{Chloe}

"God, I love this place," Elise says, her eyes scoping out the basketball court full of men.

Don't ask me why I allowed her to drag me along on this little escapade of hers, because I really don't have a good excuse as to why I'm here right now. I do have to admit; the scenery ahead isn't quite so hard on the eyes, not hard at all in fact.

So really, this isn't at all as bad as I had originally thought it was going to be. I don't recognize much of the guys out on the court, but fuck if half of them don't have the most perfect, gorgeous bodies--and best of all, these gorgeous, perfect bodies are all free of charge to stare at. (And no, I don't usually take pride in sitting on a bench like a hooched-out groupie, drooling over boys playing sports, but hey--there's always one time for everything, right?)

"I could sit here all day and not get bored," Lisa, one of Elise's friends, comments next. "The guy with the ball right now--he's fine."

I look at the guy Lisa is talking about and nod my head in agreement. "Yeah, he really is."

"Oh, Jesus," Elise suddenly exclaims, causing my eyes to break away from the unknown-hottie. "Look who just got here. Eww--what an asshole! I forgot I met him here..."

I scan the court, wondering what the hell she's ranting about. And then I know. It’s him. As soon as I see him, my stomach immediately launches into a pathetic set of butterflies. I quickly turn my gaze back to Elise. "What if he sees us together?" I ask her, worriedly.

"Well, we can't just get up and go," she replies, calmly. "That'll be way obvious. You'll just have to tell him we're friends if he says anything."

I nod my head. "Yeah, I guess you're right..."

"Chloe, do you know what Darnell is like?" Lisa asks, not much interested in mine and Elise’s issues. "Does he come over to your house a lot? And if so, can I move in with you?"

I giggle and shrug my shoulders at her, "Well, I don't know him really well or anything, but he's always been really nice to me. I wouldn’t know how often he's at our place either, because I'm at work and stuff half the time. But yeah, him and Trace are usually around now and again."

"Remind me to stop by sometime then."

"I will.”

"Isn't it weird living with all guys?" she asks, next. "Aren't they dirty and stuff?"

"Well, I never really did get along with girls much anyway--so um--"

I stop my sentence short, as I feel a sudden urge to look up. I soon realize why, as my surprised eyes meet with Justin's from across the court. He's watching me with a bewildered expression on his face. Not knowing what to do, wondering what's he thinking about, I just give him a tiny smile and then wave at him. As quickly as the bewildered look appeared on his face, it quickly disappears, and is instead replaced with a confident smirk. Then, much to my utter humiliation, he flirtatiously winks and blows a kiss in my direction before turning back to his buddies as if our little exchange had never happened.

God, I really hope no one saw that. I bet I am blushing right now, too. How pathetic am I? I'm so, so pathetic. I need to stop. Really...

"Aww."

Fuck. I knew it. Someone did see. And lucky me, that someone is sitting right next to me.

Lisa nudges me with her shoulder, a grin on her face. "How adorable was that? He blew you a kiss! I knew you two lived together, but I didn't know you were together..."

"Oh, we aren't..."

"They aren't together," Elise finishes, blandly. Then, she adds excitedly, "Wow, Chloe, you seriously need to thank me for forcing you to wear a skirt today! That guy with the red t-shirt is totally checking you out over there. He keeps looking in your direction. I'm jealous."

"Oh, whatever...he is not. He's probably looking at you, and you just..."

"Oh my god, he wants you to come over there, Chlo! Look, look, look!"

Reluctantly, I scan the court again, ready to roll my eyes as I prove her completely wrong. Only I don't ever get around to the whole rolling my eyes part because Elise is, in fact, not exaggerating for once in her life. There seriously is a guy in a red t-shirt, looking in my direction, holding his hand up and beckoning me to come over to him. Hastily bringing my eyes away from the strange man, I nervously say to the girls, "Oh shit, you guys. We have to leave before he comes over here!"

"Oh hell no, we're going over there!" Elise argues, eagerly. She begins to stand up, tugging on my arm and nodding at Lisa to come along. "C'mon, girls. This will be fun, and then maybe he'll ask you out on a date or something, and then you'll have wild, hot sex, and then..."

"But what about the deal?" I whine, interrupting her at once.

Fuck, I wonder what Justin would think if he noticed me talk to him. He's playing ball with his friends right now though, and I'm sure he doesn't pay that much attention to me anyways, so I doubt he will. But still. Would he be mad? Probably not...

"Chloe, the deal has nothing to do with you getting laid by this beautiful man, who we are almost, nearly, about to be standing right in front of.....” she mumbles, just before we meet face-to-face with red t-shirt guy. “Hi there, I'm Elise...and these are my friend’s…Lisa and Chloe," she introduces, happily sticking her hand out to shake his own.

"Such petty names for such pretty girls," he comments, sweetly. "And I'm Alex, by the way."

I give him a nervous smile, shaking the hand that he has now outstretched towards me, as he reveals his name. He has a cute smile....oh God, what does that even matter right now? I feel so ridiculous, standing here in front of him on the sidelines of the court, with no idea whatsoever as to what I should say next. Elise's hand suddenly nudges me forward a little, and I scathingly look over my shoulder to give her a dirty glare for doing so.

Red t-shirt guy chuckles at this, tilting his head to the side, as I turn back around and smile at him again. Finally, he clears his throat and begins to talk in a low tone, "So um, listen--I know you probably get this a lot, but I've been watching you since you got here with your friends, and you're just so damn intriguing, that I had to ask you if you'd think about giving me a call sometime."

I'm pretty much speechless, as he reaches over and opens up my hand, slipping a small piece of paper inside. He closes my fingers around it, smiling shyly. "So yeah....I’d love to hear from you sometime."

Well, first of all, no, I really don't get that a lot. I guess I'll just keep that to myself though. I mean, no need to let him know this little bit, right? Right.

"Okay, sure, I guess," I reply, giving him a polite smile and nod of my head. There's an awkward pause of silence that follows for a few seconds, before finally, "Well...thank you for...you know, asking..." I add, finishing off our conversation rather lamely, if I do say so myself.

Not even a moment later, and I am hurriedly turning around, quite ready to leave the oh-so-wonderful basketball court of beautiful men. As I drag a giggling Elise and Lisa towards the exit, I wonder to myself how in the hell they got me to go down and talk to that guy in the first place.



****



{Justin}

"Did you call him?" I ask, as I burst inside her bedroom door, crossing my arms over my chest and staring her down.

Chloe looks up from her book, rolling her eyes at my arrival. "Ever heard of knocking, Justin?" she asks me, sardonically.

"Yeah, but did you call him?" I repeat once more. I can't believe this. I seriously wanted to shoot that guy when I saw him hitting on her. Sure, I vaguely know who he is, and sure, we've balled it up a few times in the past, and sure I never had a problem with him before---but no. I don't care. I don't like the fucker anymore. Nope, no more Mr. Nice Guy--especially not when he's going to go and just fucking hit on my girl right in front of my face and shit.

"Chloe," I whine, walking towards her bed and taking a seat. She has now gone back to reading her book and is purposely ignoring me, but I'm not gonna let her get off that easily. "You called him, didn't you?"

She glances up from her book and rolls her eyes at me. "I don't know, Justin. What if I did call him? Then what?"

"So you did call him!" I exclaim, disgustedly. "God, I knew it."

Tell me why I feel like hurling? I wonder what they talked about. Probably something stupid...or probably…they had phone-sex together. Oh shit, I hope not…

"Justin, just use your brain here for a minute, okay? I just met the damn guy less than two hours ago. You don't actually think I rushed home and called him, do you?"

"Maybe," I reply, indignantly, pouting my lip out at her.

Chloe laughs, shaking her head at me. (As if she thinks I'm ridiculous or something. Grr--she should feel sorry for me.)

"Oh god, you're jealous, aren't you?" she states, matter-of-factly.

My jaw tightens, as I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from screaming 'yes, of course I am' to her face. Suddenly, I notice something out of the corner of my eye, and it immediately gives me an idea. Without another thought as to whether or not this is a good plan, I grab for her cell phone and flip it open. Stubbornly, I say, "Here, call him now then. I'll dial his number for you. Then you can stop calling me jealous."

Chloe scoffs at me. "You're ridiculous! I'm not calling him right now," she says.

"No, seriously, Chloe," I insist, nodding my head at her. "Just tell me the damn number, and then I'll hand it to you so you can talk to him. You should seriously call him."

Yeah-fucking-right she should call that bastard. Of course, I'm just saying all of this to prove a point. And of course, she won't actually agree to call him, right? I mean, she's not gonna call that asshole. Why would she want to?

"So?" I finally prod, expectantly watching her face. "The number?"

"Fine! If you want me to call him that bad, then I will," Chloe snaps, annoyed. She gives me a dirty look, that one she gives me when I've pissed her off or gotten onto her bad side. Reaching into her pocket, she pulls out the crumpled piece of paper he apparently wrote his number on. Did I mention he was a bastard?

I wince as she begins to read off his digits, disappointed that she's actually gonna go through with this and call him. What a jerk. I bet he just wants to fuck her and use her, anyways. And before you get on my ass, things are different now. Sure, I still wanna fuck Chloe, but she's my friend now, too. So hey--I'm at least a little better than this other stupid fuck, alright?

Reluctantly handing the phone over to her, I scoot close enough so I can hear what's going on. What the hell is taking so long for him to answer? After three, long, torturous rings, I just can't take it anymore, so I quickly grab for the phone and pull it away from her ear. I close it shut and toss it to the side of her bed before I lean over and wrap my arms around her from the side. "Okay okay okay--I'm jealous! Fuck! Please don't do it cupcake, please don't call him!" I plead dramatically, not realizing till after the words leave my mouth, just how pathetic they really sound.

Chloe giggles and pushes my head away from her shoulder. "Alright, geez! I won't call him. Just calm yourself down, Buster."

"Really?" I perk up.

"Yes, really."

Ha!

Too bad for him...he's not gonna get to hear from her.

Oh well though.

My mission is accomplished and I'm happy again. All thoughts of what's-his-face quickly leave my mind, as I lean down and give her an appreciative kiss on the cheek, "Thank you. You're the best, cupcake."

"That's the second time you've called me that today."

I grin at the observation. "I know, it's your new nickname," I explain to her, proudly. "You said Cruella was too mean, so cupcake is as nice as it gets baby."

"Eh," Chloe immediately pulls a face of distaste. "Cupcake is kinda of--sexist--don't ya think?"

I give her the same 'eww' face she just gave me, as I throw my hands up in the air. "Women! You can never please them, I swear. First I'm too mean, then I'm actually being nice for once, and I get called a sexist. Fine! You pick one or the other, or make your own, cause I'm not gonna try to...”

"Oh Jesus Justin! Have a heart attack over it, why don't you?" she exclaims, interrupting my small rant. "Fine. I guess I do like cupcake a little better than freakin' dumb Cruella--even if cupcake is sexist," she adds, pointedly.

I sigh, falling back onto her bed and staring up at the ceiling with resignation. She's the most argumentative, feisty woman I know, that's for damn well sure. "Okay kay, whatever you say cupcake, whatever you say..."



****



{Justin}

Twenty minutes later, and I'm still lying on her bed and 'bugging' her, as she is 'trying to read with my loud, obnoxious ass in her way.' At least that's how she likes to describe the situation anyhow. We all know she really likes flirting with me though, and she just loves that I'm in here with her--she just can't admit it out loud. It's okay though, because even though she's ignoring me every now and then for her book, just being close to her while she does her thing sort of intrigues me. And besides, it's better than being all alone in the living room, right?

Of course.

In my boredom, I suddenly notice the device that I earlier discarded onto her bed, as well as a slip of paper that needs to be trashed lying right next to it. I slowly reach for both items, hastily tucking away the fucker’s number into my jean pocket, hoping she doesn't notice or look up from her reading while I'm doing so. I mean, it wouldn’t really be my fault if I just accidentally deleted him out of her call history, and then just accidentally lost the slip of paper with his number on it as well, now would it?

Honestly, accidents happen sometimes, so what can ya do?

So anyways...now that I've got her cell phone back in my possession again, I begin to do some browsing. I start by sifting through all the phone numbers in her cell phone. It doesn't take long before I'm asking questions. "Who's James?" I wonder, looking up at her curiously. "And why aren't I in your phone book?" I add, wounded.

She stops reading and glances at me while I continue to lie on my back, holding her phone in front of my face. "Um...he's a friend from home. And I don't know...I just haven't saved your number?"

"Well, why not?" I persistently whine.

"Justin, it's not like I have trouble getting ahold of you if need be. We do live together, in case you've forgotten," she explains, sarcastically. "And you're in my call history anyways."

I don't much notice her answering me though, because I'm already being nosy some more, this time looking through her text messages. Once again, it doesn't take long before I'm asking a question. "Hey....what the hell is this?" I demand, accusingly. "What loser wrote: 'hey beautiful. just thinking about you and wanted to say hi. can't wait till you get off work. see you later'..."

"Um, you did, I think?"

My eyes finally scan the number that sent the message, as I let out an embarrassed chuckle, noticing that it indeed was me who sent that text. "Oh....right."

Chloe looks up from her book again, shakes her head, and then laughs at me. "You're such an idiot, Justin."

"Well, I sent that like a week ago," I defend. "And besides, you didn't even save my number, so I didn't recognize it right away," I add, bitterly.

"Yeah, yeah...are you done messing around with my phone yet?" she asks.

"No," I grin. "I'm saving my number first and then downloading a special ringtone for when I call you."

"Oh Lord. Why?" she immediately complains. "I don't give people special ringtones. And you don't see me going through your cell phone, now do you?"

"Here," I say, pulling it out of my pocket and tossing it towards her side of the bed. "Go ahead then."

I watch out of the corner of my eye as Chloe gives me a look that says 'get real' while she stares down at my phone. Finally, she decides to pick it up and look anyways. Yeah, that's what I thought...

"Well then, I'll just go ahead and download a song for you too," she mutters, flipping my phone open.

A few minutes later, I'm scanning through artist and song titles to download when she interrupts my thoughts and squeals, "Ugh, Justin!"

"What?"

"You have a picture of some hoe's tits in your phone?!"

My face flushes. Shit. She was looking at the pictures I have on my phone. I forgot about--err--that one. "Umm...Trace took it, I swear!" I immediately say, first explanation coming to head, mind you. "I don't even know the girl...she just flashed us and..."

"Please," Chloe quickly holds up her hand to stop me from going on. "I don't even wanna know."

"I thought you were downloading a song for me," I change the subject, furrowing my brow at the screen on her phone.

Hmm.....what song to chose?

"Aww, who's this?" she asks, holding up my phone and showing me the screen.

"Oh. That's my little brother."

"Aww--he's so cute."

A few seconds later, "Aww, is this your mom?" she asks, referring to another picture.

Damn. I've never heard Chloe coo so much in my life.

"Yes. That's my mommy," I confirm, proudly.

Suddenly, she starts to giggle.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "What? What's so funny?"

"It's just funny how you can have all these sweet pictures of your family, and then there's one picture of some girl's naked breasts in there, too. So nice, Justin, so nice."

"Hey, you want me to add another to the collection?" I suggest, enthusiastically. "You could always strip for me... I'd be glad to take your photo. And I bet you have nicer tits than her, too!" I add, happily.

A pillow immediately smacks me over the head. "Pssh, you wish! Only in your dreams, horny."

"Yeah, true. But at least I can dream, right?" I contemplate. "Oh...here's my song."

Ashanti's "Only You" starts playing from her phone, as I sing along with my own rendition, "Only Justin can make you feel...and only Justin can take you there..."

"Oh hell no!" Chloe says, giggling at my silly antics. "You don't actually expect me to leave that on there for you, do you?"

"Yes! Why not? It's a good song, and the lyrics go well with our relationship," I state. "Now what did you pick for me?"

"Umm...hang on," she says. "Okay, yeah, I got it. These lyrics also go very well with our relationship," she grins, before winking at me.

"Mmkay...what is it?"

The song starts to play, and I instantaneously begin to pout at her choice of ringtone.

In much the same way as I did before, Chloe sings to me while the song plays, "If you're lookin' for the goodies… keep on lookin' cause they STAY in the jar...ooooh-oooh-oooh."

I frown at her and tug at her pant leg when she's through. "Hey girl, that was mean! Very, very mean."

"My goodies...my goodies...not my goodies!" Chloe says, smacking my arm away, laughing at her own joke.

God, she's a dork...

But a cute dork, none-the-less.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story