She walked over to him and caressed his face with her hand. Justin wasn’t sure how he felt about her touching him that way…but this was Elisha, and figured…it was more of a sisterly touch than anything else. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it a little. “I get moody sometimes,” he confessed. “And when I do…just tell me to shut up okay? I don’t want to make you upset…not with that baby inside of you.”

“The moodiness I’m used to,” she chuckled. “It’s everything else that gets to me.”

“I’ll try harder,” he promised her. “Just…no more drugs okay?”

She nodded. “I’m sorry for acting like I…don’t care about this baby. I do care…it‘s just sometimes…I think about Trace and how much he would have loved to raise this child. It almost makes me wish it would die….so it could be with him.”

“Don’t think that way,” he said softly. “I know this baby is gonna be a good thing for everybody. Maybe it will even…help you and I move past Trace…you know, since we’ll both have to focus most of our attention on midnight feedings and diaper changes,” he smiled a little.

“Ugh,” she laughed. “Gross.”

“Wanna see what’s on HBO?” he offered, wanting to keep the mood relaxed.

Elisha smiled. “Definently.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justinandtrace