Author's Chapter Notes:

not proofread. i'm lazy. 

"Saturday, you're coming right?" I look over my shoulder to find Jesse's back to me and I take a full minute to appreciate her ass. It truly is a sight to be seen.

"What's Saturday?" She turns.

"The BBQ at my parents. I think Trace and some of the guys are going to be there too."

"Ew. Do we have to go?" She turns and pouts. Even when she's pouting, which I normally hate, it's hot.

"Yes, we have to go." I get off the couch and move towards the kitchen. "They're my parents."

"I know but I just feel so uncomfortable around them."

Maybe if you made an effort to speak, you wouldn't feel that way. She gets around my family and she's suddenly mute girl. But she gets around my friends and it's almost like she's trying to pick a fight with them. I could be wrong but it feels like that sometimes.

The stuff she'll say to Trace. Sure, the kid doesn't have a job and he's just..... I don't wanna say hanging out but he's not really putting any effort into finding a job. But who am I to say anything? He might have some money saved up. Not likely, but you never know. I mean, stranger things have happened.

"Look," I slide behind where she's standing, arms around her. "We go, stay for a little bit and then leave." She pouts again and I kiss her neck. "I'll buy you ice cream on the way home?"

"Well, if there's ice cream, I guess I can handle a few hours."

"That's my girl." I smack her ass and go back to the baseball game.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I can't believe you're still with her." Trace cracks open a beer. "She's a bitch."

Rolling my eyes, "She's not that bad man. Cut her some slack."

"She told me to stop mooching off the free food here and get a job."

I had to laugh at that. It's true. I overheard my mom telling him that she'd have some leftovers for him to take home.

"I am not mooching." He grunts.

I look at him.

"Ok, maybe just a little." He admits and again I laugh. "I still don't like her. I mean, she's the type of chick that will stalk your ass at work."

"She doesn't even call me!" He has lost his mind. There is nothing wrong with Jesse. Sure, she sends a few texts and emails during the day. Who doesn't do that?

"You just wait man." He gives me a knowing look. "It's coming. When she starts asking questions about the women you work with, run. Fast."

"Fuck off." I shove him.

~*~*

Rounding the corner I find Jesse having a conversation with my mother and granny, all three of them talking quickly and all three with smiles on their faces.

That is almost never a good sign.

"Hey." I slide into the little circle they've got going on. "What'cha talking about?"

"Nothin' special." My mom gives me a weird smile.

It's a scary smile if I'm being honest. It's like a cross between worry and elation. And I don't know what to make of it.

"Hey." Jesse whispers and I throw my arm around her shoulders.

"When you gonna give me some great grandbabies boy?" My granny says.

"Um." Talk about a what- the- fuck- where- did -that -come- from moment.

"Babies. I ain't getting any younger." She says.

"I think.... I don't know." I know I'm stuttering but damn she caught me off guard.

"We think that you should really start thinking about it." My mom says, her eyes drifting to Jesse. "I'd like to see you settle down and have a family."

"Jesus mom." I groan. "I'm not even thirty years old. There is plenty of time."

"Actually," Jesse starts and I'm pretty sure I'm looking at her like she's grown another head. "The older men and women get, right around the time they turn thirty, the odds of getting pregnant drop drastically."

Who is this chick and what happened to my girlfriend? No fuckin' way am I ready for a kid. I can't even keep a fish alive.

"See! She's ready." Granny says. "Think of how gorgeous those babies would be. With her face and his eyes."

All three women turn and look at me. You know in the cartoons when they're starving and they look at their friends and they suddenly turn into food? Yeah, they're all looking at me like that.

"No." I hold my hands up. "No babies. Are you kidding me?" I look at Jesse and she's just standing there. Looking all innocent and shit. I'm not buying it.

"We would have the cutest babies." She smiles at me. "Haven't you thought about it? A girl and two boys. That way you could teach them how to play baseball and basketball. And she'd be our little ballerina."

What the fuck is going on here? I feel like I'm in the damn twilight zone or something.

"Ok, here's what's going to happen." I take a pull from my beer. "I'm going to go away from the baby talk and when I see you three again, it'll have been dropped. Capish?"

And with that, I turn and practically run away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You seemed to enjoy yourself today." I watch her move around my bedroom and it feels almost comfortable. Living with a girlfriend is a big step. One that I'm not ready to make yet.

But she's more than welcome to spend the night. As much of a pussy as this makes me sound, it's nice to have someone to cuddle up with at night.

"Yeah, I did." She pulls one of my old t-shirts over her head. "Except Trace. I don't know how you're friends with him. He's a loser."

"Hey. Come on now. He's not that bad." I kick my shoes off.

She turns, hands on her hips and gives me ‘the look'. I've grown quite used to that look the last few days. I'm hoping it's just PMS and that it's gonna pass. Because, hot as she may be, that look is not one I want to see several times a day.

"Justin, he wants to play video games for a living."

I giggle. Ok, I might be a little intoxicated. Sue me. It was a BBQ and I was going to enjoy myself.

"I'm going to grab something quick to eat." She bounces from the room and I find myself admiring the way the shirt barely covers her ass.

I need to get up and shower. I'm pretty sure I might get some tonight and I want to not smell like sweat and beer for that. Grunting I drag my tired body off the bed and into the bathroom.

"You want something?" Jesse yells as I turn the water on.

"No." I call back and shut the door.

My already small counter is covered in chick products. There's stuff for her hair, her face, shaving cream, make up. I don't understand why women have so much shit. All they really need is shampoo, soap and you're good. Is there really a need for heat protection hair spray? Why do you need that?

Yanking the shirt over my head I cringe thinking about the baby talk earlier. That was insane. I've been dating this girl for less than six months. She just started staying overnight for Christ's sake.

Just as I'm about to get into the shower, I see the ominous pink packet hiding behind the array of bottles on the counter. I sneak a look at the closed door before grabbing the pills.

"Son of a bitch." Today is Saturday. The last time she took a pill was Wednesday. This is not good.

Yanking my boxers back up my legs I storm into the kitchen, pills in hand.

"I thought you were taking a shower." She says without turning around.

I throw the pills on the counter beside her. "Wanna explain that?"

She looks at them then turns to me. "I forgot."

"You forgot?!" I'm pretty sure my voice just cracked. "You forget to throw clothes in the hamper. You don't forget to take your birth control! Jesus Jesse."

"It's no big deal." She opens the packet. "I'll take them now. Honestly, freak out much?"

"Yes, I do freak out much." I sound completely hysterical even to my own ears. "I do not want a kid. So take those suckers now or you can forget tonight."

Rolling her eyes she swallows the pills. "Happy?"

"Very much so." I turn and go back to the shower.

Fucking women. Gonna give me a heart attack one day.

Chapter End Notes:
suck on that writers block!

Incomplete
meggie is the author of 31 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story