Story Notes:
#AwesomeAugust Post 8 -- I'm in fabulous company with some super, talented chicas. So, I tip my hat to thee. Enjoy my dears.
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm at my parents', who's internet SUCKS! But, I will try to post everything soon. If not, I'll have to do it til I can get home late Sunday evening. Let's hope not.

Here's the first chapter, the prelude to the good stuff. Hope y'all enjoy.

Conga Room – Los Angeles, CA

August 7, 2006 

“Oh man…I think I’m gonna cry,” Chris chuckled from beside Joey, as they all sat in the booths set up around the dance floor. 

“Are you kidding me? I’m going to piss myself,” Justin cackled from across the table, leaning into Lance’s side for support. 

“I honestly cannot believe Ana convinced Jace to do this,” Lance tragically mumbled. 

“Oh man…that’s love. I told him she’d make him pay,” Chris shook his head, before giggling once more. 

“But, seriously, who would’ve noted Ana has vindictive?” Joey asked, sobering. All four looked around at each other before one-by-one each hand was raised. Bursting with laughter once again, they were a spectacle. They continued their playful banter until the night’s announcer walked out onto the waxed dance floor. 

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome! Let me begin by thanking you for coming out and supporting our pupils. They’ve worked very hard for the past 10 weeks, and tonight, they will showcase what they’ve learned. Let’s begin by bringing out our students, followed by their professional partners,” the announcer, dressed in a suit, spoke before a trail of maybe 12 couples stepped into the spotlight. 

The four cackling fools on stage right craned their necks, in an attempt to locate their friend. 

“Who knew he was doing this besides Chris?” Justin asked, turning accusing eyes on his three friends. Joey, shrugged. Chris, shook his head. Lance, well, he looked down. 

“You knew?!?!” Chris exclaimed. 

“I only found out because Ana let it slip, assuming we all knew. Jace, he made me swear to keep my mouth shut. Sorry guys,” he shrugged. 

“It’s cool…oh look, there he goes!” Chris exclaimed, pointing a way-to-excited finger towards the back of the line. 

“Damn, he cleans up well,” Joey commented, taking note of JC’s black ensemble. 

“That’s Lance’s line…” Chris deadpanned.

“Ha…” Lance mumbled, the tension quickly making an ugly appearance. Turning their attention back to the dance floor, they watched as JC led a scantily clad Ana across the wooden, polished floor. A slinky one-shoulder, silver sparkle, sleeved dress hung onto her toned, tanned body. 

“Ooh wee…JC, my man, is one lucky son of a bitch!” Joey hooted, the guys laughing in response. 

#### 

“I can’t believe I’m about to do this,” JC mumbled, adjusting the waistband of his black satin dance trousers. He looked around, seeing all the different couples dressed in similar get-ups. Black ensembles for the men, and short sparkling dresses for the women. 

“Oh please, Josh, it’ll be over soon,” Ana hissed from beside him. They’d reached their place on the dance floor, standing straight in position. 

“Anita, mama, the only reason I agreed to do this is you. This meant so much to you, so here I am,” JC calmly reminded her of his tortured soul. Ana rolled her eyes before sighing. 

“Yes, I know. I know that these past two months have been complete torture for you. I appreciate you humoring my one request. This will last all of ten minutes, and then, I will never ask you to dance with me ever again,” Ana grumbled, taking his hand in hers, and preparing herself for the dance to begin. 

“Oh, no, you don’t. I’ve been in dance spandex for two months for you. I’ve gotten blisters and diaper rashes in places I didn’t think possible for you. Plus, I’m spending my birthday in too-tight pants and cut-of-my-blood-flow-shoes for you. I think I deserve a little grumble-time if I so desire,” JC hissed in return. 

“Josh, I’ve already apologized, repeatedly, about the showcase being today. I know you wanted to celebrate your birthday tonight, and we still can. I’m sorry,” Ana sighed, her shoulders slumping in defeat. 

“Shoulders high, dear,” JC hissed before twirling her out of position, and into their rehearsed salsa number. For the past two months, JC and Ana had been attending salsa dance lessons at the Conga Room in Los Angeles. For New Year’s, they’d promised each other that they would try something new for one another. Well, JC had asked Ana to learn a new instrument – the drums. And, she had. 

When it came time for Ana to choose something for JC to try, she’d chosen salsa. Often, they’d go out dancing with her Latino friends, and he’d sit back and watch them have a good time. Endlessly, she’d try to teach him at home. But, like always, they’d butt heads. They couldn’t take instruction from each other. Too much ego between them, so Ana had signed them up for classes. 

And, now, after two months of reading stories about his mishaps during class in the newspaper every morning after class, it was all ending. The teaching ensemble hosted a student showcase at the end of every program, and here they were. JC had to admit that he’d enjoyed learning something new, but he would’ve wished to have learned it in private. Instead, Ana had signed them up for common lessons – where his humorous and idiotic mistakes had been on display for everyone to witness. 

Everyone, including his former bandmates, who he knew were in attendance tonight.

Ana had mistakenly informed Lance, and then Chris had found out through a newspaper. And of course, once Chris knew, the other two stooges knew. Snapping back into reality, his attention shifted back to his routine. 

Caught in the fast-paced back-and-forth movement of Ana’s hips, his mood changed dramatically. The heavy African percussion directed his heart’s beat, his feet’s tap, and his hips’ swish. Remembering to follow the clave rhythm, his arms directed their open and closed positions. Ana’s body slinked against his, a long, lean leg wrapping around the back of his muscular thigh. Her eyes, playful and sultry, locked with his. A small smirk appeared on her lips, teasing him with a quick flick of her tongue. Twirling her away from his body, her body popped into place, a wink greeting him. 

Despite his dislike for having to endure the pain and embarrassment of learning salsa, he would forever be thankful. Now, he could be the man Ana rubbed against when out dancing. He could join her on whatever dance floor she preferred. He’d definitely have to ask her to dress in salsa outfits more often. Hell, maybe he’d suggest that she record a salsa album next. Then, oh then, he’d be able to see her in nonexistent getups for often. 

Watching her hips slink away, her bottom getting further away from him, he danced his way around with the other men. Keeping his eye on his lady, he promised himself something. To apologize for his behavior. Without an apology, he knew Tajo and Ax, their dogs would be sleeping warmer than him tonight.

Chapter End Notes:
Review! Review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story