Story Notes:
For Mayra (aka jersey_tenn). Happy birthday!!

She tapped her fingers against the base of the laptop that was sitting on her lap, waiting for the person on the other end to pick up. Her eyes scanned the computer before her, humming along to the pop-oriented song that was coming out of her computer.

Finally someone picked up on the other end and before the person could speak she let them have it. “Dude, it’s about time you pick up! I was about to think you were dead or something, I mean I called you, like, two times! Are you avoiding me or what?”

“Hey, you do realize that I’m busy, right? My life can’t revolve around you,” the person on the other end replied.

“Whatever, bitch, you know I work harder than you. I had three exams today. Three! I swear, college should be a new torture device,” she groaned, scratching her forehead.

“You wanna hear torture. Mr. I-Don’t-Have-a-Girlfriend-So-I’m-Going-To-Make-The-Rest-Of-You-Suffer is torture. He whines and groans all the damn time. I want to punch him in the teeth but then we’d kinda be screwed.”

“Too bad we can’t set him up.” Silence was on the other end. “Oh no, I smell rubber burning. Spill the deets, man. What’s going on in that head?”

“We’re going to be in Atlanta in the next…two days.”

“So?” She lifted an eyebrow, not seeing the point he was making.

“Isn’t that where you are now?” He asked.

“Not for long. Four more days and I’m done with my freshman year, thank God,” she replied.

“Wouldn’t you want a way to celebrate finishing your first year?” He asked, growing even more mysterious by the second.

“Sure,” she shrugged. “I need to blow off some steam.”

“Good. Have a girl’s night out. At a club. With a few of your single friends,” he said, putting emphasis on a few words.

It clicked. “Can you get time off?”

“I’ll make sure we do.”

“Good, I know the perfect girl to bring.”

“Is she a fan?” He asked.

She hesitated but answered. “Yes, but not one of those crazy fourteen-year-old ones that cry and want your babies. She’s great, believe me.”

“I believe you. It’s about time she finds out too. How long have you kept this secret, four years?”

“Yup, which made me realize that she’ll be fine once she finds out. See you in two days.”

“See you, partner-in-crime.”

Chapter End Notes:
Review, review, review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story