Applying mascara required some level of concentration which apparently I couldn’t seem to attain.

Adrian was going to be there any moment and all I could do was stare blankly ahead into the mirror with my mascara wand in front of my eyelashes, in a constant state of mental tug-o-war recalling the vivid and erotic details of my night with Justin and then trying to push them out of my mind.

We’d had a mostly sleepless night.

It seemed an unspoken agreement between us that if we were going to explore this curiosity that we had for each other then we were to leave no stone unturned and his talent for disarming me had us both doing things that we just knew we’d have to steel our thoughts against in the morning to avoid awkwardness.

Still, when the sun started to come up and I had decided that it was time for me to go, I managed to slip out of bed before he awoke to avoid any possible uneasiness at least for me.

At that moment, the thought of having to spend an evening with Adrian didn’t seem as appealing as it once did.

Not because I didn’t still like him and want him, but as the minutes to his arrival ticked closer by, I started to get an unsettling feeling inside that he would take one look at me and see sex all over me, like his eyes were fitted with black lights.

I felt like Lady MacBeth only it wasn’t blood on my hands that I was worried about.

It was of course the guilt of having turned him down and then going and fucking the guy upstairs instead, but there was one consolation and that was that my curiosity for Justin was now well and truly satisfied and now I could move on, forget about him and focus on the one I really wanted to invest my time in.

I was able to finally smile to myself a little with that thought and I was also capable of completing the task of applying my mascara.

I kept busy so that I wouldn’t be left clock watching or relapsing back into my head thinking about last night by feeding my kids and trying to find a cheap new iPhone on Ebay.

Finally my buzzer chimed letting me know that Adrian had arrived and I literally leapt out of my chair throwing myself in the direction of my intercom, picking up the receiver.

“Hello!”

“It’s me!”

“I’ll be right down!”

I instantly went from anxious to excited, because he sounded so animated.

“Bye, bye my babies, be good please! Barney, please don’t chew on the couch okay?”

It was a request that I knew was a tough ask but with that I was out the door to see Weezer with Adrian.

I tired to ignore the feeling like I was in an episode of CSI checking corners before I turned them and holding my breath when the elevator doors opened in case Justin was around somewhere, but luckily I made it down to the lobby without any awkward run ins and when the elevator doors opened and I saw Adrian waiting for me at the security door wearing a black shirt and jeans, I couldn’t help but smile widely. He was so handsome it was ridiculous and all my apprehension vanished and I resolved to enjoy the night with him no matter what happened.

“Heeey!” He smiled as I opened the door and I laughed at his exuberance and enthusiasm.

“I’m excited, are you excited?”

“I am so very excited,” I replied with a wide grin, so happy to see him now that he was standing in front of me so eagerly instead of looking me up and down suspiciously and pointing at me accusingly saying “YOU HAD SEX!”

“Where’s your roommate?” I asked seeing he was alone and figured he’d either meet us there or wasn’t coming.

“Oh he’s come down with a cold”

“Oh no, is he okay?” I asked but there didn’t appear to be a whole lot of concern for him, so I figured his friend either bailed out at the slightest sniffle or Adrian had convinced him not to come.

“Yeah, yeah he’s fine, you wanna get something to eat? Are you hungry?” He asked quickly forgetting about his roommate who had come down ill very conveniently and I smiled.

“Sure let’s go get pizza, I feel like pizza,.”

“Pizza it is then,” He said and took my hand leading me away from the building and out into the street where he seemed to have horseshoes over his head when it came to flagging down cabs.

We quickly piled into the back and instructed the driver of our destination and once out on the road Adrian turned to me and smiled.

“What?” I asked and his was response was to lean in and kiss me,

He was so sweet and the grin on his face, even as he was kissing me was so infectious and comforting.

Every now and then I would catch him glancing at the driver to ensure he was watching the road but his attention was on me and his eyes were like two little blue spotlights.

“I went home and thought about you all night. Didn’t sleep a wink,” he confessed and though I smiled, inside I cringed because what was I supposed to say? I thought about you too? ‘cause I really didn’t. But he was there with me now and he had all of my attention.

“I am sorry again about leaving you high and dry like that,” I said and as he cuddled up to me closer, I couldn’t help thinking how right this felt.

I felt like I’d known him forever.

“Forget it, there’s nothing to apologize for. I know we moved really fast, but I just feel really comfortable with you, Sophie. Like I have always known you,” he said echoing my thoughts as I thought them and then he cringed.“Wow. Corny!”

“So corny,” I agreed.

“With extra added cheese,” he joked and I laughed loudly as he shook his head at himself and then turned back to me.

“I know how you feel though,” I told him and we kissed for the whole entire rest of the cab ride.

I found Adrian to be so completely consuming in his presence.

When he was right there in front of me, I couldn’t keep my eyes off him.

The way his eyes searched the streets, the way his mouth changed when he was giving something his full concentrations, the way he ate, his hands, his arms and his eyes.

If Estelle were there she probably would have been nudging me all night, but I just couldn’t help it.

After a quick slice at Ray’s we started to make our way to the theatre, purposely arriving late to avoid the queue up.

We bought some drinks at the bar and found a quiet corner to make out in during the opener only stopping occasionally to sip our drinks, but before we knew it the opener had finished and people came spilling out to buy more drinks or use the facilities before the main attraction.

We took the opportunity to go in and get the best spot available and I liked having someone as tall and broad as Adrian standing behind me to guard against the crush of people.

“What’s the first song gonna be?” he asked and though I’d never seen them live before, I figured it’s have to be something punchy.

“I’m gonna go with “Hash Pipe” “

“Nuh, “Trouble Maker””

“We’ll see,” I shrugged “As long as they play “If You’re Wondering” I don’t care,” I said reaching around behind my back to wrap my arms around his waist.

Suddenly the lights went down and the crowd started to cheer and clap wildly.

After the usual intro, the classic riff of “Hash Pipe” sent the crowd into a frenzy and I raised my arms into the air victoriously and turned to Adrian who laughed conceding to me in defeat.

We were having so much fun dancing and singing and every time Weezer started another one of their classics or their catchier, fun songs we got just that little bit more amped.

After the show when the house lights came back up, we got into line to shuffle out of the theatre along with the thousand or so other patrons, some drunk, some high, but all happy.

Once outside Adrian and I began walking along as he tried to use his horseshoes to get us a cab and the boy had sure perfected his cab hailing skills.

All it took was a turn down a cross street to get onto a main road, a loud whistle and hey presto! We were all cabbed up.

“How come you can get a cab in less than five minutes, and I have to walk ten blocks before I can find one?” I asked and he gave me that cheeky smile and shrugged.

“I have skills, what can I say?”

We fell into the cab and when the cab driver asked us where we were going we both turned to look at each other.

“Do you wanna come to my place?” He asked and I thought since he had already been to my place then it was only fair, that I got to see his.

I agreed and Adrian gave the driver the address and settled back in the seat, lifting one of his long arms around me.

I figured I knew what was going to be happening that night, so now was as good a time as any to get some background information on him before I let him see me naked.

“So Adrian,” I said in a very business like tone, that didn’t quite match the intimate embrace we were sharing.“Were you born in New York?”

“No, actually I was born in Winnipeg.”

“You’re Canadian?”

“No Chinese,” he joked and I elbowed him in the ribs for being smart and he laughed.

“Wow, so you’re Canadian, okay…don’t worry I won’t hold it against you,” I joked and he rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, yeah you’re so gracious…what about you are you a local?”

“No, Seattle actually.”

“Oh okay, so you’re practically a Canadian then,” he joked. He was so cheeky but not in the same way Justin was.

I always felt as though I was trying to one up Justin, whereas with Adrian he was just playful and completely non-threatening.

“Siblings?” He asked and I shook my head before looking up at him.

“You?”

“Three brothers.”

“Oh. Your poor mom,” I sighed sympathetically to which he nodded in agreement.

“Yeah it was a crazy house to grow up in.”

“Are you the eldest?”

“Yes.”

This comforted me knowing that eldest was usually the most responsible and disciplined in a family of many siblings.

“Do they live in New York too or are they in Canadia?” I asked teasing him and he grinned.

“No actually the all are spread around, Toby the next one down is currently in London, then there is James who is in Minneapolis and then Jakey is still in School only he lives with my Aunt in Vancouver.”

“Oh…how come he doesn’t live with your parents?” I asked curiously.

“Both of my parents died, my dad when I was young and my mom about four years ago,” he told me casting his eyes ahead on the road and I knew he wasn’t wholly comfortable talking about it, but I held his hand and caught his eyes.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” I offered sincerely because I really was.

Especially since being the eldest I knew it was he who most likely had to grown up almost overnight in order to take make sure that his brothers made it through school and got everything they needed.

“Thanks,” he said quietly offering me an appreciative smile and, I decided it was time for a subject change.

“Remind me when we get to your place to borrow your Weezer CD okay, ‘cause now that I’ve seen them live, I think I’m obsessed! Thanks for offering me the spare ticket.”

“You’re very welcome,” he grinned kissing me again, just as we pulled up to his apartment building.



His apartment was very much a bachelor pad and nothing matched, though to their credit, everything had its own space and it wasn’t messy or cluttered.

The video games and magazine were all in neat stacks, their shoes were neatly lined up by the door and there were minimal dishes in their tiny kitchen.

“Nice place,” I commented dropping my bag by the couch and examining the contents of the their abode,

“Yeah it’s alright,” he sighed looking around to make sure there wasn’t anything embarrassing around and I turned to him as we stood awkwardly in the middle of the room.

“Where’s your roommate?” I asked eyeing him suspiciously and he laughed nervously as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“I don’t know, maybe he went to see a doctor,” he said trying to appear as sincere as possible.

“Right, the doctor,” I nodded but in truth I didn’t care.

I was glad to be alone with Adrian without any distractions after such a fun night.

We started kissing and he held me tightly to him so I could feel his heart beating right against my chest.

“I haven’t showed you my bedroom yet, have I?” He asked breaking the kiss and all I could do was shake my head.

“Come on,” he said taking me by the hand out of the living room and into one of the two bedrooms that were laid out down the end of a short hallway

He took me into the one on the right and when he switched on his light, the first thing I noticed was, what was almost certainly a waterbed.

“Is that waterbed?” I asked pointing not getting too excited until my suspicions were confirmed.

“Yeah I know, it’s so tacky but-“

He didn’t even have a chance to finish his sentence as I promptly made my way over and fell against the bed, letting the water jostle me around, listening to water sloshing about inside the mattress.

“Oh my god, this is amazing,” I sighed closing my eyes and it got a whole lot better when Adrian collapsed down beside me, his weight creating more waves causing me to giggle like a school girl.

We lay together on his bed side by side for a moment, until the waves settled and I looked over at him and smiled.

“I have never has sex on a waterbed before…don’t you get sea sick?”

I was kidding but to my surprise, Adrian was fully prepared and reached into his bedside table and pulled out a pack of Dramamine and we both laughed heartily.

I flipped onto my stomach and crawled up to sit straddled his lap deciding to make the first move as he rested his hands behind his head.

“So,” I said resting my hands on his abdomen, feeling him breathe as he watched me intently.

“So..”

“What do you wanna do?”

Adrian didn’t say anything. He simply sat up slowly and caught my face in his hands pulling me to his lips for a slow, warm kiss.

His lips were soft but his chin was gruff and prickly, but I didn’t mind.

A flash in my mind flickered to the night before and I was determined not to get caught up in my head with something that had passed.

His hands slipped beneath the lapels of my jacket and slowly pushed it down off my shoulders, dropping it on the floor beside the bed once it was off.

Again my mind flashed back to the night before, and to combat it I broke the kiss and pushed Adrian back down on the bed.

I started to unbutton his black shirt, wanting to see him with my eyes there in front of me rather than relying on mental images which were leading me astray.

Slowly, deliberately, I unclasped one button at a time until I was able to open his shirt and run my hands up and down his body.

I leaned in to lower myself over him so we could reach each others lips and he met me half way taking my face in his hands again.

Something was wrong though.

I wanted it to be like it was last night with Justin.

Adrian was amazing, but I couldn’t see how anyone could live up to that amazing and completely erotic night and I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

When I began to feel myself drifting from Adrian, I made myself come back determined not to let my head get the better of me.

I so badly wanted to be with Adrian, and I owed him all of my attention and told myself that I would just to accept that maybe he wasn’t going to be quite the lover that Justin was.

It was an awful thing to think and I felt truly bad letting it cross my mind, but at least I was being honest with myself. Or at least that’s how I tried to rationalize it.

I was intent on giving Adrian the benefit of the doubt though, and reached between us to slip my t-shirt up over my head resting my skin against his for the first time and a jolt went through me.

It was difficult to maneuver on the instability of the water bed, but we managed to undress and as soon as we were beneath the covers, it felt a very different experience to the night before.

The pure, undiluted, eroticism with Justin was in very stark contrast to Adrian’s more tender and considered approach, but was by no means less satisfying.

I felt secure and safe inside those arms and could tell by the way he stared at me, that he was the one I wouldn’t be avoiding in corridors and elevators and that comforted me and allowed me to relax and be as fully present as I wanted to be.

When it was over we lay on our backs beside each smiling contentedly with our hands clasped together on his chest without a hint of any uneasiness.

“That was wonderful,” I sighed lazily satisfied, warm and comfortable.

“Yeah, we need to make a habit of that,” he agreed kissing the back of my hand.

I turned my face to look at him and smiled.

“I guess I should probably think about heading home, you’re roommate will probably be back soon.”

“Are you really going to pass up the opportunity to spend the night on a real life water bed,” He asked and I laughed and rolled onto my side, propping myself up on my elbow.

“I’m sure I could be persuaded,” I responded planting kisses on his chest as he raked his fingertips through my hair.

“So that Justin guy,” Adrian began and I almost choked at the mere mention of his name given the circumstance of being in bed with the man I had previously turned down for him.

I managed to hold it together and play it cool.

“What about him?” I asked trying to distract him from the conversation by burying my face into his neck.

“Were you guys ever involved at all?”

“No,” I scoffed and technically it was true. Or was it? Did sex count as “involved”?

“Never? Really?” He sounded surprised.

“No, why?” I asked, now not as interested in kissing him anymore.

“No reason just curious I guess,” he shrugged eyeing me and I noticed I had become quite tense.

“You guy have a weird chemistry, I noticed, that’s all I thought there might be some history there,” he said and I relaxed and at least I could respond to that with honesty.

“Chemistry? More like a science experiment gone awry.”

“You don’t seem to like him very much.”

“Why are you asking all these questions,” I asked becoming tightly wound again and Adrian furrowed his brow slightly at my terse response.

“Nothing forget it, I just wanted to know what your guys’ relationship was. I’m sorry,” he said sounding somewhat perplexed with my reaction and I rolled over onto my back again as we sat silently for a moment.

“If you’re asking if there’s anything to worry about there, the answer is no. We’re friends and we tease each other a lot, but there isn’t anything more to it than that,” I explained more neutrally and looked up at Adrian who continued to stare at the ceiling, and I immediately wanted to fix the lost mood between us.

“Adrian,” I said softly and touched his chest to illicit a response, but he merely sighed and looked over at me blankly.

Again, I propped up on my elbow and shuffled closer to him.

“I don’t want the night to be ruined by talking about things that aren’t important, do you?” I asked rubbing palm lightly against his chest and he softened a little and shook his head.

“No.”

“Okay…so let’s go back to the part where you ask me to stay the night and, I’ll say only if I get to be on top this time,” I grinned and finally his lips curled and he laughed softly.

“Sophie.”

“Yeah.’

“Do you want to spend the night?”

I pressed my forehead against his and slid my hand beneath the covers, resting my hand on his hip.

“Only if I get to be on top this time,” I purred against his lips and kissed him deeply straddling his lap.    


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers celebrityj triangles