"Abuelita I'm leaving" I yelled before closing the door behind me. It was time for me to head over to Sal's. He was probably pissed at me for never showing up again. He'll forgive me soon enough though.

 

"Oh look who finally decided to come back" He said sarcastically.

"Client was good. I couldn't just leave him" I said, only half-lying. 

"Yeah well you better not disappear like that again" He said. More seriousness in his voice. 

 

That night was long and boring. Barely made any money before 12:30 in the afternoon. Yeah people tend to stop by on their breaks from work believe it or not. Normally I like to be in by 4:00 AM but I always got home with at least $250 in my bra. Tonight...$75. You have got to be kidding me. I heard whistling but decided to ignore it before Sal called my name. 

 

"Violet! He wants you" He said. I rolled my eyes and strutted over to the car, bending down to see who was in it. Justin with a sick smirk on his face.

 

"Ugh" I stood back up and began to walk away. 

"Violet!" I ignored him. "Violet!" He called again.

"What the fuck do you want?" 

"Look, about last night. Trace told me about how I acted and I came here to apologize. And make it up to you"

"Nothing needs to be done. I already forgot about it. Now leave" I demanded.

"If you were over it, you wouldn't be ignoring me or asking me to leave. Come on let me at least buy you lunch" I stopped in my tracks and looked at him. Eyes squinted, the wind blowing dirty Chicago air through my hair. 

"No" I said.

"Violet. Please" I huffed under my breath and headed for Sal before walking back over to the car. 

"I'm leaving. I don't know if I'll be back later"

"But I have clients asking for.."

"Tell them to swing by tomorrow" I cut him off. I walked over to Justin.

"Well if you're gonna cry about it"  I slammed the door and he speeded off. We stopped at a small diner called "Jimmy's" where the waitress found us a table quick enough.

 

"I want to apologize again, for last night. That wasn't me. I swear" I nodded and somewhat accepted his apology.

 

Our food took a little long to get there. Watching Justin was...weird. After a while he began rubbing his arms. Constantly touching his nose. It was the cocaine. For some reason, watching him like this tugged at my heart. Wait, slow down. This is the same asshole that completely dissed you last night. You can't feel bad for him. 

 

"You didn't do any today?" I suddenly asked. My mouth forming words quicker than I could think to stop them.

 

Justin let out a gasping noise. Sort of like a nervous laugh. "What?"

 

I ran my thumb over my nose just so I wouldn't have to say it outloud. "Oh" He realized. "No" 

 

"How come?"

 

"How come you're asking so many questions?"

 

"I knew I shouldn't have came" I started to get up.

 

"No. Violet please. I'm sorry" He apologized. I sat back down and stared at him. His face was so interesting. Part of me was still pissed at him but the other part couldn't tear my eyes away from him. "I uh..didn't have time" He finally answered. I nodded my head. 

 

"I've never tried" I said. He looked up at me with such a look. His eyes reading my entire expression. Was I just asking him to let me try?

 

"Don't" He suggested. Suddenly all my fear of it went away. I smirked. 

 

"Why?" He let out another nervous laugh. 

 

"Let's just eat" And that we did. When we left, the Chicago groove really kicked in. It got freezing. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it. 

 

"Can I get a drag of that?" Justin asked. I passed it over and let him suck in the dirty smoke. "Tell me about yourself" He said. 

 

"What do you want to know?" 

 

"Why Violet? I mean that's not your real name is it?" I smiled at his wanting to know. He looked like a little boy. Nothing like the man with all the women around him, more pussy in his face than Snoop Dogg in one of his videos. 

 

"No. It's not" I answered simply. He blinked.

 

"Then what is it?"

 

"If I tell you, then I'd have to kill you" He laughed. "What about you? Why do you change when you're around people. You were right, last night wasn't you" I could tell my question got to him as he rubbed his chin. 

 

"I...I don't know" He stuttered. "Just the alcohol I guess" I nodded. "You have a boyfriend?" He asked. I couldn't help but laugh.

 

"Really? With what I do, you think any guy would want me? I'm used goods and I know it" Justin stopped me. 

 

"If I weren't a guy, I'd totally slap you right now" 

 

"Why?"

 

"Are you serious? You're beautiful...Violet" Why was he being so nice and defending me when I wasn't defending myself. 

 

"Thank you. But it's the truth"

 

"It isn't. I mean I wanted you. But you were busy so I had Chloe" He said. 

 

"Then how did you know my name?"

 

"I asked her about you. She could tell you were the one I really wanted and she got pissed and left" I must admit, I was rather shocked. He didn't even sleep with her. 

 

"I um...didn't know that. I mean, you really were a different person in my head" 

 

"Then maybe you shouldn't pretend like you know everything. Because you obviously don't" He said while pointing in my direction. "I mean look at the way you look at yourself. Just because you do what you do. I mean there must be a reason for it"

 

"There is" I admitted.

 

"Okay, see. What is it?" I looked up at him. Hesitant to tell him. 

 

"My grandma. She's sick with cancer and we needed money to pay for her treatment. I started on the streets when I knew her health care wouldn't pay for it" Justin nodded.

 

"See" Was all he said this time. 

 

"I'm cold, can we go somewhere?" I asked. He nodded and we went for his car. 

 

"Is my place okay?" I nodded. Why in the hell did I feel so comfortable with this guy after a freaking lunch. What the fuck. 

 

Once we got there, he told me to make myself at home. How could I? My house was nothing compared to this. His apartment was gorgeous and neat to a Tee. My place was nothing like this. 

 

"Wow, you uh...you've got yourself going pretty good here huh?" I commented as soon as I saw the perfectly white furniture.

 

"No, don't get it twisted. My parents are the ones with all the money. Not me" I sat down carefully. Justin turned on the TV and sat down next to me. After a while, his habit began kicking in again.

 

"Where is it?" I asked. 

 

"What?" He then realized what I meant. "What? No. No" He said sternly. I opened a few drawers and saw a bag. 

 

"How do I do this now?" I asked.

 

"Don't touch that" He snatched it from my grasp. I shrugged. "You wanna try it don't you?" 

 

"No. It's for you" He completely ignored my comment and cleared everything on his glass table. He made a couple of lines in front of him and me. 

 

"Wait" I stopped him. He looked at me. "My uh..my name is Sofia" He smiled.

 

"Now you just bend over and sniff, Sofia He said. I watched him do it and within seconds, the white powder was gone. I watched the way he played with his nose after, the high taking over. I could tell through his eyes. I bent over and did the same. The substance tickling and almost burning my nose. I did as he, playing with it after. When I felt the reaction. I...It was like nothing else I had ever felt. I could see why he needed it. And why I was gonna need it too. 

Chapter End Notes:
Please review! :]


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story