{Justin}

"Dude--you guys cannot come over here right now," I repeat myself once again, rolling my eyes as I look down at the stove. As I'm steadying the cell phone against my ear with one hand, my other hand is occupied, stirring the contents of the saucepan in front of me.

"Why the fuck not?" Trace loudly insists in my ear. "We're already about to be on our way over."

"I already told you why, dumb ass!" I exclaim in response.

Damn, sometimes people just don't listen, do they? I don't even know why I'm still trying to carry on a conversation with the moron. I'm cooking right now, and I need to concentrate on my cooking alone, if I want this to turn out as a somewhat of an edible dinner for Chloe and I. "Look, I'll call you tomorrow man," I say at last. "We'll hang out then or something."

"Whatever," Trace scoffs, hanging up the phone.

I snap my cell shut and lick my lips. My eyes glance at the microwave, only to find that it's already about to be 7:00pm in just a few short minutes. Shit. Chloe should be home really soon, and I don't even have the table set yet; I've still got to grab the candles, put the plates out, and oh yes--finish cooking the food.

Fuck. I'm never going to finish this before she gets home. I'm so stupid. I don't know what gave me the brilliant idea to do this in the first place.

Oh yes, it was that damn grade I got on my lab midterm this morning! We finally got our tests back today, and guess what I made? Yup--that's right folks--I'm smarter than you think; I got an A!

Seriously though, the only reason I probably did so well is because of her. I mean, I can admit that I've been slacking a little bit this year, and now I guess I'm back on the right track…

You see, last week, Chloe insisted that I prepare for the test early. I didn't want to, but she wouldn't let up till I finally agreed with her. So then she quizzed me and hung out with me and helped me learn all the material within all our little study sessions, and now--well, now I'm surprising her and cooking her dinner so I can tell her the great news: that we got an A on the test!

I already fibbed that I was gonna be with the boys tonight, so I'm sure she thinks that the house is going to be empty when she gets home from work. And I'm sure she's gonna be pretty damn surprised when she gets home and finds out that I'm really here and that I've set up a nice, cozy dinner for the two of us.

I can't wait to see her face. I hope she's happy.

Oh God…

I know what you're probably thinking; how cheesy have I become? I mean, shit--don't think I've become some sappy loser or anything because it's not like that all; it’s not like I'm all trippin' over her or anything.

But honestly, I can't help it anymore. Trace was right; I do like Chloe. It's just that--well, I really like her. And I know I shouldn't, and I know it's wrong for me to like her so much, but I just can't help it. She's fun to be around and even though she always finds one way or another to get under my skin and piss me off, she always finds another way to challenge me and make me laugh, too.

And I like that about her.

I mean, at first, I didn't, but now that I've gotten to know her better, it's different. It's funny how time can change things. I mean, the past few weeks seem to have passed by in an instant, and I almost can't believe that this whole bet thing is supposed to be over in another three months. When Trace and I made the bet, he said I had six months. Six months to get her to fall in love with me, six months to sleep with her…

But the thing is, lately I've been thinkin' that maybe I don't even really care about the stupid bet anymore. All this time I've been telling myself that Chloe is just a stupid-fucking bet; but the truth is, she's more than a stupid bet to me.

And it sucks because sometimes I just want to call the whole thing off, to just forget about the damn bet and pretend I never made it. But I know I can't do that. I mean, Trace and Darnell have fuckin' money down on whether or not we're gonna bone, and it's like they constantly remember to bring the whole thing up every other day just to make sure I haven't forgotten or something.

I finish lighting the two candles I've got laying out as I step back and smile at my work. In the midst of all my crazy thoughts, I've finally managed to set up our table for tonight. The food is almost done and the atmosphere is lookin' pretty nice.

Yup, it looks good.

Everything’s good.

And when Chloe finally gets here, things will be even better.



****



{Chloe}

"Yes, I know Elise. I just got home though, so I'm gonna let you go. I'll see you in a while," I say, shutting my phone and reaching inside my coat pocket for my keys. I let myself inside the apartment, furrowing my brow as I shut the door behind me.

It smells good in here. It smells like someone's cooking. Chris' car was gone though, and Justin isn't supposed to be here--so who?

I quickly make my way towards the kitchen, curiously slipping inside the room. My surprised eyes fall upon the romantic setting. As I stare at it all in wonderment, Justin's voice unexpectedly calls out to me. My gaze snaps away from the candles as I look at him intriguingly, "What's all this? What are you doing home?" I question at once.

I feel like I'm walking in on some date he's got ready for some other girl or something. But then again, he wouldn't have done all this for someone else when he knew I was coming home, right?

"I wanted to surprise you," he immediately explains. He's smiling at me, awaiting my reaction. "Do you like it?"

I don't know what to say. I'm honestly flattered. He did this. And he did it for me? I mean, we're talking about Justin Timberlake here, people. This is like--one of the sweetest, cutest things a guy has ever done for me. And by Justin Timberlake; the same guy I used to hate a few months ago, the same guy that I'm supposed to be making fall madly-in-love with me right now...

Shit. That reminds me--I had no idea he was going to be doing all of this--and I already have plans for tonight. In fact, 'my plans' are going to be here in just a little while, and I'm sure Justin isn't going to be too thrilled when Elise...

He suddenly interrupts the silence, adding proudly, "I made us shrimp fettuccini and salad. Is that okay?"

I immediately bite my lip.

Oh God--shrimp? I hate shrimp. I always have, always will...

Now, you know that normally I don't hold anything back just for the sake of his feelings, but I seriously don't have the heart to tell him how much I abhor shrimp at the moment. Especially when he's looking all cute and nervous for my reaction. And especially when I'm going to have to tell him that his surprise is sort of going to be ruined, as my guests should be arriving here anytime soon.

I mean, what can I do about it? Lisa and Elise are already on their way over for the night...

He’s still waiting for me to answer him. Say something. I need to say something. "Oh--that--that sounds great. But…you didn't have to do all this for me, Justin," I squeak out at last, managing to give him a soft smile when I'm done.

He grins at my words of approval, and suddenly he's walking towards where I'm standing and staring at him. He leans down and gives me a quick kiss, grabbing for my hands and leading me to sit down at the table. "I wanted to," he dismisses my previous comment, adding, "Sit down and I'll bring the food..."

Shit. What should I do?

Should I just come out with it? Or should I start our dinner and then tell him?

I decide on the latter, as he plops a full plate of food in front of me and heads over to get his own. He pores me a glass of wine and himself one before he finally joins me at the table. He glances in my direction and I tilt my head to the side, observing him carefully. I smile at him again.

"Why you smiling at me?" he asks, his own face breaking out into a grin.

"I dunno. This is just--sweet of you,” I comment.

He flashes his white teeth at me, as his grin grows even larger. "Well, I can be sweet sometimes, you know."

"I see that," I reply, nonchalantly using my fork to scrape the shrimp around on my plate. I should take a bite, but I don't want to get any of the shrimp in my mouth. I figure I'll stall the whole taking-a-bite thing for a few more seconds as I question him, "So have I done something to deserve such sweetness, or is this just my lucky night?"

"Well actually, there’s something I wanted to tell you--"

The doorbell cuts off his explanation. Fuck. They're already here? I mean, I knew they were on their way, but shit. I was trying to ease into at least a short discussion with him before I broke out with the news, and now they're already here...

"Who the heck is here?" Justin mutters at me, annoyed. He's already starting to get out of his chair, as he mumbles, "I swear to God, if that's Trace, I'm gonna--"

My words stop him from any further movement, "It's--um--err--a few friends of mine were gonna come over tonight..."

His face immediately drops. I feel a sudden wave of guilt wash over me. I didn't mean for this to happen though. I had no idea he was even going to be home tonight, and now--now he's looking at me like I've killed his puppy or something. "Justin, I'm so sorry," I say getting up, as the doorbell is now being rung again.

He's going to flip when he sees who's here, I just know it. I think he must have forgotten about that time I was with her at the basketball court because he never mentioned it that day. But I just have a feeling he's not going to like this...

I gently touch his arm and then turn to get the door. "I'll be right back."



****



{Justin}

I can't fucking believe this.

Seriously.

Why do I even try with women anymore?

All they are is a bunch of trouble and, and I can't believe that of all people she's here.

What a fuckin' bitch. I don't even understand how her and Chloe are friends all of a sudden. They met in a class and did a project together? What the hell? Does that mean they should be best friends now or something?

I mean, last time I fucking checked, they didn't even seem to like each other. Whenever Elise came around to the house with me, the two of them seemed nothing remotely close to interested with one another, let alone did they seem friendly with one another. And now--well now—they're all just buddy-buddy!

I mean, damn. This fucking blows.

And I swear to God, Elise is acting like such a little smart-ass right now. She's seriously getting on my fucking nerves. Her other friend seems okay, but she hasn't really spoken all that much so who knows how bad she is. In fact, as we all awkwardly sit here at the dinner table, I think Chloe and Elise are pretty much the only ones opening up their mouths to speak.

I'm too pissed and upset to even wanna begin a conversation.

"So, Justin, shouldn't you be out fucking one of your ho's right about now?" Elise suddenly breaks the silence, giving me a sarcastic smile.

"Elise, don't--" Chloe starts.

I coldly interrupt her with my own response to the bitch's comment, "Yeah, I guess I should be. In fact, why don't we go upstairs so I can fuck you and take care of that little problem?" I clap my hands together and add, "Oh wait, no. Already been there, done that, huh?”

Chloe drops her fork, and out of the corner of my eye, I notice the upset look on her face. Oh well, what am I supposed to do? She brought over my ex-whatever and she expects me to be nice to the slut?

"I don't know, Justin. I don't much remember our fucks; I tend to forget about all my lame-ass-one-minute-sex-sessions whenever I can," Elise snidely replies to me.

Oh the stupid bitch...

My phone suddenly rings, stopping me from responding. I quickly pull my cell out and growl into the phone, "What?"

"What are you doing?" Darnell’s voice questions me.

"Nothing," I say, staring straight at Chloe as I speak. She's watching me on the phone, while Lisa and Elise have started in on some conversation of their own. "Why, what do you want?"

"Trace said we couldn't chill at your crib tonight, and he said--wait, who's over there?" he suddenly pries, "I hear voices."

"No one," I reply, reluctantly adding, "Just Chloe--and some of her friends."

"Oh fuck no! You're not having a threesome, are you?" he snickers.

"No."

"Well then, why can't we come over? Are any of them hot?" he inquires.

I roll my eyes.

Why the fuck not, anyways?

It's not like my night isn't already ruined.



****



{Chloe}

I walk back into the living room, where our sudden mini get together is going on. I hand Darnell another beer. He smiles at me, accepting the drink I just offered to go and get him a second ago. "Thanks shorty."

"No problem," I say, watching Justin.

He's sulking.

He's sitting down, watching everyone chat and laugh with a big old scowl on his face. He's not talking to anyone, and he's not trying to be the center of attention like he usually likes. His gaze suddenly lands on me, and he rolls his eyes at me when he sees me staring.

Geez. I feel bad, but what does he want me to do about it? It's not like I intentionally plotted to ruin his plans tonight, so why do I even feel guilty about this? He's acting like a little baby right now, and I'm sick of worrying about him while everyone else is having fun…

Taking a seat beside Elise, I tilt my head to the side and try to catch up with some of the conversations going around the room. I glance at Lisa and raise my eyebrows suggestively. She was more than excited when she found out that Darnell was going to be stopping by tonight, and by the pleased look on her face, I can tell she's really having a good time.

Suddenly Chris and his girlfriend Marissa walk into the living room, more alcoholic beverages in their hands. I smile at Marissa and she winks at me as Chris noisily says, "What the hell is going on in my house? You guys know you're not allowed to throw parties without me…"

Justin scoffs, loudly enough to turn a few heads. He points at me, "Blame that on her."

I glare at him. Chris was just joking anyways, and Justin of course is acting like an ass about it. I hate when he's like this.

"Who cooked the food in the kitchen?" Marissa chirps in, noticing my annoyed face. Everyone else seems to ignore the spectacle, but she's always been good at breaking up fights between me and Justin, and I know she thinks that’s what we’re about to do.

"I cooked dinner for me and Chloe," Justin answers her crossly, rolling his eyes at the thought.

Chris is setting the bag of drinks on the coffee table, as he looks up and casually comments, "But I thought you hated shrimp, Chlo?"

Fuck.

He wasn't supposed to say that.

And Justin looks so pissed at me.

But damn--what else is new anyways?



****



"Juuustin," I drawl, opening his door and allowing myself inside without somuch as a knock. It's not like I need to knock anyways; I never do anymore. Ever since I snuck into his bedroom that night that he made me—well you know what—well, he and I have sort of been sneaking into each other’s rooms a whole lot lately. We usually just fool around and cuddle and whatever else. At first I felt like a huge slut, but now I'm sort of used to it.

And besides--it's fun. We have fun. And it's not like Justin and I have had sex...yet.

I giggle at the thought, my head just a little clouded over with the few beers and sips of Smirnoff I had tonight. Justin went up to bed a while ago; he didn't feel like socializing anymore, I guess.

I make my way over to his bed in the dark room, feeling as though I might trip on something if I'm not careful. I crawl next to him. "Justin, get up," I say, tapping at his arm.

He just rolls over, away from me instead, ignoring my touch. That bitch. I know he's awake! I don't know why the hell he's so pissed at me. Normally, I wouldn't care. Well, I wouldn't have cared a while ago--but--but--

I force my body against his own, hugging him from behind. "Justin, what are you trippin'?" I suddenly roll off of him and onto my back again, cracking up at the fact that I think I just made absolutely no sense with that. My body shakes with laughter, as I look up at the ceiling and wait for him to reply.

"Go away Chloe,” he finally whispers.

"Why?" I pout, snuggling into him again. My hands reach over his body, sliding down his waist. I begin to rub him through his pants. "Why are you mad at me?"

"I--I'm not--" he starts, flipping over onto his back again. He looks at me, and I stare down at my hand on his crotch, as I continue to tease him. "It’s just--I'm just pissed about the whole night," he finally breathes out, shakily.

"Oh...well I'm horny." I giggle, as his hand suddenly grips my own, stopping me from unbuckling his belt. I pout at him again.

"I think what you are is drunk,” he states.

"No, I'm just tipsy," I smartly correct him, twisting my hand out of his grasp. "Do you not want me to be in here?"

"I didn't say that," he replies, quietly.

"Well then..." I can hear the faint sound of loud voices coming from throughout the house. Everyone is still over, but I really don't care all that much. I want to spend time with Justin. My hand goes back to his belt buckle, as I once again try to undo it. He doesn't stop me this time.

"Can we...." I slither my leg over his body, maneuvering myself until I'm straddling his waist. I lean down and kiss his cheek, his jawbone, his neck…

"Can we what?" he questions, sliding his hands down my backside until firmly squeezes my ass.

I pull away from kissing him and look into his eyes. I smile at him, as I grind myself against his dick. His eyes don't give it away, but I know he at least somewhat wants me, because I can feel how hard he’s getting. "You know what,” I whisper.

Justin's hands are still on my ass, as he uses this to once more grind me down onto him. He thrusts his hips upwards against me, creating even more friction between our fully-clothed bodies. "No, I don't think I do. Why don't you just tell me?" he grunts, huskily. "Just say it."

I don't know why, but suddenly I'm giggling again. His body feels so good beneath me, but the moment is sort of ruined as I start laughing again. I hear Justin sigh, as he quickly lets go of his hold on me. "I'm sorry," I immediately sober myself up, "I just--I really want to have sex with you right now," I admit.

My hands trace idle circles along his chest, as Justin closes his eyes and breathes in deeply at my words. He looks like he's struggling with something as I watch him lay there and contemplate everything. Abruptly he's gently pushing me off of him. As I fall to his side and lay there in momentary shock, he gets up and comes over to me. I see that he’s reaching his hand out to me.

"What are you doing?" I demand at him in frustration.

"I'm taking you to your bedroom."

"What? You're kicking me out?" I ask him in disbelief.

"I know I won't be able to control myself if you’re in here in tonight, so I'm going to resist temptation, and I'm going to let you go to bed on your own," he says, tugging at my lax body. "C'mon, stop lookin' all sexy and get up…”

All of a sudden, I’m not that tipsy and amused anymore. Instead of laughing, I feel like crying, or screaming, or shouting, or punching. Yes, punching him in the face sounds like a good idea. "What the hell Justin? I don't want to leave!" I argue, pulling away from him, smacking my hand down on his bed. I realize I'm acting like a spoiled bratright now, but I just can't believe this. I'm horny and--and he's kicking me out of his room!

"Oh God," he groans. "I can't handle this much longer…"

"What are you--"

Then, all at once, before I even realize what's happening, he's picking me up and hoisting me over his shoulder. He's carrying me away from his room, and before I know it, he's brought me into my own room and set me down on my own bed. He kisses me on the head and quickly says goodnight. I don’t even get the chance to protest again because he’s already gone by the time I find my voice to say something.

I frown and flop down onto my back. As my head hits the plush pillows, I let out a disappointed sigh.

Justin doesn't want me.

He fuckin' rejected me and kicked me out of his room.

God--what a shitty night.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story