Varrett. Why did that name sound so familiar to me? I swear I’ve heard it before. Hmm. Oh well. Regardless, she was cute. I guess I found her annoyed manner, very attractive. I’ve never had anyone stand up to me like that, even if I was intentionally wrong. In this case, though, I swear I didn’t see her. She blended in so well with her dark clothes and brown hair; not to mention I could see over her entire body. My nice gesture in hope of getting her number, though, didn’t work. She booked it out of there before I could ask.

I know, how could I want her number after she called me an asshole? Well, that’s just it. She has an independent streak and courage in her that I noticed right off the back. I admire it. It’s appealing. Not to mention, she denied breakfast with me. Not to sound cocky, but I don’t know many women that’d pass up breakfast with me. It’s obvious she doesn’t know who I am, or does know and just doesn’t care. Either way, I like it. I like that my status means nothing to her. I can be myself and nothing else, without her expecting me to throw her into the spotlight. As far as I can tell, this Varrett girl doesn’t like when the attention is on her, good or bad. I should’ve offered to walk with her. She looks so young, legal of course, but still quite young. I’ve never seen her anywhere near the café, so what made her decide to come in? I’ve been sneaking in here for the past two years and have never had a problem, until today.

Guess, I didn’t mind that problem…..

I don’t believe that I met her for no reason. I could’ve prevented our little spat, yet I didn’t. I was so taken aback by her remarks, I just went ahead. Once we were outside and I realized she didn’t know or care who “Justin Timberlake” was, I surrendered. The moment she didn’t back down once she saw my face, I was sure that she was someone I had to know.

I knew that “different” was beyond her definition.

Chapter End Notes:

Just something I wrote in my notebook earlier this week and I wanted to share.

Thanks for the feedback. :)


Completed
Nerdily Ingenious is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Chance Meeting also liked 369 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story