It was like coming down, or so I made the uneducated comparison. One second he was all over me and the next I was struggling to keep even the ghost of his touch on me pacing my apartment trying to keep my wired nerves active because it kind of felt good in a really masochistic kind of way.
I knew he was expecting his buzzer to ring at any moment and truth be told, I fantasized about it all night.

I imagined showing up in something easy for him to remove, and telling him that yes, YES! It was him I wanted.

But at this stage the only part of him I really knew I wanted was hidden in his pants for 99.9 percent of the day.

He was right that I had feelings for him, but I wasn’t convinced yet that they extended much further than below my waist.

Sometimes I was with him and it was as comfortable as being with myself, and other times every over analyzed thought that came out of his mouth grated on my nerves and I had to zone out just to remain civil in his presence.

I didn’t go out with him, I didn’t party with him, and I had never met any of his friends, but it was hard to imagine his annoyingness would be at all muted once he had any kind of audience.

I had to do something to calm my rattled nerves and there was only one thing I could think of that would work.

I eyed my house phone and after a moment or two to contemplate if I really wanted to do it on a Monday night, I quickly decided that there wasn’t any other choice.

I walked over and picked up the phone dialing one of the few numbers I knew off by heart.

It rang a few times before she picked up.

“Yyyyellow!”

“Hey babe,” I smiled hearing her cheerful voice.

“Oh my god! Hiiiii!”

Jules was one of my very best friends in New York and it had been a month or so since we’d last caught up and this was mainly due to the fact that once we did, we needed a month to recover from the mischief we managed to get ourselves into.

“Hey! What’s happening?” I exclaimed finally smiling that night.

“Oh nothing just hanging with the kitties and waiting for Justin’s bff to call me and ask me to go partying with him,” she said.

Jules was a Timberlake fan from long before I met him and she knew things about him that required a frightening amount of research to obtain the level of detail she had on him.

For reasons beyond my comprehension, she seemed to take a particular shining to Justin’s friend and business partner Trace and no matter what information I relayed back to her that I learned from Justin and the level of gory detail I didn’t spare in order to test her commitment, she still seemed to be fixated on the idea of meeting him.

“Urgh. Jules, are you still obsessing about him?”

“Hell yeah, and I am beyond offended that you haven’t hooked me up yet!”

“Trust me babe, you know that old saying, “friend’s don’t let friends…” yeah…trust me, I’m doing you a favor.”

“Well can you do me a favor?”

“Sure…”

“Stop doing me favors!”

I burst into laughter. She seemed relentless in her quest to knowingly pursue something that no good could possibly come of.

“So how is the Justin?” She asked knowing that we hung out, but not aware of the latest developments.

“Actually,” I sighed glad she’s asked “that’s kind of why I am calling you.”

“Oh okay…continue.”

“Well…some stuff has happened and I need to go out and tell someone about it and then get smashed off my face and the role of partner in crime has you written all over it!”

“Dude, I am there, give me a half hour to show and I’ll meet you at Honky J’s okay?”

“Okay I’ll leave in half an hour.”

“Okay.”

“Okay bye.”

I called for a cab to come in thirty five minutes.

I hung up the phone and hurried into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Justin’s touch that I was trying to keep on me, was suddenly unneeded and it only took me one minute to wash it off.

I toweled off and dressed and went overboard on time spent on hair and make up so I had to rush out of the door and down to my awaiting taxi, giving him the address to Honky J’s bar and settled back into my seat for the ride.

I arrived and Jules was already at the bar and I instantly smiled.

She was the very definition of the “bubbly blonde” only she had the brains and independence to steer her clear of the bimbo stereotype and besides the whole Trace obsession, she was the smartest person in my life and a constant friend that was always there through good and bad.

“Dude, I nearly started without you. Here,” she said pushing a shot glass towards me across the bar.

“Do we get to hug first?”

“Oh yaaaayyyy!” She sang popping up from her chair and embracing me warmly.

“Okay that’s enough now,” she said pushing me away after a moment, “down to business, what’s Justin done to get you in a bar drinking?”

I took a seat and picked up the shot glass she’s bought me and brought it my lips.

“We had the sex.”

I took the shot and grimaced, unlike when I first met Adrian. I didn’t need to try and impress Jules.
“Wow…okay…so…good!” She said nodding and taking her shot before the bartender placed two beers in front of us.

“So what’s the big deal, I always knew you two would do it eventually, and besides, if you two get married, I’ll be your maid of honor and guess who the best man is going to be,” she said tapping my knee and raising her eyebrows.

“Jules, no,” I said shaking my head, “Justin and I are never getting married-“

“Never say never-“

“Neveeeerrr…ever.”

“Okay so whatever, you two screwed, I don’t know what the big deal is.”

“Well…there’s this other guy,” I began and she immediately caught on.

“Ooooh now I see what the big deal is,” she nodded in understanding and that was what I loved about Jules.

She didn’t need every detail to put two and two together and often the detail she requested was just for her own amusement.

“Are you dating?”

“Kind of. Well…not officially, I mean I slept with him…and I guess we haven’t really talked about it.”

“Well first you need to get that shit clear and did you screw the Timberlake before or after you screwed this other guy?”

“Well Justin was on Friday and Adrian was on Saturday.”

“Dude, how are you still walking?”

“I have decent cock taking ability,” I said defensively and Jules sipped her beer with a hum. “Oh but it’s not like throwing a sausage down a hallway,” I assured her.

“Oh okay, fair enough.”

“So do you like Justin?”

“No.”

“Okay you answered way too quickly. This is you and me, you basically gave me the radius of the inside of your vagina so you can be honest here.”

I sighed and thought about it for a moment.

Here was the moment of truth and reason why I asked Jules to meet me.

She always got the bottom line out of me and once that was done we would drink.

“I do like him,” I said but it sounded unfinished.

“But…”

Here it came.

“I like him way too much to ever want to see things not work out between us, and I really deep down just don’t think it will. I like him and I want him all the time now, but I also know that he and I together are a recipe for disaster, we get into arguments about everything, like to the point where sometimes I disagree with him, just to piss him off,” I started to explain.

“I feel like if I gave into him and said “yes, let’s do it, let’s be together,” he’d be like “Cool…but now I’ve lost interest” and then I’d have to move or something because we could never be friends after that.”

“And what about this other guy?”

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

“Oh god, Adrian. Adrian is perfect you know, he’s like the ideal, perfect guy and he’s just so…”

“Nice?” Jules asked with a grimace and I sighed.

“What the fuck is wrong with me? Why do I want the misery of someone like Justin and not the safety and security that is Adrian?”

“Dude you just answered your own question. Women are hardwired to want the pain and misery of a guy that their personality will just never align with. I don’t know why, I don’t know if it’s chemical, environmental or a social conditioning of some kind but that’s the way it is. How was the sex with Justin by the way?””

“Oh God. Insane.”

“Yeah I bet, you can just tell there’s some serious kink up those tats,” she said wiggling her eyebrows.

“What about this other guy, Adrian?”

“It was…” I took a moment to try find a word that wasn’t so predictable but it was the only one that fit.

“Nice,” we both said at the same time.

“Look,” Jules began, “This Adrian guy seems nice and all but, I think obviously there is some serious chemistry between you and the Timberlake and maybe the only reason you two fight so much is because you’re beating him off- wait, that sounded wrong- because you’re being so defensive of yourself against the way you feel about him.”

They were the kind of nuggets of wisdom that I kept Jules around for.

“Give the guy a chance, and if it all blows up in your face then you will have a nice guy who’s arms will be wide open waiting for you to fall into them so he can make nice love to you for the rest of your life and you will never sit around wondering whether or not you and the Timberlake could have made it work, and that would be really terrible.”

“Oh God, Jules you’re right, you’re so right!”

“I know!” she exclaimed in approval of herself.

“But do me a favor?” She asked.

“Of course, anything.”

“You have to try your best to make it work with Justin, because I want Trace!”

“Jules, that’s like saying “you have to promise to let me bludgeon myself to death with a blunt instrument,” I don’t know if I’m up for that.”

“Dude, he can bludgeon me to death with his blunt-“

“Oh God, yeah, yeah, yeah okay I get the picture!” I exclaimed and she laughed as I stood from my bar stool.

“Where are you going?” She asked eyeing me wide eyed.

“Home.”

“No, no, no you have to drink with me come on,” she said pulling the bar stool back over and I knew I how easy it would be to get her to let me leave.

“I need to go and talk to Justin, and just think, the sooner he and I work out what kind of relationship we have, the sooner I can introduce you to Syphilis- I mean Trace!”

Jules threw her head back with a laugh and nodded.

“Okay, okay get out of here then, but I want a full report tomorrow morning okay, none of this one month between drinks bullshit.”

“You got it bitch. Thank you,” I said hugging her warmly and hurrying out of the bar to catch a cab.
 
It was a long ride home and I tried to plan in my head what I was going to say, but I could never predict his dialogue and so it made it difficult for me to prepare.

I decided it would be better if I just winged it, and as soon as I was outside my building, I started to lose my nerve a little.

I looked at the Intercom and stared at the numbers.

327 327 327

I was talking myself out of it in my head, so I let my fingers move autonomously and before I knew it, his number had been punched into the keypad.

I waited for what seemed like years.

“Yeah?”

There his voice was and I had to quickly find mine.

I knew how quickly he could get to thinking that it was just some teenage girl who’d found his address.

“Hello?”

“It’s me,” I said quickly and quickly scolded myself for how nervous I sounded.

“Come on up.”

The door buzzed and I let myself in.

I waited for the elevator and once inside I very quickly started to get cold feet, but then quickly remembered what Jules said about spending the rest of my life with Adrian wondering what could have been with Justin.

I decided if I was going to make the effort to have any kind of relationship with Justin then I would play my part with no reason for complaints on his side, and part of that included keeping his interest.

I couldn’t quite work out why, but I started to undress all of a sudden very quickly inside the elevator.
By the time the elevator reached landing of the floor he occupied solely, I was completely naked, hoping the elevators didn’t have security cameras in them.

I raced to his door and shoved all my clothes behind a pot plant and stood at his apartment entrance.

I took a deep breath and knocked.

It was like a hundred years passed every second it took for him to get to the door. I waited for only a few seconds, but it seemed an eternity until finally I heard him unlocking the door.

I held my breath and the door swung open.

His expression was priceless and exactly what I’d hoped for.

Shock that he quickly masked with coolness.

A few moments passed as I smiled coyly up at him swinging my shoulders, my hands joined in front of me.

“You lost little girl,” he asked leaning against the door and I smiled a little looking up at him.

“There’s a conversation you and I have to have,” I began sounding very matter of fact.
“But I guess it can wait.,” I said sounding very ho-hum about what would delay that conversation.

 “Get in here, you naughty girl,” he growled and I giggled and let him pull me into his apartment.   


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers celebrityj triangles