying it. Nope. JC's nose was red from the biting cold, eyes wet from the emotions of the afternoon, and snow covering his shoulders and dark short hair.

"Yeah, sure, get in. We're just going up there."

The other man stumbled up, legs stiff and cold. grimacing when he remembered he didn't have his phone to let the others know they were on their way. He took the backseat and was pleased to catch Eric hiding his phone and smiled gratefully. "Hey, dude. Glad ya could make it."

"Couldn't let our boy get lost or mobbed by a bunch of teenies," the big guard chuckled.

"Haha, funny guys," Justin grumbled and once again started the car. "Man, Josh, you're nuts for being in this weather. I can't see anything!"

"Look who's talking, curly."

"Not so curly anymore. And you're avoiding the question."

JC shifted and barely met his youngest friend's eyes in the rear-view. "Ahem, um well A-a-andrea and I broke up. Well sort of."

"Sort of? What does that mean? I thought she -" Justin shut his mouth before he overstepped the boundaries. He loved the guys like brothers and they shared everything but he knew it'd be a long and painful process if the dancer would end up with the singer.

"Thought what, J? What'd she say?" The crack in his voice wasn't lost.

"Oh um well...... Let's just drive, it's bad out." He felt a little back holding back, it being out of character, but he wasn't up for confrontation tonight.

"You knew didn't?!"

"Just tell me what happened." And so he did and in turn Justin explained his own story. "I uh tried calling Alison but she never picked up."

JC shot a panicked look to Eric and answered, "maybe she's just out of range?" Truth was after they'd caught the girl checking her phone, they'd stole it. Face to face is better than over a phone right?

"Yeah, maybe," the boy sighed sadly.

The other singer put his hand on Justin's shoulder. "It'll be ok, J, I promise."

"Well first, let's get you with your girl first." This earned a groan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The car pulled sluggishly into the driveway and the occupants slipped on ice getting out. "You go on in, I'll get your stuff," JC told Justin and smiled.


"Uh, ok." He was very confused by his friends' behavior.

"Baby J gets the girl," Eric whispered secretively.

"Let's hope so," JC answered.

Joey, Lance, and Chris watched from the kitchen window. "Oh, oh! Here they come!!" Chris squealed.

Joey slapped him across the back of the head as Lance joked, "what are you, a girl?"

"No but you are."

"Real mature. Where's our girl?"

"In the living room," Joey answered and 3 heads peered into the other room.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Justin walked in the kitchen door, see that light on first. "Finally made it!" he breathed in relief.

"J, good to see you. You're here early," Lance greeted.

"Or late depending how you look at it. How are you? Why ya'll in the kitchen?"

"Midnight snack," Chris answered a little too fast.

Joey tossed a cookie at him before munching on one of his own. "We got snacks cocoa set up in the living room, bet everyone would love to see you," he mumbled nervously. His young friend raised an eyebrow. "Go on, we'll bring the rest," he lied.

"Ok....." He took to the living room. "Doesn't take 3 guys for..." His voice trailed off at the figure in front of him and he nearly choked on his cookie.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrea, bundled up tight, slowly stepped onto the front porch. There was JC staring at the stars and snowflakes. "W-what are you doing out in the cold still?"

He looked up surprised to hear someone; but saw it was her and turned back to the white falling around him. "What would it matter?" he replied hollowly. He wasn't going to make this easy; he was tired, hurt, and numb in more ways than one. She wouldn't stomp on his heart anymore.

"Guess I deserve that," she conceded.

"Damn right."

The woman took a deep breath. "Look, JC, what I said - well it was wrong and I'm...sorry."

"Was it that hard to say?" still not turning.

"No. Ok yes for a while. But the thing is I didn't know how to say it. For the longest time I liked you, and not for your status, but for you. Now, that sounds cliche but it's true. You could and did have any girl you wanted but they broke your heart. And then I became a choreographer and I thought that if we worked together you would finally notice me."

"Notice you?" he whisper-asked.

"Yeah, we got closer and had more in common and I fell for you. Bad. But......once again Andrea chickens out."

JC huffed a sigh and turned to face her which gave a clear view of his wet cheeks and eyes. "Since when do you back down from a challenge?" he scoffed.

"I don't know but I guess it was because I was scared. Am scared."

"Why?"

She looked into impossibly bright blue eyes and gulped. "Because I realized I love you and not as a trick. Really do."

"Andy, look, you know I love you. But this whole 'game' really hurt me. Hollywood is tough on relationships and it has no room for games. People will only be more hurt. So, I understand what you mean but let's just work back to where we were then take it forward," he compromised.

After studying each other for a few minutes, Andrea nodded. "I can deal with that." And leaned up to kiss his cheek.

He in turn kissed the corner of her mouth and wrapped an arm around her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alison looked out the frosty window, hoping to spot footprints in the snow-covered ground. After a long time of staring, her eyes started to drift close; knowing he wouldn't be here. Not before midnight at least. She knew he was busy, probably with his family in Tennessee if not on the road. They hadn't talked in awhile so at this minute she didn't know where he was besides a photoshoot. Though that didn't stop the dream inside her. Yeah, she was a wishful thinker, no harm in that.

Just as she dozed off warm arms wrapped around from behind. "Looking for me?" a soft voice breathed past her ear.

Not believing it she cautiously raised her head; blinking away the bluryness of sleep. "It's you..."

"Yeah, it's me," Justin breathed out in a whisper.

She stumbled to her feet in a way that was totally her and his arms slipped softly around her waist. "What are you doing here?" they asked at the same time. "No you go first." "No you."

They laughed and Justin spoke. "The guys said we'd catch up with our families but I got held back a day."

"Andy invited me. I didn't know any of you would be here."

"So, neither of us knew the other was coming on this trip?"

"Guess not," she giggled which earned a half groan-half chuckle from the taller boy.

"God, Ali, I missed you. Your laugh, those eyes."

Alison blushed deeply. "I - I thought you were mad and that's why you didn't call or anything."

"I was... and it was stupid. I'm stupid." He smiled in spite of his behavior. "I was a jerk... I wasn't mad at you exactly. I was mad at what I was feeling...for you."

"And that's a bad thing?" She sighed. "Ya know what, I don't want to argue on this day or whatever it is we're doing so....I'll just go."

"No, wait!" he caught her waist as she turned to leave. "It's not bad but with my lifestyle and people demanding things of me, I was afraid of how you'd react. The press is vicious, they'd tear us apart, baby."

She gasped at the sudden name but recovered slightly. "Jus, I understand. And I accept the press and all the junk you have to go through. I just - wanted to matter. You have more important things but I want to be somewhere on your list."

"Oh, Ali you are, I was just stupid and forgot to keep my feet on the ground." He leaned in and gently kissed her for the first time. At first she was shocked but then responded and kissed back.

Alison pulled back after long moments. "Wow. Um does this mean you'll keep your feet on the ground this time?" she asked uncertainly. She didn't want to ask for too much.

"I'm sure gonna try. And...I want to try us too." This caused the girl to look up again in question. He nodded. "I mean it."

The rest of the night was spent with Chocolate Lovers hot chocolate and newly formed relationships in the new fallen snow. Like a blanket protecting them as the guys did so for their girls.

THE END
Chapter End Notes:
so that's it. i hope everyone liked it. a certain someone knows this is for him. and it's also in celebration of jc's bday. love yall.

Completed
MrsTimberlake18 is the author of 41 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Feet In The Snow also liked 7 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story