The breeze flipped my long brown hair off my shoulder. My long black leather coat wasn't nearly as good enough as it looked for this weather. I strolled the empty streets on Downtown Chicago once again. It was dark. About 2 AM. My caramel thighs, albeit smooth, were numb, barely being able to stroll the next step. My black leather boots made my presence known. They didn't wanna mess with me here. I was the baddest bitch Sal had. 

"Here comes Violet" I heard one of the girls say. I rolled my eyes in their direction as I walked over to Sal. 

"You called me?" He demanded me speak lowly and make direct contact whenever talking to him. 

"You have a client asking for you" He pointed to a black Range Rover. 

"Ooh I love Range's" I smiled.

"You know what to do" He said as he squeezed my ass cheek. 

"Always" I winked at him and began walking over to the car. I looked in both directions, double-checking if it was clear. Once I got to the car, the windows were tinted very black. I knocked on the window. No answer. I looked at Sal who signaled for me to try again. So I did. Nothing, again. I wasn't one to beg so I began to walk away when the door opened. 

"Sorry I was doing something" I looked at the man up and down. His shades being the reason I didn't recognize him. 

"It's $50. I don't kiss or do any weird shit" He laughed.

"I don't want to do anything with you" He said. I scoffed and began to walk away. 

"Violet. Wait" 

"How the hell do you know my name?" 

"I've seen you before. Plus my boy has you know..been a customer"

"A client. They don't buy us" 

"Right, right. But listen, I need a date for...for this party"

"And I'm your 'dream girl'? Get lost asshole"

"Violet please" He pleaded. Not in a begging way, just as if he was in a hurry.

"75 dollars" I said. 

"Done" I got into his truck and he pulled something out from the back. "I need you to change into this" He said. 

"Dude, I don't do dresses" I looked at the short red thing. It was...atrocious.

"I've got shoes to go with. You can change in the back of my truck"

"Let me out" I demanded. 

"Come on--"

"Let me out!" I yelled.

"200 dollars" He said. I looked outside the window to see Sal kissing one of the girls. I looked back at the man before heading to the back of the truck. 

"No looking" I said. He laughed as I stripped my clothes. Once I was in the outfit, I fixed my hair and added more lipstick. 

"Ready?" He asked. 

"Guess so" Once he opened the door for me, I remembered. "Wait" I stopped him. He looked up, eyebrows risen. "What's your name?"  He took off his shades and smiled.

"Trace" He said. "What's your real name?" 

I chuckled. "You're better off calling me Violet" He smiled. 

"Alright then. Let's go" I don't know what happened to me here. I suddenly felt, normal. From the way Trace held my hand. I felt like a regular girl just going out with her boyfriend. It was nice. 

We walked into some club called Touch. Everything was lit in awesome 70's light effects. It made me feel back in time somewhat. Trace led me to where his group was. It was a bunch of guys and slutty looking girls. Yes, I called them slutty. I saw a couple of lines on the table, and before I knew it they were gone and sniffed away. 

"Guys, this is Violet" Trace introduced me. They all said hello before the last guy.

"This is my best friend. Justin" He said. I knew I recognized him from somewhere. He was a client before. I looked around him, which made me wonder. Why did he need to pay when he had so many girls on top of him anyway. I sat uncomfortably by some girls who were making out for "Justin's" pleasure. He winked at me, trying to tell me to join in. I couldn't hear him over the loud music but I caught his drift.

"No" I mouthed. He smiled and came to sit by me. 

"You know I had a great time that night" He said in my ear.

"I'm not here for that right now Justin" I said with emphasis on his name. 

"I know, I know. You're here with Trace. How much is he paying you by the way?" Before I knew it my hand stung across his face. I don't know why I did it. I just, thought that this would be a chance to get away. I didn't think he'd mention it. I got up and walked away. 

"What the hell you doing Justin?" I heard Trace. 

"She's just a slut anyway. Leave her. Here take Lea" I saw Justin throw some blonde at Trace. I walked outside and pulled out a cigarette. I walked over to a bench and crossed my legs. It was colder than before. 

"You know, you shouldn't smoke" I heard from behind me. 

"No, I shouldn't have came here" I corrected him. "What's it to you anyway? You guys were sniffing coke back there" 

"No that's them. I don't do that" He sat down next to me. "I'll take you home" He offered.

"Just back to Sal" 

"No, Violet. Home" He insisted. I nodded and we headed for his car. When we pulled up in front of my building he looked at. "I'm sorry about Justin. He's not so bad. He just acts up sometimes"

"I bet" 

"Really" I nodded. 

"Thanks Trace"

"Anytime Violet" I began to walk out but stopped myself.

"Oh, shouldn't I change?"

"Naw. Keep em"

I walked up my steps into my apartment. "It's me Grandma" I reassured her. I went straight for the shower. Had to scrub off the person I was pretending to be.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story