Author's Chapter Notes:
One more ladies...

i’ll be running round getting high on love,
too much will kill ya, i know thats right,
but she got that crack and I got that pipe,
now if shes the pusha and I’m the hustla,
and loves the drug and this for the lovers,

“Foster,” an exhausted voice answered the ringing phone from the dashboard. 

“Dani? Hi, its JC,” the caller replied, hesitancy lacing his voice. 

“Hey! Sorry, I’m used to answering my work phone. What’s going on?” a small smile rose her lips hearing his voice. She’d just ended her shift, and was ready to get home and sleep. But, first, she needed a long shower. 

“It’s no problem, just threw me off for a second. I’m assuming your shift is over.” 

“Yeah, I’m still at the station, but I’m off the clock now.” 

“How tired are you?” It was a loaded and hopeful question. 

“Extremely, but I’m not dead. It was just a hot day, so that always makes it longer and harder,” she replied. She was extremely tired, but she was also extremely anxious to see him again. In the back of her mind, she hoped that he was calling to see each other again. 

“This is all so last minute, but I have some friends over right now and well we’re about to fire up the grill. It’s just some chill time by the pool, and well, I wondered if you wanted to come over.” There is was. There was the offer that she was longing for. 

“I’d love to, sure. Do I have time to swing by home to grab a shower first?” she wondered, the engine of her baby purring in the background. 

“You could always grab a shower here, if you want to. I mean, you’d have to cross town to get to your place then back to my place. It was just an option, whatever you want to do,” he rambled. 

“It’s nothing fancy, right?” she asked. She had some clothes in her duffle bag that she always carried with her. With her job, you never knew when you’d have to go as a civilian. 

“Yeah, nothing fancy at all. It’s just chilling and relaxing,” he quickly confirmed. 

“Well, if you don’t mind, then sure, I can grab a shower at your place. I’m leaving the station now, so I should be there in about fifteen,” she announced, taking a right out the parking lot instead of her usual left. 

“Isn’t the station like thirty minutes away?” a confused JC asked. 

“Well, yeah, but umm, I have sirens…” she said in a know-it-all fashion before chuckling. He, too, chuckled. 

### JC’s House ### 

“Yo, T! Can you get the door?” JC yelled from the kitchen. He was busy getting some things ready when he’d heard the doorbell ring. He hoped his friend, Tony would be nice enough to get up and get the door for him. 

“Yo, C! I thought we said no entertainment! Damn, you could’ve at least got one for the girls…” he heard from the kitchen, and his eyebrows furrowed. Entertainment? He had no idea what his friend was talking about, until he heard the hooting and hollering coming from the living room. 

“Dani, shit,” he mumbled, rushing to rinse his hands and out to the front of the house. He skidded into the living room just in time to see a smirking Dani, still dressed in her uniform with her duffle bag hanging from her shoulder. His friends all had cheesy, sloppy grins on their faces. It was almost comical really, almost

“Shut your traps fools! I’m sorry Dani. I don’t let them out the house often. Here, come this way,” he chastised his friend then quickly pulled Dani down the hallway. Leading her upstairs, he showed her to his bedroom and bathroom. 

“I’m really sorry about them,” he apologized for the millionth time as he showed her where everything was located. 

“It’s ok. I hear worse all the time,” she soothed, placing a gentle hand on his arm. An embarrassed blush covered his face and neck, and she found it adorable. 

“Well, yes, granted, I figure you do. But, man, they’re such animals,” he bowed his head, shaking it in dismay. 

“I do remember, vividly I should add, someone I know suggesting that I pull out my baton and handcuffs next rendezvous. So, I’m sure they’re not the only animals in this house,” she teased, daring to reach out her fingers and hook them through his belt loops. Looking at down at her fingers, a smirk rose to his face before he looked up at her through lush eyelashes. 

“And the request remains pending…” he replied, pecking her lips. She laughed lightly before pushing him out of the bathroom, so she could go on with her business. 

~~~~ 

“Hey handsome…” Dani snuck up behind JC, who stood in the kitchen. Her hands sat on his hips, and she stretched on her tippy toes to look over his shoulder. He was meticulously chopping tomatoes, well attempting to anyway. 

“Hey gorgeous…feel better?” he tipped his head to the side, capturing her lips for a quick peck. Such a simple action, but it brought a smile to Dani’s face. 

“Yeah, it’s amazing what a shower can do to a person. Need any help?” she offered, moving to stand beside him. 

“Well…I’m trying to chop some veggies for the burgers, but umm…” he shamefully admitted truce. Chuckling, she bumped him out of the way and expertly chopped the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. 

“Is that all?” she questioned, looking over at him. 

“Damn woman, I may just have to marry you,” he kidded, once more kissing her lips. Dani shook her head and followed him out the kitchen and out to his backyard patio, where the sun was beautifully setting. There were about ten other people scattered about, some in the pool while other just lounged around chatting. 

JC placed the covered platter of veggies in the middle of the wrought iron patio table before pulling a seat out for Dani beside him. She sat directly across from the same guy that’d opened the door for her earlier, who bashfully smiled at her. 

“Sorry about earlier,” he immediately apologized once Dani took her seat. 

“It’s no problem, really. I think it was pretty funny, actually. I’m Dani, nice to meet you,” she smile, extending her hand across the table to shake his hand. 

He returned the smile. “Tony Lucca”  

Everyone at the table went around introducing themselves, offering friendly smiles. Quickly, she found herself chatting with them all as if she was one of their close friends. JC brought her a chilled beer, and the night went on – warm and animated. 

Some time, the group had moved towards the pool after eating. Some were in the pool while the others sat scattered on the lawn, laughing and squealing. The group had accepted her with open arms, quickly taking friendly jabs at her. She hadn’t had this much fun in such a long time, and she was really glad that she’d accepted JC’s invite. 

JC. He’d just snuck a kiss, tasting of lime’s tartness. He tasted of the Coronas he drank, mixed with the lime he’s just sucked into his mouth. He’d been so affectionate all night, and she knew his friends had noticed them but everyone kept quiet. She felt so comfortable with all the affection he’d displayed. 

Sitting on the lawn, her back rested comfortably against his side. His arm was wrapped around her middle and her arms wrapped around her legs. The short jean shorts and white tank that she wore were quickly becoming too little clothing; the night was quickly cooling. 

“Cold?” he asked, softly in her ear as they listened to Greg tell a story. 

“A bit chilled,” she turned her head lightly to look at him, a small smile on her lips. Wrapping his arm tighter around her waist, he pulled her closer to him. One by one, the group dwindled. 

“I think I should head out,” Dani announced as she walked into the kitchen, carrying some empty platters into the kitchen. She was the only one remaining. 

“Why don’t you spend the night?” JC offered from his place by the refrigerator, where he was storing leftovers. 

“Is that a good idea?” she cocked her hip to a side, looking at him. 

“I think it’s a wonderful idea, myself,” he smirked before turning his attention back to the refrigerator. “Do you work tomorrow?” 

“I work the night shift this week starting tomorrow,” she replied. 

“Night shifts aren’t safe,” he offered, standing up straight. A sense of protectiveness that felt foreign to him had overpowered his being since this morning. All day he’d been on pins and needles, worried senseless about her. He’d never given a second thought to the day in and day out of a cop, but now it was personal. 

“No safer than broad daylight, my dear,” she challenged. 

“Touché.”

Chapter End Notes:
Review! Review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: randomhookup