Author's Chapter Notes:
...drama builds

Los Angeles, CA – June 16, 2003 

“Ready for the last one, Mila?” a sweat-drenched Justin shouted as his assistant patted him dry with a towel. It was the end of the first LA show of his tour, and he was ready to party. 

“Yeah…mhmm, let’s do this,” she panted, her hand at her heart. Managing a small smile, she rushed past him and onto the stage for the encore. Justin’s brow furrowed, but he didn’t have time to ponder. The last of his nine dancers rushed past him. He took a swig of water before rushing to join them onstage. 

“LOS ANGELES! LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM!!!!” the Staples Center went crazy as he took his place center stage. Looking to his left, he caught her attention and she replied with a playful wink. But, something was off in her eyes. Her hand still lay across her chest, and he could see her breathing heavily. 

It’s the show he thought. They were only 2 weeks into the tour, so he was sure they were all still in the conditioning stage. 

“Just something about you…” he crooned. 

#### 

“Great show everyone! Good job! Let’s party!” excitement painted the backstage hallways as the dancers and musicians rushed through. Justin shook hands and laughed with random people, congratulating him on a good show. 

“Where’s Mila?” he asked Marty, his choreographer and dancer. Turning around to look for his friend through the small mass of people following him, he couldn’t see the full head of shining chocolate hair and fiery ember-hued eyes that usually greeted him coming off the stage. 

“I don’t know…” Marty replied, halting his steps. Both pushed up against the wall to allow the crowd to pass them. As the crowd cleared out, both men gasped before sprinting. 

“Mila! Mila!” they yelled, racing faster back down the hallway. Coming to a skidding halt, they tried to stand her straight. Her body was doubled over, her hand clutching at her chest and quiet squeaks escaping her lips. 

“Mila, babygirl, what’s wrong? Talk to me!” Justin frantically took her face in his hands and made her look at him. The fear in her eyes shook him to his core. Her mouth opened and closed, but no sound came out. It was like a fish gasping for water. 

“Shit, man, she can’t breathe!” Justin exclaimed. Marty rushed behind her to loosen her corset, unsuccessful, he pulled and tore the corset off. Mila gasped, eyes opened wide with Justin standing in front of her – waiting to see a reaction. 

“Help…” she gasped before her world went black, her body went limp, and she fell into Justin’s chest.

Chapter End Notes:
Review! Review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: dancer