Author's Chapter Notes:

So just recently i had something like this happen and to get my feelings down on paper and let go of this incident i decided to turn it into a story, it's really rough probably has a few grammar issues, but it was a way to release some aggression towards this certain individual an write him out of my life. So i hope you enjoy. 

 

As always feedback is welcome!

I'm really considering giving him a copy, to see just how bad i felt. 

Just gonna stand there
And watch me burn
But that's alright
Because I like
The way it hurts
Just gonna stand there
And hear me cry
But that's alright
Because I love
The way you lie
I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie

Her eyes connected instantly to his as she climbed out of her friends tinted backseat, where she had been hiding for the last few minutes silently watching him chat up her friends. Plastering a sweet smile to her face she opened the door and slowly got out, all the while watching his face while recognition dawned. She linked her arms with her two friends and stared into his eyes that were the size of saucers. "Hi Justin, what's up"

Caught you didn't I she thought silently. Letting a smug smile creep across her features. Oh boy if only she had a camera, so she could remember the look on his face forever.

"Uh Hey Jess" he replied

She watched as his eyes sized them all up, an as his adam's apple bobbed in his throat as if he was having a hard time swallowing. She continued watch as the nervous smile took place of the shock and mentally patted herself on the back.

She usually wasn't the type to confront but he had struck something in her in the short time they had known each other, to want to be more out of her character and do things that she normally wouldn't do.

An now she was standing up for herself.

When her friend had texted her and told her he had been texting them asking if they would come chill, without her it had really stung.

It had not only stung it had gone straight to her self-esteem, and how she felt about herself.

She was tired of guys walking all over her and wanting only one thing, and when she didn't give them that because she actually had morals and her own beliefs it just caused something to snap.

Justin cleared his throat and motioned with his hands towards his apartment. "Shall we go in?"

When he got a nod of approval he walked ahead of them, or more like pranced ahead of them doing silly dance moves as if nothing was going on.

Rolling her eyes softly behind his back she looked to her right at her best friend and raised a single eyebrow in his direction.

"I don't know girl." her friend said softly.

"Come on in ladies."

As they slowly stepped into his immaculate apartment, as Jess looked around she didn't see the present she only saw the last time she was there, before all this went down when she was floating on cloud nine.

4 Days Earlier

After putting her daughter down for a nap she raced downstairs to get ready for the night, she was going to the hang out with the guy she was seeing for all of week. Drinks and a movie sounded like something she really needed after the week of work she had. After picking out the perfect outfit and doing her hair just the way he liked she applied minimal make up she looked in the mirror as she lightly dabbed on her perfume and smiled softly at her self tonight was going to be a good night.

Turning off the light she padded softly out of the bathroom and made her way upstairs to slip on her shoes. Grabbing her purse and keys off the table by the door she pranced out the door and headed towards her car. Sticking the key in the ignition she listened as her car purred to life and backed out of the driveway.

She made the drive to his place in record time all the while thinking of how sweet he was and how much she was impressed with the way he was. Thinking maybe after all the losers she had dated since her babies dad she had finally met someone worth her time.
Pulling into his apartment she shot him a quick text message letting him know she was there, she glanced quickly in the mirror making sure the wind hadn't messed up her make up.

Nodding to herself she climbed out of the car and walked swiftly towards his door, raising her small fist she knocked softly and plastered a smile to her face.

She could hear him on the other side undo the locks and turn the knob, butterflies took flight in her stomach as the door swung open and his handsome face peered through the crack. "Hey Justin."

"Hey Jess." He smiled sizing up her appearance. "Sorry I look a mess it's laundry day."

"Don't worry bout it, you look good in anything." she said shyly.

Shooting her his million dollar smile he motioned with his hand for her to come in.

"Here is the movie." she said handing it to him and stepping through the threshold. She had to admit his apartment was always clean and tidy and that was one thing she liked about him. A man that knew how to clean and take care of his things was something totally new to her, but she liked it.

"Would you like a drink?" he asked reaching into his freezer and pulling out a bottle of jack Daniels.

"No I'm good. I think I'll pass on the jack." she refused

"Are you sure? I have coconut rum"
"I guess." She conceded leaning back against the wall. She watched as he pulled out the bottle and quickly made them both a drink.

"So how was your day?"

"It was good." she replied softly

He raised an eyebrow at her then shook his head. "What did you do?"

"Went to the fair with my friend and our kids."

"How was that?" god it was like pulling teeth to get her to talk him.

"Fun." she replied not really knowing exactly what to say.

"What did you do?" he asked showing a little frustration with her lack of conversation.

"Walked around." she laughed nervously, why was it she was so nervous it was just Justin. Well not exactly she had the hots for the guy since he first came into her work over a year ago.

"Seriously?" he asked walking towards her with their drinks in hand. He handed hers to her then side stepped to set his down on the table. "Am I going to have pull teeth to get you to talk to me tonight?"

"No why would you say that?"

"Because again you're acting like I stole your puppy or something."

"Sorry. I just don't know what you want me to say. It was the fair, same as every year, rides, things to buy, same things."

"Okay that's better." he said shooting her a quick smile. Then opening the panel on the wall to reveal the his washer and dryer.

She watched as he started pulling out clothes and neatly folded them. "Again I'm sorry it's laundry day, I wasn't expecting anyone to come over."

"It's cool, we all got to have clean clothes." she wanted to smack herself she just couldn't take her eyes off of him. He was the most interesting creature she had met in a long time. So many flaws and quirks, that made him who he was.

She brought her drink to her lips and took a quick sip. "So how was work?"

"Same ole same ole, I about fell asleep driving the forklift. That was kind of interesting." he chuckled softly folding the last piece of clothing and setting it on the couch. "Hold on let me put these away. Why don't you sit on the couch and get comfortable."

Nodding her head she rounded the table and sank down on the plush couch, sighing happily. She loved his couch.

"So why don't you show me the pictures of your daughter." he said coming to sit down next to her.

"Alright." she said pulling out her phone she began scrolling through her folders. "Here just touch the screen to go forward." she handed over her phone and watched as he scrolled through the many pictures.

"God she's adorable." he smiled looking at over the phone. "Where'd she get the blonde hair?"

"Her dad was blonde when he was her age."

"Aw, and the blue eyes?"

"From my family, and his. My brother has blue eyes and so does my dad."

"Oh." he replied handing her back the phone and staring softly at her. "I have to say I love your eyes."

"Thanks. When I was a kid they were brown but just recently they went green."

"Yeah, well just the same I love them." he said putting his hand on her thigh.

Closing her eyes she relished in the feelings he caused in just the simplest of touches.

Present

God he had totally got her with that line and touch, she felt so stupid for falling for his charm. To only find out later what a real asshole he really was.

She watched as he talked to her friends totally ignoring her presence as if this was just an every day thing for him, having three girls over to his house. Well he was about find out what an attitude she really did have.

"So Justin what do you think of my girl?" her friend asked.

"Sarah is down as chick, I think she's hella cool."

"Not Sarah, I meant Jess." she said with a roll of her eyes.
"She's cool I mean I really don't know that well, we've hung out what 3 times now?" he asked looking to her for confirmation.

"Yeah something like that." She replied hotly.

He raised an eyebrow in her direction. Then shook his head and looked back toward Britney who had asked him the question.

"So what's wrong with her?"

"Nothing, I think she's cool."

"Okay."

"Cool, right." Jess said softly under her breath.

"Okay what's going on here I feel like I'm on the chopping block?"

"Nothing. Just hanging out. Why should there be something wrong?'

"No, I can just feel the tension coming from you." he said standing up to stand next to her.

Jess watched as he went to wrap his arms around her, standing back so he couldn't connect she shot him a fuck off look.

"Okay so really what's wrong?"

"Oh well gee. You text and call my friends to hang out behind my back. And then expect me to be all happy when I see you."

"I.... Uh..." he stuttered

"Yeah, You play with my emotions, tell me I'm beautiful an all this shit to only go behind my back and try to get with my friends. That doesn't fly well with me."

"I thought we agreed we were just friends."

"I got the friend part, and I'm cool with it. But friends don't go behind each others back and try to sleep with my friends. Nor do they not call the said friend and want to hang out with them."

"So this was an ambush?"

"Your damn right it was an ambush." Sarah replied before her friend could. "You don't mess with my friends. What did you think we weren't loyal? That we would knowingly hurt our friend."

"No. I just didn't see a problem in it." he shrugged as if he didn't care. But in reality he was taken back. For a girl who was shy and quiet she sure as hell had claws. "Look I hate confrontation and this is exactly what I wanted to avoid. You were reading way to much into me."

"Well gee, I wonder why. You kissed me at the club, then that night you gave me your jacket, then when we hung out the other night you were talking about how beautiful my eyes were and how much you loved them. I wonder where I got the idea that you might be into me, and not just want a BOOTY CALL!" She replied letting her eyes bore into his.

If looks could kill, he would a huge pile of ash on the floor, her eyes weren't only burning they were smoldering him. He felt about two inches tall, but knew he deserved every bit of the ribbing he was getting.

"Look I'm sorry I handled this way wrong, it's on me."

"Well damn skippy, at least you admit it."

"So now that we got this all aired out are we cool?"

"I guess."

"Good I would hate for you to leave on bad terms." he said with a sigh. "Can I have a hug?"

"Sure." she replied stepping into his outstretched arms. She couldn't believe she thought he was a cool guy. Gone was the feeling of happiness. And in it's place was satisfaction that she had finally stood up for herself. "You really need to learn how to treat a girl, and not play games with them."

An with that she pushed his arms away motioned towards the door to her friends glanced once more at his shocked face shot him a smug smile and walked out the door. "I told you Justin, don't fuck with me. I really love the way you lie."

Just gonna stand there
And watch me burn
But that's alright
Because I like
The way it hurts
Just gonna stand there
And hear me cry
But that's alright
Because I love
The way you lie
I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie

Chapter End Notes:

Song Credits

Love The Way You Lie By Eminem FT Rhianna 


Completed
Ambs07 is the author of 11 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story