Author's Chapter Notes:
This was meant to be a short story. I had to break it into chapters so that you could see the distinction between the two characters.

Lately she had been down.  I mean really down.  Life had been rough on her lately.  Her mom, the only real family she had, had been real sick and she then had left her for a better place, a place where she was no longer in pain and could watch over her daughter forever.  Her boyfriend, one that she thought that she might spend the rest of her life with, had gone and left her too, for another girl.  She just couldn’t seem to find any joy in her life anymore.  Some days she wondered why she even continued to live, there seemed to be nothing left to live for.  She used to be able to find the joy in the simple things, the sun on a warm day, puppies, children laughing, and spending time with the ones that she loved.  But, they were all gone.  Just gone, not there any more.  And along with them went her ability to find the sun, the warmth in her life.


Her friends tried everything that they could.  They let her be for awhile thinking that she just needed time, so they gave it to her.  They tried to talk to her, but she couldn’t.  They made sure that she knew that they were always there for her, because they were.  They tried going out doing normal things with just the girls.  They even tried clubbing.  She used to love dancing and always had a great time whenever they went out, but not that time.  Sure she danced but the sparkle that used to be in her eyes just wasn’t there any more.  They just didn’t know what to do.  They wanted her back.  Their crazy spirited friend who could always make them laugh and loved to smile.  They hadn’t seen her real smile in such a long time.  Sure she smiled but it wasn’t that smile that she had before, the one that just lit up her whole face.  They wanted to see that one.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story