Author's Chapter Notes:
ok...one more and now I'm off to work! I'll post the remainder tonight! Thanks for the love ladies!

I’m lifted baby
Your love is ecstasy
Every time I’m wit ya baby
I relapse and I OD
I’m addicted to you
Keep coming back for more
Never took a trip like this before
 

“Officer Foster, LAPD, six year veteran,” she gulped, straightened out her shoulders, and grabbed her bulletproof vest off the bathroom counter. She kept her eyes set on JC for some kind of reaction, but he sat there in all his sexy glory. Stupefied. She was used to guys, well, people in general, reacting in a similar fashion every time she announced her career choice. 

She just hoped that this time around it wouldn’t prove to be a relationship death sentence. Even if all she got was his friendship, she’d be happy. He seemed to such a caring and strong being, something she longed for. Eye-to-eye, and yet no response. 

“Well, I’ll be damn. That’s sexy right there…” he exclaimed before chuckling and hopping out of the bed. Naked, from head to toe, he sauntered over to her shocked form, kissed her mouth soundly, then disappeared into the bathroom. The sound of running water awakened Dani from her trance. 

“Oh lord, give me strength…” she mumbled before taking her vest with her upstairs. Efficiently and expertly moving about her house to let Pippin out to do his business and putting out food and water for him. Moving to the kitchen, she fixed a quick breakfast for them both. Two cups of yogurt with berries and Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal now sat on the counter. 

“So, you’re a cop, that’s a first for me. I’ve never dated a cop before,” his voice infiltrated the kitchen. Looking up from where she sat at the breakfast table tying her boots, Dani shrugged and smile softly. 

“I’ve never dated a popstar, either. Although, I’ve damn near arrested one too many,” Dani kidded before returning to the task at hand. She didn’t need to look at him because she might never get to work. He looked so delicious in his newly showered state. Hair was still damp, and he wore the same outfit from last night. But, he looked so much better now. 

“I bet you have. Care to give me a ride home before work or will you be cutting it close?” JC asked moving to the kitchen counter, a brightly-hued counter decorated in ceramic tiles of varying shades of blue. A small, yet bright arrangement of fresh flowers sat neatly on the counter, beside the stovetop. 

“I’ve got time. I made you some yogurt with berries and cereal. It’s my daily breakfast; is that ok?” Dani asked, standing up and tucking in her shirt before looping her utility belt. 

“It’s perfect. I’m not much of a breakfast person, so this is just right,” he replied, sneaking a peak at her form walking away from him. He’d encountered many police officers in his almost 34 years of age, but he’ll be damned if he ever met a sexier one than Dani. 

“Let me just get my duffle bag and my gun, and we can head out,” Dani announced as she left the kitchen through the open archway into the living room and towards the front of the house. 

“Damn, be careful what you say mama. My heart’s weak,” JC kidded, grabbing both cups of yogurt and following her. He watched her pull her .40 caliber Glock 22 from door-side table’s drawer, check it, and place it into her holster. 

“Oh hush up, let’s go,” she laughed slightly, opened her front door, and waited for him to walk past her. Setting her alarm and locking the door, she led him to the side of the house. Rounding the corner, he came face-to-face with her Dodge Charger patrol car. 

“And you get the sexy Charger…ooh wee,” he kidded as she rounded to the driver’s side. Hopping in, she put the car in motion and maneuvered her way out her driveway’s gates and onto Normandie Ave. 

“What made you become a cop in LA, nevertheless?” he questioned as they cruised down the street, his eyes fixated on all the devices hooked up at the center console. 

“My dad’s been a cop in Denver for close to thirty years, and it’s all I’ve ever known. He wanted me to go to college and be some hot shot professional. So, I went to UCLA, graduated, and joined the academy during my fourth year,” she explained, hooking her cell phone to her hands-free on the dashboard. 

“That’s pretty great. Normally, how long are your shifts?” he asked, hoping once more to be able to see her again. 

“Ten hours, but sometimes it can run 12,” she replied. He pointed out a few more directions before she rolled her patrol car up his driveway to his Hollywood Hills home. 

“Well, how about you call me once you get off or whenever? I’d really like to see you again,” he offered as she stopped the car at his front door. 

“You’ll see me at the wedding on Saturday,” she reminded him, in a teasing manner. 

“Well, see, I hoped you’d be with me there as my date,” a charming smile punctuated the statement. A soft blush rose to her cheeks, causing Dani to bow her head. 

“We’ll see,” she retorted before reciting her phone number to him. He quickly dialed the number and her phone rang on the dashboard. 

“Alright, well, I’ll let you go. Be safe and thank you for last night,” he climbed out and leaned back into the patrol car. 

“You’re very welcome. Thank you,” she replied, grinning like a madwoman at his adorable face, inches away from her own. Leaning into the final inches, she pressed her lips to his. Savoring the taste of the yogurt and berries that tasted yummier coming from his lips than from her own spoon. 

“Be safe,” he whispered one last time before closing the door and walking to his front door. Turning to look at her one last time, he waved and watched her car roll down his driveway, onto his street, and out of his sight.

Chapter End Notes:
Review! Review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: randomhookup