Author's Chapter Notes:
this is for glow (sorry for the delay, we both know i fail at life). and thanks to kate for being my cheerleader and for the karaoke song.

"This has bad idea written all over it." Holly mutters climbing out of the car. "This falls under the bad idea category. Just like genocide and terrorist attacks."

I roll my eyes and close my door. "It's fine. That's why I brought you."

"To do what?" She gives me a wide eyed look. "To hold you back if something happens?"

"Exactly."

I can hear her making mumbles and grumbles under her breath but ignore it and walk into the bar.

I sorta figured that I'd find them here. He was never one for originality on dates. Hell, this was where we had our first, second and third date. But I don't really think the first one counts as a date. Unless you count two hours of drunk making out in a dark corner a date.

"Let's just go." Holly whispers to me and I scan the bar. "This is stupid."

She is such a wuss. I'm not gonna do anything.

I think.

I slide into one of the booths when I see the two of them near the pool tables. Looks like they've been here a while too. There's a few empty beer bottles on the table and it looks like she's got some fruity chick drink and it takes everything I have not to roll my eyes.

"Is that her?" Holly motions at the pretty brunette standing next to him. She's giggling and holding the pool stick in a way that makes her look completely useless.

For all I know, she might be. Well, she must be good for something. Seeing as how he left me for her.

Stupid tramp.

"She's so....." Holly trails off trying to find the right word.

Yeah, I feel the same way. She is everything I wasn't. The way she's teetering around the pool table, her towering heels giving her another four or five inches. She just looks ridiculous in here, surrounded by people in jeans and t-shirts.

"She walks funny." I grunt.

"Like she's got a stick up her butt or something." She agrees.

We watch in silence a while longer and it's only making me madder. The way this chick is staring at him. It's only like she wants to get it on right here in front of everyone.

"Hey, killer. How ‘bout you put the weapons away." She points to the way I've unknowingly ripped a napkin to shreds.

Hmmm. I guess the trashy hooker has really gotten under my skin. She's just so..... icky. And I'm so not.

"You gonna be ok if I go pee?" She gives me a look. "You'll stay here and not go all kung fu ninja on them? Cause I don't think I have enough in the bank for bail."

I roll my eyes. "Go."

She gives me another poignant look but goes anyways.

Like, I'm actually going to do something. I mean, it's his loss. I'm pretty and smart and have great job. What's she got that I don't? Ok, so her boobs are bigger and her legs are longer. I could wear stripper shoes too if I wanted.

He did seem to like it that one time.....

Anyways. Maybe I am torturing myself. But damn it, I don't take lightly to be dumped via a text. A fucking text message?! Who does that? That douchebag Jonas brother, that's who. And Justin, he might have been a jerk sometimes, he's no douche.

There's got to be some mistake. Maybe he had a moment of insanity. I can overlook that. Right?

I turn my head and almost choke.

That douchebag has the hooker pinned up against the wall and is practically humping her.

Ok, that's it. I need a drink. Something strong.

"Can I get a double shot of Jack." I know demanding isn't nice but desperate times call for desperate measures. "Quickly."

The guy behind the bar gives me what I'm sure he thinks is a sympathetic look but let's call a spade a spade. He's a man. He has a penis. Therefore, he falls under the category of tool.

"Another." I slam the glass down. "And keep them coming."

"Um, are you sure?" He asks.

I look over my shoulder to see the two of them playing tonsil hockey. "Oh yeah. There'll be a big ole tip for you if you don't let up."

He shakes his head but pours two more shot glasses. "You're a peach." I reach out and pat his cheek.

"Kate, honey, step away from the whiskey." Holly leans against the bar. "Getting piss poor drunk is not going to help. She'll still be a skank but she'll still be the skank with your exboyfriend."

The guy behind the counter looks back and forth between the two of us. But because he has a brain, he just refills my glass. Good man.

"Look at them." I point. "They're doing the nasty. With clothes on. Drinking keeps me from punching."

Her eyes flit over to them. "Can I get one of those please?"

"Atta girl." I smile and down my shot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You know, karaoke sounds like a really good idea right about now." I'm pretty sure I just slurred the last four words together. "Soun' goo?"

Yep, I definitely just slurred.

"What?" Holly looks at me. Her eyes are huge. That could be the whiskey. "No, that's another bad idea. To add to the list of bad ideas you've done tonight."

"Nah. I'm gonna drown this and go sing." I tilt my head back, the whiskey no longer burning my throat. I'm fairly certain that should mean stop but you know what, I got dumped by a text message. I don't need to be a good girl tonight.

"Kate...." She trails off and I make my way to the back of the bar. "Jesus help her."

"Hey buddy." I lean towards the guy with the big belly. "Drop that shit."

He laughs and the music starts playing. Scanning the crowd, I spot Justin looking at me. Yeah, fucker. Watch me. This one's for you.

"This, my good peeps, is for youuuuu." I sound great.

"Is it fair to say you played me for a fool? Is it fair to say you used me? That's the truth. You've been lying all this time and now I'm mad. You drove me to the vodka shots I'm knockin' back." I prance around the stage area, looking right at Justin. Who, kudos to him, actually looks embarrassed.

"Yep. This is all about you." I point right at him. "I bet you never thought that I would be a basket case. I'm goin' crazy cause you're hooked on someone and that someone isn't me. I bet you never thought that I would be a psycho bitch. Like the kind of girl that's gonna smash your headlight."

That sounds like a really good idea.

"No, that someone isn't me."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Psssst." I reach out and slap Holly. "He left."

"Huh?" She looks around. "Who?"

"Justin." I hiss. "He lef' her."

She looks at the skank. "Oh. So what?"

"I'mma gonna go talk to her." I stand.

"No, no, no." She reaches out and grabs me by the wrist. "Not tonight you're not."

I shake her lose. Hey, drunk me is pretty strong. "Tis cool. Just a few words. I be back."

"I'm coming with." She stands and follows me.

"Hey, honey bunches of oaks." I call to the brunette and she turns. "Holls, did you hear that? I just called her honey bunches of oaks." I laugh at my own joke.

"Clever." She rolls her eyes.

"Yeah?" The skank says. "Do I know you?"

I'm shocked. She doesn't even know who I am! "Oh, you're gonna know my fist in a minute if you keep hanging all over him like a cheap suit."

"Excuse me?" She takes a step closer.

That's right, step closer. I might not be able to stand without holding onto something but I will knock your teeth right out of your head faster than you can say ‘huh'.

"Back off of Justin."

"And why would I do that?" She flips her hair and I ball my fists.

"Cause he's my boyfriend."

"Oh dear God." Holly mutters. "Ex."

"Only cause of this tramp." I point my finger in her face. "You know that, right? You're a tramp."

"You better take a step back. Right now." Justin's voice calls from behind me.

"Or what?" I whip around to face him and Holly grabs me to hold me upright. "You're text me to death? Oooooh, I'm scared."

He steps around me and puts a protective arm around the skanky girl. "Kate, this isn't the place."

Oh, this isn't the place? Since when?

"I'm gonna make it the place." I shove him. Part of me takes joy in the fact that she stumbles back too. "You are the son of Satan."

"Kate." He warns and that's when I see it. There's fear in his eyes.

At least I think it's fear. It could be the seven shots of whiskey talking.

"You have the gall to dump me, ME, over a text message!" I shout at him completely unaware that the entire bar is now staring at us. "I'm a mother fucking catch you asshole."

The corner full of old men let out a holler and even in my drunken stupor, I can feel my ego puff up a little more.

"And this twiggy here, she's nothing but a pushup bra and pumps." I grab my own boos and the catcalls get louder. "These are real."

"Too much." Holly whispers.

"So go ahead, enjoy your time in STVville." I reach for the beer sitting on the table beside me. "And this last beer, is on me."

And with that I dump it on his head. "See ya."

I turn on my heel and head towards the door.

"Oh." I turn around to face him. "And you might wanna know that his penis, is tiny."

The brunette looks at Justin then back at me as the entire room erupts in laughter.

"And good night."

Chapter End Notes:
karaoke song is lesley roy 'psycho bitch'

Completed
meggie is the author of 31 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story