A month later (July 2nd, 2002)

Beyonce was two months pregnant, and her appetite came back. Her and Justin hadn't seen one another in a whole month. So yep, it was officially over between them.

Kelly, Michelle and Beyonce all sat in the limo on their way to the awards. They were scheduled to perform, including Justin. So she knew tonight was going to be a night.

"You guys going to the after party?" Kelly asked.

"Uh, I dunno. I think I'm gonna head out there after I see Shaun." Michelle replied. Beyonce on the other hand was too busy thinking about a few things. Like Justin and her baby. And how were things going to end after she had the baby. She was really starting to get all worked up over that.

"Bee?" she looked away to gaze at Kelly. "You all right?"

"Um, yeah." she smiled slyly. "Why?" she shrugged her shoulders.

"I dunno. You look lost." that's exactly how she felt. LOST.

Finally, they had made it to the awards show. The three stepped out of the limousine and ambled down the red carpet.

BEEYOONNCCEEEEE!!! KELLYYYYYY!!! the fans screamed excitedly.

"There she is! Beyonce!" a reporter rushed towards her. "Miss Knowles, I have a question for you. How do you feel about Justin's infidelity?" she turned to face the woman. "Were you disappointed when you found out he cheated on you with Miss Diaz? I know you must've been crushed." she forced a smile upon her lips.

"Justin's a very sweet guy. He would never cheat."

"But I saw the pictures. They were kissing. What do you have to say about that?" she wanted to bitch slap this woman, but she knew she had to hold back her feelings and pretend like nothing was going on.

"Actually, we agreed to see other people." she lied, knowing these people didn't deserve the truth. "I'm cool with it. Just like I said, he's a very sweet guy." with that, she turned and entered the building.

"Thank you!" she overheard the woman yell.

"What a bitch. How dare she put you on the spot like that?" Kelly complained.

"I'm so fed up with this." they all took their seats.
__________

After a while...

The three women of Destiny's Child were backstage preparing for their performance. "You okay, girl?" Kelly asked Beyonce.

"Yeah."

"You sure you gonna be okay out there?" she planted a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Thank God for you." she chuckled softly.

"Well let's go do this thing." they stood in their positions seconds before they opened the curtain. Finally music began to play as the curtains slowly slid open. The audience exploded as they watched the three perform.

"I'm a survivor! I'm gonna make it! I will survive and keep on surviving'!" they all song. A smirk slowly formed across Justin's lips when he focused in on the beautiful creature.

"If you leave herrr I'll leave himmm. We'll pack our bags, don't say a word. Let's go far away, to another place. Let's hide away! Oh just you and meee."

Minutes later

After performing, Beyonce actually felt a little better. She followed Kelly and Michelle backstage. "Whew. That was great." she fanned herself.

"Tell me about it." a male voice spoke. She leisurely looked away to gaze at Justin. He stood by the entrance gazing at her. What the heck could he possibly want? "You were great out there." he spoke ambling towards her.

"Hmm. I'm surprised you noticed." she walked pass him, instantly feeling a hand grasp her arm.

"Don't walk away." she gradually turned to face him.

"It's funny how you're telling me not to walk away when that's EXACTLY what you did to me." she rested her hand on her hip in attitude.

"I did not walk away from you. You walked away from me. Remember?" she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever."

"Come here." he pulled her closer. "Don't be mad at me." she looked away, crossing her arms over her chest. "And don't look at me like that."

"I can look any way I wanna look. And you or nobody else in here can stop me." he smirked at her.

"You sure about that?" she finally met eye contact with his. "Listen, I was wondering if we can get together one day and talk about our plans. You know, for the baby."

"Um..." she thought hard about it. "Well I already KNOW the baby is going to be staying with me." she spoke surely. "And..."

"Aiight, so the baby will come visit me then, right?" she peered in his eyes. "And when is this going to be? Weekends or..."

"You know, I think it'll be better if we discuss this AFTER I have the baby." she brushed pass him. "It was nice seeing you again." he watched her exit the room.

The after party (10:23 p.m.)

Beyonce, Kelly and Michelle entered the club, instantly being blown away by loud music. "These are for you." a greeter handed them a glow in the dark stick. "Enjoy!"

"Thank you." Kelly thanked as they proceeded further in the dimmed room.

I wanna get...
You wanna get...
Let's go and get down and dirty
Baby play the game
Play my way
Either way
It's all the same baby

Keyshia Cole's, "Down and dirty" blasted through the clubs speakers. There were people dancing on the floor, sitting at tables and just enjoying themselves.

"I'm gonna go get a drink. I'll see you girls around." Beyonce ambled towards the bar. After everything she'd been through that night, she needed a drink to relax her nerves. She sat at the bar, waiting patiently for some assistance. Finally, a tender greeted her.

"Hello beautiful. What can I get you?"

"I'll take a Bacardi. Less ice please." he nodded.

"Sure." she looked over her shoulder to gaze at the people who were dancing on the floor.

...get down and dirty

"Hey." a voice spoke in her ear.

"Here you go." the tender sat the drink in front of her.

"Thank you." she took a sip of the strong substance. "What do you want, Justin?" he took a seat beside her.

"I just wanna talk to you. Is that a crime?" she gawked to the side to peer in his eyes. "I was looking everywhere for you. I wanted to finish our little conversation." she rolled her eyes.

"We did. I told you after I have the baby." she mentioned.

"There you are." a woman wrapped her arms around him. "Haha why did you run off so fast?" she shook her head pathetically.

"Boy I tell ya'." she mumbled.

"Um..." he hesitated. "Beyonce you know Alyssa. We um, met a few weeks ago."

"Yeah. I know her." she spoke, keeping her eyes on her surroundings. "Well listen, it was nice meeting you...Alyssa. I hope you two really hit it off." she arose from her seat.

"Beyonce, wait..." she walked off, leaving him there.

"I'm outta here." she made her way towards the exit.

"Excuse me?" she rolled her eyes.

"What?" she asked, turning to face the individual. To her surprise, it was someone she wasn't expecting. "Usher? Oh, haha. I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else."

"I get that a lot. Um, I was wondering if you wanted to dance?"

"Well..." she thought about it. Why not? At least this would probably make Justin feel bad for what he did. "Sure. Why not?" she held his hand as he led her out on the dance floor.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story