The first show had been a resounding success. Calandra had watched from the pit in front of the stage, holding her breath nearly the entire time. Though Justin and the dancers had worked their asses off to memorize the steps she had created she had feared that someone or something would mess up. But nothing did. Everything went off fluidly with not even the tiniest mistake. The dancers were in top form and Justin, well, Justin was perfect.

 

So unbelievably perfect in every way. She knew she was not the only one who watched every move he made while onstage. She knew she wasn't the only woman who felt weak in the knees when he danced erotically with the girl dancers. There was no jealously from Calandra, because she knew who would be sharing his bed that night. The knowledge put a smile on her face that was still in place later that night as they all piled into the caravan of cars and SUVs that would take them to the club Justin had suggested.

 

Routine, he told her as he pulled her into his lap. Apparently they always went to a club on the first night of tour. He had barely stepped into a shower after the show and his hair was still damp but she didn't mind. She loved the smell of him. She liked his aftershave and cologne, but when those faded and she could smell his skin, his sweat, it made her shiver. Justin caught her lips in a soft kiss just as they reached the club and she wished she could whisper the words in her heart when he looked into her eyes briefly before they climbed out.

 

It was no secret they were together. She wasn't quite sure what their relationship status was, though. They never went out on dates. Instead it would be a murmured request that she come to his house when they finished up at the studio or, since arriving in Miami two days before, a hotel key slipped into her hand. She had overheard him telling the backup dancers and band that she was off-limits. She never would have gone off with any of those greasy guys, but she was touched by the gesture just the same.

 

The club was packed and she felt out of place in her jeans and tank top when she saw the clusters of women in mini skirts and halter tops. They stumbled around, teetering on high heels and obviously not minding when backsides or breasts were exposed. Justin didn't even seem to notice them as he led her to the VIP room. He hollered out for a bottle of tequila and two glasses and then pulled her into a corner booth.

 

It may have not been a white picket fence and two kids in the suburbs, she reflected as his lips descended over hers, but she would take what she could get.

 

***

 

Usher was pounding from the speakers and it was so loud Justin could barely hear himself think. He chuckled as he raised his glass for another shot. Slapping the glass down on the table, he slid low in his seat as Mark and Troy laughed when he coughed at the burn. Reaching for his beer, Justin raised it in triumph before taking a hearty swig. "Fuckers." He slurred the word terribly but didn't care. Pulling out of the booth he looked around the room for Calandra. She had said something about having to...go do something but it shouldn't have taken her this long. He weaved through the group of dancing couples, holding his hands above his head so he wouldn't inadvertently grope a dude.

 

He slammed into the bar, grinning sheepishly at the bartender as he used his hands to push himself upright. "Sorry dude. Hey! Have you seen Calandra?" He shouted when he saw a familiar face. It belonged to someone he knew but he didn't try to say her name, knowing he would screw up and call her the wrong thing and get a glare.

 

The dancer pointed over her shoulder towards the bathroom. "Some jackass spilled beer all over her. She's washing her shirt out in the bathroom."

 

"Thank-ya." Keeping a grip on the edge of the bar, he bowed, giggling when she rolled her eyes. Pushing off the bar, he headed for the bathroom to check on Calandra. He needed her. She was supposed to be with him, not in some bathroom washing her shirt. Bringing a hand up to slap his forehead, he instead brushed his fingers over the top of his head. "I'm such a needy fucking drunk. Can't let my girl out of my sight? What the fuck am I? A pussy?"

 

He turned when he reached the doorway that led to the bathrooms and groaned when he saw a seemingly neverending hallway. It was dim, a sconce here and there down the walls but he knew he would be bumping into everything. Placing a hand on either wall, he slowly walked forward. He had made it halfway down the hall when one of the doors at the end opened and a woman started towards him. Damn. Even in the dim light he could see the sway of her hips and the jiggle of her chest. A smile played at her lips as she neared and he felt rooted to the spot as a sudden memory washed over him.

 

Time seemed to suspend for long moments as they both swayed and for a second he thought they would manage to stay on their feet but before the thought finished they crashed. He landed hard on the floor, grunting when the firm body fell atop him. His hands instantly moved to steady her and a chuckle escaped his lips when his hands landed on the softness of her backside.

 

"You okay?" She asked, hands sliding from his shoulders to his chest. The soft crush of her breasts disappeared as she sat up, graceful movements that astounded him in his state of mind. Her hands grabbed his and then he was being pulled to his feet.

 

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that," he murmured, offering his most apologetic smile. Her eyes widened slightly and he wondered if he had adopted his drunken grin. "You?"

 

"I'm... I'm okay."

 

Then she stepped into the light and he saw it was Calandra. Calandra. Not that woman he had dreamt about ever since that horrible night. His sweet, delectable Calandra, who had no problem sporting a soaking wet tank top. There was no way she was her. She couldn't speak, much less sing. Well, he mentally corrected as he brought her close, she could speak. She used her hands, eyes and body to speak. She spoke clearly when she rubbed his head while he fell asleep watching a movie.

 

She may not have been her, but Justin could see himself falling in love with the woman in his arms.

 

***

 

Bony fingers clutched the edge of the table as dark eyes stared into the crystal ball. He snarled and shut off the image mentally, pushing away from the table. His footsteps echoed in the paneled room as he began to pace. The little slut. Of course that Timberlake fellow would fall for her if her legs spread wide with just a look from him.

 

"I shall just have to make sure it goes no further." His dry lips curled over his yellowed teeth in a smile as he walked to the glass cabinet that held his most treasured trinkets. The item he was looking for held a place of prominence. She had certainly given in quickly when she thought she would be able to capture the heart of a spoiled pop star. He carefully plucked the glowing bottle from its shelf and looked at the circle of light that suspended inside.

 

Yes. His plan would work. His plan had to work.

 

His plans always did.

 

***

 

The roar of the crowd still rung in Justin's ears even though two hours had passed since the concert had ended. North Carolina definitely knew how to make a man feel welcome. He had dragged out the encores, fueled by their response, giving in to their demands for more. And he still felt the euphoria of their love as he and some of the band jammed backstage.

 

He reached for his drink, foot tapping in time to the beat as the wisps of smoke from cigarettes and joints created a cloud near the ceiling. Instinctively he reached for Calandra and sighed when he remember she wasn't there. He drained his beer and tossed the empty bottle into the trash before picking up his guitar again.

 

"Here's a big 'fuck you' to bitches getting sick and not being able to get any!" He shouted, laughing when he was greeted by agreeing murmurs from the guys in the band.

 

"Is your bitch still sick?" Troy asked as he worked to replace a broken string on his guitar.

 

"Fuckin' flu." Justin groaned. He had gotten used to waking up to mind-blowing sex every morning since the tour had begun. But that morning when he had rolled over and reached for Calandra, he had only touched cold sheets. She had been huddled in the bathroom, head in the toilet and shivering like crazy. At first he had thought it was just a hangover but when he had helped her to her feet he'd felt the burn of a fever. Ariella had fretted and had told him in her tinny voice that Calandra couldn't do any work that day. He had given her some ibuprofen and tucked her back in the bed and made sure there was plenty of water in the mini fridge before he had left for his round of interviews. All day he had meant to have someone go check on her but each time he opened his mouth to ask Rachel, something had come up. Another interview. Soundcheck. A screwed up sound system that had taken over an hour to fix. When the show had ended he'd sent Rachel to the hotel to check on Calandra and had gotten a quick text saying that she was asleep.

 

"Man, you ain't getting no pussy if she's sick." Troy grinned at his statement, lightly plucking the replaced string.

 

"Shit, I don't want pussy if she's sick. Fuck that, I can't afford to get sick." Justin sighed and accepted the joint that was passed to him. He wanted to go back to the hotel and be with her. He really did. But when he had suggested that to Rachel she had launched into a litany of reasons why he shouldn't. He had finally given in and joined Troy and the gang in the dressing room to hang out. Slowly exhaling a plume of light smoke, he turned when the door opened.

 

"These don't look sick." Troy hissed the words in Justin's ear as several women slipped into the room, allowed in by the bodyguard that someone had sent looking for prime ladies.

 

"Shit." Justin stared at the exposed flesh impassively, reminding himself that he had a gorgeous body waiting for him at the hotel. Then he reminded himself that she wasn't really waiting. She was asleep. And sick. And... It wasn't like they were dating, right? His mind fumbled to find a word that would accurately describe his relationship with Calandra as a round of drinks was poured.

 

Two drinks later, he still hadn't come up with a word. The statuesque brunette with killer abs poured him another and his mind was quickly growing fuzzy. He didn't push her back when she slid one long leg over his lap. He didn't complain when her body rocked against him. And when she whispered hotly in his ear that they should find a room of their own he let her lead him out, ignoring the small voice that nagged in the back of his mind.

 

It's not like I'm going to fuck her. He told himself that over and over as they stumbled into his private dressing room.

 

"I've been searching for you for a long time, Justin." As she spoke she guided him to the large couch and Justin felt a jolt at the sound of her voice. The fuzziness of his mind began to fade away and he stared at her.

 

"You have?" He took another sip of his drink, frowning when his mind grew fuzzy again.

 

"Yes." Her hands cupped his face and he was taken back to that miserable night and the feather-soft touches of fingers on his cheeks. "I was scared, you know. I worried that you would think I was involved and..." She sighed, her full lips feeling like velvet over his. "And then I couldn't find you."

 

"It was you." Fuzziness be damned, he knew her voice when he heard it. The voice he had longed to hear for so long. He pushed his drink aside and clutched her shoulders. He needed to know she was real. He needed to know he wasn't dreaming.

 

"I'm so glad those bastards didn't mess up your beautiful face." Her eyes glimmered with unshed tears and his fingers crept into the soft brown waves that fell to her waist.

 

"I tried to find you. But nobody believed me. Fuck, even the cops looked like they were going to laugh when I told them about you." Her lips brushed his again and he sighed, heart tumbling in his chest as he breathed in the intoxicating scent of light floral perfume. There was something behind the perfume. Something heavier that sent his senses into overdrive. "What's your name?" He asked as he brought her closer.

 

"Cat." The syllable was whispered against his lips before she drew him into a kiss.

 

Cat.

 

He'd found her.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story