{Chloe}

The insistent tapping of his pencil is bothering me, but I'm not going to say anything. I'm not particularly in the mood to start another fight with him, and I know that if I open up my mouth, that is what will inevitably happen.

You know those stupid love-hate relationships? The ones where one minute you love a person, and the next you absolutely hate them? Yeah, well…that is definitely what he and I share.

Only the love part is non-existent.

You see, Justin Timberlake is the type of man, and I use that word loosely, that never fails in tempting me away from the male population all together. He's that all around cocky, arrogant, asshole type of guy; I can't stand him…and he can't stand me. It's a mutual thing.

As he continues to beat that dammed pencil against his textbook, I decide that perhaps I'm going to have to say something to him after all. What the hell, anyway? I could really care less if I piss him off right now—it won't be the first time—and most likely not the last.

More than aggravated, I finally look up from my laptop to glare at him. "Would you stop?"

Two heads turn in my direction, his being the one that, in my opinion, most likely lacks a brain. "No. You can leave though," he answers, smugly. Typical answer from your typical idiot.

"Would you just stop with the damn tapping?" I ask again. "Unlike some people, I actually want to learn something while studying."

He rolls his eyes at me. Jerk. "Right. The only thing you were studying was me, baby doll, and sorry to break it you—but no—I'm way out of your league."

I bite the inside of my cheek, which is my best attempt as to not retort to that moronic, conceited remark. It doesn't work. "Justin, if you were the last person on this planet, I still wouldn’t want anything to do with your cocky ass. So I'm gonna say this one more time…shut the hell up so I can study!"

"Why don't you…"

"For the love of God, both of you shut the fuck up!"

My glance finally lands on Chris, surprised by his loud outburst. I sort of feel sorry for the guy, always having to be the mediator between our bickering. On more than one occasion he's pleaded with me, and accordingly Justin, to at least try to be civil towards each other.

Fat chance that will ever happen.

I don't tell him that though, because I love the guy. He's my best friend; he's a savior. I don’t know where I'd be without him, without his advice and his encouragement. I wouldn't even have a place to live if it weren't for him. And I appreciate that he's taken me in, so much more than anyone could possibly imagine. I just wish Justin didn't have to be his other roommate, his 'other' best buddy. God only knows what he sees in him to actually want him as a friend.

"I'm going to the library," I finally relent, making sure I create a lot of noise as I hastily shove things inside of my bag. Justin is still tapping his pencil, and he gives a condescending smile in my direction in response to my announcement.

Bastard.


***


I hear loud gigging and the squeaking of a bed as I lay in my own. It's coming from his room. I flip so that I am lying on my side, and I inwardly roll my eyes at the continuous noises.

He is such a man-whore. I swear he's probably fucked half of our entire University by now. At present, the giggles have stopped, and they are instead replaced by obnoxious hums and moans. It was of course just my luck that the only room available was the one next to his, right?

Throwing the covers off of my body, I get up and search around my dim room. I'm looking for something—anything that will make an impacting noise on the wall—so that I can throw it against it and tell Justin and his current flavor of the day to kick their little love fest down a fucking notch.

Damn it. All I can find that won't cause major damage to anything is a pile of magazines. That won't even cover his tramp's loud giggling, let alone her moaning and groaning.

That's it. I am not listening to this all night. I have to get up and go to work in just a few short hours. I need sleep.

As I open up my bedroom door, I head straight for his and begin to pound my knuckles against it. I can hear rustling and then Justin mumbling various profanities, as the sound of his footsteps grows nearer. Finally, he pops his head out, his cold eyes landing on my own. "What the fuck are you knocking on my door for?"

I cross my hands over my chest and narrow my eyes on him. "I can't sleep, because you and your little…" I pause, I don't want to insult the girl I guess. After all, I don't know her. "Listen, can you please keep it down? I'm trying to sleep."

He growls at me and carelessly nods his head. "Fine. Don't interrupt me again."

And with that, he slams his door shut in my face. Did I mention to you that I hated him?


***

{Justin}

"Hey man, the food here yet?"

I let my friend inside the apartment and nod my head. "Yeah, it just came."

He follows me into the kitchen, and I reach into the fridge for two drinks before joining him at the table. He's already biting into a slice of pepperoni and cheese pizza as I grab for my own.

As I take a huge bite, Trace looks at me and grins slyly. "I heard about you and Elise. Please tell me how you got into that girl's pants! She's fine and rich."

I click my tongue and grin at him. "It's all in the charm, my man. All in the charm." Just as I finish speaking, I notice we have another body joining us in the kitchen, and I discreetly watch her move. She's got on a pair of pajama shorts, and my eyes idly roam up and down her tanned legs to her ass…

"Hey Chloe," Trace greets her, interrupting my thoughts.

She gives him a half-smile and continues towards the fridge. "Hi Trace."

"Hi Justin," I mumble, causing him to snicker and her to give me that all-too-familiar glare of hers. "See something you like?" I taunt. If she's gonna look, I'm gonna talk.

"Nope. Just an ass."

Trace shakes his head and interrupts before we can even start going at it again. "Are you hungry babe? We got lots of pizza over here."

I watch as Chloe sighs, taking a sip from the cup of water she's retrieved for herself by now. "No thanks. I'm trying to watch what I eat."

Oh…oh. I know this will piss her off bad. And to be honest, even though I do hate the girl, I can't deny that she's got a pretty cute body on her. Though I usually like them bigger in the chest. Oh well, I'm still going to say it anyways. "Yeah—you could probably afford to lose a few pounds here and there."

Her normally just 'I hate you' glare turns into one of death. She gives me the finger and strides out of the room, mumbling her goodbyes to Trace. He gives me a look once she's gone. "That was cold. You know how women are about that shit."

I shrug. "Whatever, she's a bitch. Last night, she interrupted me and Elise. I was pissed."

"Maybe she wants you."

"Probably," I reply, smugly. "Too bad for her, though."

Trace chews on another bite of his pizza before sarcastically rolling his eyes at me. "Come on, J. I was kidding. You don't actually think that girl wants you? She may be one of the few, but she definitely hates you, buddy."

"Whatever. If wanted her, I could have her," I answer, taking a large swig of my Coke and then finishing off my thought. "But I don't."

"So you're telling me you don't even think she's the slightest bit hot?"

"Nope."

Giving me a 'get real' look, he replies, "I don't know about you then, but I'd do her. And I still don't think you could get her."

I grab for another slice and set it down before looking at him in annoyance. "Does it really matter? I don't want her, she's a complete bitch to me, and she's way too much of a prude for my liking."

"But you said you could get her," he repeats.

I raise my eyebrows. I'm starting to think I'm getting challenged here, but maybe I'm wrong. "What are you getting at? Wanting to make a bet with me, T? I'd be careful with that..."

He gives me a confident grin in response. "So what if I am?"

"What are the terms?" I ask, a little interested. I'm the type to always take on a challenge—and succeed at it.

"You gotta get her to sleep with you."

I retort with a scoff. "Too easy."

"Not so fast—I'm not done yet. You also gotta get her to like you—no, love you—I’m talking the eating-out-of-the-palm-of-your-hands type shit. And you gotta have valid proof."

My eyes narrow on him. Now that part—maybe not so easy. After all, I gotta be honest with myself here. She really does hate me. "What kind of proof?" I wonder, skeptically.

"I don't know. All that cheesy shit girls like to do—a love letter, something. I'll be able to tell by the way she acts."

I contemplate that for a moment and then mention my holdup. "You're forgetting one thing. What's in it for me?" I ask. I'm almost convinced here, and this will probably do me in if it's good enough.

"Damn, J!" he exclaims. "If you make it, you'll already have gotten into her panties…what more can you want?" He pauses when I don't answer him and then adds onto his reply. "Think about it. She's the one girl you can't have. She despises you—she's your impossible—if you get her, then damn, I will give you your props. But I don't think you will," he finishes off, challenging me with a smirk.

I think about that for a second and then shrug my shoulders at him. What do I want? Nothing, really. He's right. The satisfaction will probably be good enough for me anyways. She is a challenge; I just never thought of her that way until now. She's a game to be won. And I'm just the player to do that.

I lick my lips and accept his proposal with a crooked smile. "Alright. It's a bet."

As I reach my hand out to shake on it, he quickly stops me. "Wait a second. There has to be a time limit on this. You don't get forever."

"How long?"

"Hmm—well, since she hates you—I'll be generous. Four months from today?"

I nod, but I'm starting to feel a little nervous about this for some reason. Shit. Four months can go by fast. "Six," I suddenly supply.

"Five."

"Six or no deal."


***


Elise is kissing and sucking on my neck, but I'm not even concentrating on her. All I can think about is the bet I made earlier today. I mean, how am I going to pull this off exactly?

Chloe left while Trace was still over, so I didn't even get a chance to start working some sort of charms on her yet. I guess I'll have to start on that shit soon, though. I only have six months, and I'm a busy guy. It's not like I'm going to be able to spend every second of my time on this 'project'.

I'm in college; I've got grades to maintain. And damn it, I'm not giving up on my other girls, either. I'll just have to start going to their places instead so that Chloe doesn't know about it.

"Justin," Elise whines, suddenly pulling away from me. "What's wrong with you?"

I look up at her and sigh. "Sorry baby, I was just thinkin' is all."

"About what?" she asks, going back to my neck. "Why are you thinking at a time like this? You should have at least taken something off of me by now!"

My eyes roll back at her seductive whisper. Damn. I guess the bet will just have to wait until tomorrow.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story