Story Notes:
Awesome August Challenge Day #17
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well let's get this started. It's several chapters.
 

Life on the road is not glamorous nor is it easy, for anyone. Listening to the fans, who have traveled from all over, screaming for everyone on stage to give a little more, is worth whatever challenges that are thrown into the pile.

Each person has a family somewhere, away from them. Everyone has left what they know back at a place they call home. The person who sets up the stage, the person running the lights or the person standing on stage playing an instrument every night may not be the same person that walks through the front door of their family home.

Different cities every day, different venues, different crowds make the ones that do surround each other a tight knit crew while away from their families. It was the only kind of normalcy a person can have on the road. Life becomes nothing but a routine; day after day it repeats itself in an endless cycle.

Being on the road nearly every day of the calendar year is hard on any type of relationship. The relationship you have with family and friends isn't the same anymore, and love well; love itself is a challenge. So the best kind of relationship to have is not having one at all. Don't involve the matter of the heart because anything can happen at the drop of a hat, causing it to shatter. Even when you least suspect it.

 

Justin's life was out there for the world to know. Everything about his life is public knowledge, regardless if he wanted the world to know or not. His love life, sticky at times, has always been consistent. He was a relationship guy and has spent ninety percent of his adult life, after the needs of someone else. As much as he enjoyed being in a relationship, he didn't enjoy the broken heart it always turned out to be.  He was ready to simply live life for him, for the first time in thirty years.

His career stood strong, even with pressure on him to release something as great as his last album. The stress he put himself through affected him personally and professionally. The more the label pressed the more he didn't want to do it. He needed to create music when he was ready to do so. It just so happened, when he finally ended his relationship, the words flowed out onto sheets of paper like they never had before. He had taken the emotion filled lyrics, the heartache from his first album and the production skills of the second and made an album even he was proud of.

 

Finding the ‘one' has never been a priority for Jill. Been there done that, she didn't need to go through all that heartache again. She saw the pain and anguish others went through in relationships and never understood why anyone would voluntarily do that over and over again. One heartbreak was enough for her to go through in her lifetime.

She put her focus into her dancing; only allowing the men in her life on a temporary basis, and only to benefit her. She wasn't a cold hearted person but she was also not someone that would fall to pieces because of a guy. Having success in the one thing she always dreamed of having the chance to do was her highest achievement in life or at least that's what she thought. Until recently the only thing she has ever wanted to do was dance, but that changed along with a few other things.

 

Somewhere in the middle of this calendar year, the daily routine changed for the both of them. What started on a hot August night during a dance routine they had done countless times before on that stage, everything they both knew had been changed forever.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendswithbenefits