{Justin}

Okay, so here’s the thing. I have something to admit to you. What I’m trying to say is—well—that I’ve been a complete and total bastard. For how long, you wonder? Oh I don’t know, perhaps five days long maybe? Yeah, that sounds about right. We had sex precisely five days ago; and this means that I have succeeded in avoiding any and all human contact with Chloe Marin for precisely five days in counting.

So I know this seems a ridiculous move on my part, considering what I said to you a while back and all. You know—like five days a while back—that stupid thing I said about me thinking I was in love with her?

Well, yeah. It obviously wasn’t true. I mean, now that I’m thinking clearly, now that I’m no longer overwhelmed with that ‘wow-I-just-had-an-amazing-fuck’ kind of high you sometimes get after having great sex; well, I realize just how not-in-love with her I really am. Honestly, I’m still lost as to why that thought even crossed my mind, but I guess it doesn’t matter much anyways.

My point is that there’s no way in hell that I could possibly be in love with someone like Chloe. I mean, first of all, she’s just not my type—we’re a match made in hell if you will. And second of all, if there’s one thing I ever learned about love, it’s that it ain’t your friend folks.

Really, it’s amazing to me how many people bitch and moan about wishing they were in love, wishing they could find that “someone special” to be in their lives. Please. Why don’t people just stick a damn post-it that says ‘I-wish-someone-could-fuck-me-over-and-destroy-my-happiness’ onto their foreheads if they’re so fuckin’ desperate to find love?

What? It’s just a suggestion.

Anyways—back to me being a bastard. I’ve been avoiding Chloe ever since we had sex, and I feel really bad about it. I mean, just because I’m not in love with the girl doesn’t mean that I don’t like her any. She’s not exactly—the most pleasant girl I’ve ever been friends with, but at least she’s honest and real with me. And she is kind of funny and interesting and smart sometimes…

So whatever.

I guess I shouldn’t have just gone and ignored her after I finally got around to banging her. That wasn’t a nice thing for me to do, and I really do think that Chloe and I can at least be friends with each other now. Just as long as there’s no more sex and all that other couple-ish kind of shit between us, we’ll be fine. I can’t afford to be fucking up my head anymore with stupid ideas of being in love and what not. So yeah—no more sex.

At least not with Chloe anyway…

Shit, am I already home? That was fast. I guess I got pretty lost in all my thoughts as I was walking here, huh?

Taking a deep breath, I reach into my pocket and pull out my keys. I wonder if Chloe’s even home right now. I’ve been staying at Darnell’s crib all week so I don’t even know what she’s been up to. I guess I hope she’s here though because I wanna talk to her and apologize for being such a dick.

“Hello?” I call out, stepping inside the apartment and closing the door behind me. “Anyone home?”

Nobody answers me.

So I stroll further along inside only to find that both the kitchen and living room are empty. I frown, quickly making my way towards the bedrooms. I knock on Chloe’s door, cracking it open when she doesn’t answer. She’s not in there. And guess what, Chris isn’t in his room either.

Fuck. Everybody is gone. Where the hell are they? I need to talk to Chloe.

Walking inside of my own bedroom, I plop down onto my bed and pull out my phone. I start to ring her cell, but she doesn’t answer. “Shit,” I curse, ending the call. I quickly call Chris instead, and I’m quite thankful when I finally hear his voice after the third ring. “Hello?”

“Hey, what’s up?” I greet. “Where is everybody? I just came home, and ya’ll are gone.”

“I’m with Marissa, man,” Chris states, matter-of-factly.

“Oh,” I say. I wait a second and then add, “What about Chloe?”

Chris takes a second to answer as he informs his girlfriend of who’s on the phone. Finally, he answers, “She said she was going to some party. Why?”

My brow immediately furrows. Since when the hell did Chloe go to parties? She hates parties…she told me so. “With who?” I ask.

“That Elise chick she’s been hanging out with. And that other girl that was over a while back.”

“Lisa?” I supply.

“Yup.”

“Elise is a fucking bitch,” I finally mutter, annoyed. Suddenly I’m in a really bad mood. “I can’t believe this. She shouldn’t be going to parties with that slut. And since when…”

“Justin.”

“What?”

“I hate to cut ya off, but I’m kinda…busy at the moment.”

“Oh…sorry,” I immediately apologize.

“Don’t worry 'bout it. Is there anything else you needed?”

“Uh—no.” I pause, “ Well, actually, you don’t happen to know where the party is at, do you?”

“Nope…sorry,” Chris answers me, shooting down all my hopes with his two spoken words.

Fuck. Damn. Fuck.

“It’s all good,” I say, coolly. “I’ll talk to you later. Bye.”

I hang up my phone and lay down, staring at the ceiling in thought. I can’t believe she’s at a fucking party right now. And why does it bother me so much that she is anyways?

Well, you know what? I don’t know why it bothers me—but it just fucking does.

So how can I find out where she’s at?

I lie in bed and ponder this for a while until suddenly I get an idea: Lisa. Darnell has Lisa’s number…Lisa’s with Chloe…Lisa might pick up her phone and tell me where they’re at…

Damn, I hope she picks up.



****



“I think I found her,” Darnell abruptly says, pointing towards the opposite direction I had been looking in. “But uh…uh…”

My eyes scan over the various crowds of people before finally settling on what he’s stuttering about. I tighten my jaw in irritation. He sure did fuckin’ find her alright—found her with her tongue shoved down some motherfucker’s throat. “What the fuck?” I snap, angrily.

Darnell shrugs his shoulders at me when I look at him in annoyance. “Sorry man.”

“I’ll be right back,” I mutter, heading away from him, off into her direction.

Some dumbass bumps into me as I’m walking, but I don’t flinch or even stop until I’m standing right over them. I begin to harshly tap whatever fucker she’s making out with on his shoulder. They eventually pull away from each other, as he glances at me annoyance. What a fuckin’ prick…

“Can I help you?” he asks me.

“Actually, no,” I reply rudely. I ignore him and my eyes meet Chloe’s now angered ones as she gives me her most evil glare ever. “I need to talk to you,” I state, pointing at her.

The guy immediately looks in her direction, a confused look on his face. “Uh, who is he?” he asks her, carefully.

She opens her mouth to respond, but I quickly interrupt with my own answer instead, “I’m her boyfriend, you dick. Now can you please get your fucking hand off her thigh so I can have a word with her?”

“You have a boyfriend?”

“No!” she responds, sharply. “He’s not my boyfriend!”

“Chloe, why are you doing this?” I say in a hurt voice. “You know that we’re together.” I reach my arm down and try to tug on her hand, but she swiftly snaps it away from me.

“Don’t touch me.”

“We need to talk,” I insist, not caring who’s listening or watching us at this point. A few heads are turned, but it’s no big deal.

“Alex, can we please go somewhere else?” she immediately asks him, ignoring me completely.

Oh, that’s right! I knew the fucker seemed familiar! He’s that prick from the basketball court, the one—shit, I thought I tore his number up? Damn it! “Chloe…” I hurriedly start to protest as she and Alex are now standing up together, ready to make their exit.

Chloe quickly brushes past me though, giving me one last dirty glare in the process. “Bye Justin.”

I watch in paralyzed shock, as Alex follows closely behind her. Their bodies soon mesh into the distant crowds…and finally, they fade away all together.



****



{Chloe}

“You are such a fucking asshole!” I shout, barging into the kitchen, tearing his attention away from the package of cookie’s he is working on opening up.

Justin’s face looks startled at my sudden arrival. He’s standing next to the counter in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I quickly make my way over to him, ready to beat his ass. I angrily shove at his chest, as he slightly stumbles backwards from the contact. “I can’t believe you did that!” I continue, shoving him again and repeating my first statement, “You are such a fucking asshole!”

He suddenly recovers from my pushing and shoving him as he rolls his eyes at me. Grabbing my arms, he holds them away from hitting him and says, “Calm the fuck down, Chloe. You’re overreacting.”

“Let go of me!” I yell at once.

I wriggle and squirm, desperately trying to get away from his strong grip…

And somehow, unbeknownst to me, in only a few short minutes, we end up wrestling our way out of the kitchen and into the living room. I fall upon Justin’s body, the back of his head banging against the floor, as we both violently land onto the carpet. I start hitting and banging at his chest until he hastily maneuvers us over in our little wrestling session. He pins my hands above my head and forces my body down with his weight.

Both of our breathing is extremely ragged as he breathlessly tells me, “Would you calm your ass down? Jesus Christ!”

I try to push my body up and get him off of me, but it’s no use; he’s too heavy, too strong. I look at his face, only inches away from mine. I have a strong urge to hit him in the fucking jaw. “Get the fuck off me! I want to punch you so damn bad!” I scream out in frustration.

Justin chuckles unevenly, shaking his head at me. “Fine. I’ll let you punch me once—but only if you promise to listen to me first.”

“Just get off of me!” I shout again, my stomach twisting with intense anger.

He suddenly rolls away, sitting up and idly dusting off his t-shirt. He stares at me closely for a minute. “Look, I’m sorry,” he finally says, his words still shaky from his erratic breathing. “I shouldn’t have done that tonight.” I don’t say anything or even move, as he continues on, “And I…I shouldn’t have just…disappeared on you like I did this week…”

What a bastard.

He actually expects me to believe he’s sorry. It’s not like I was all that surprised about it anyways. “Whatever. I don’t believe you.”

“Chloe, I swear. I’m sorry,” he insists. “I’m really sorry.”

If I wasn’t so damn exhausted from wrestling with him, I’d attempt at getting my ass up and walking away from him right now. I need to save my energy though—don’t think I won’t punch his ass as soon as he says I get my turn. And I want it to hurt when I do. “That’s nice,” I finally reply, coldly.

Justin frowns. “The thing is—well I kinda freaked out after we had sex because—because um…”

“I really don’t care. We’re not together and I don’t care,” I snap, interrupting his explanations. If I’m completely honest, I was a little disappointed, but I’m not gonna bother telling him that. Asshole.

“I think I like you maybe a little too much,” he confesses, continuing on stubbornly. “And I guess that’s why I needed to get away for a few days.”

“Oh please,” I scoff at once, finally sitting up and readjusting my skirt. “Couldn’t you think of a better excuse than that? That was just pathetic, Justin. Even for you.”

“I’m telling you the truth!” he immediately yells, throwing his hands up. “Why don’t you just accept my damn apology and move on?”

“You made Alex think we’re together! You ruined my date!”

Justin rolls his eyes. “So what? That guy is a jerk, Chloe.”

“No, Justin, you’re the jerk,” I correct him.

Silence falls upon us for once, both of us staring ahead at the wall. Finally, I ask, “Do I get to punch you yet?”

“Will you forgive me and be friends with me again if I let you?”

I pause a moment to think about this. Do I really think he deserves another chance? Maybe not, but the thought of punching him is just too damn enticing to pass up in the end. “Fine.”



****



{Justin}

I hold my hands up and stand before her, ready to let her do the damage. I mean, how much could a girl-punch possibly hurt anyways?

“Alright, go ahead,” I finally say, tightening the muscles in my abdomen in anticipation.

Chloe narrows her eyes and stares at my stomach. Her fist is clenched, but she’s still not making any moves to punch me yet. I wait…and wait…and just as I’m about to ask her if she’s gonna do it anytime in this century…

I feel all of the wind being violently knocked out of my stomach as I instinctively fall forward and hunch over in pain. “Holy fuck!” I breathe out, waddling towards the couch and falling backwards. I grip my stomach in pain, the stinging of her blow still burning my skin. “Are you trying to fuckin’ kill me?”

She rushes over to my side at once, an apologetic look gracing her face. “I didn’t mean to do it that hard.”

“Holy fuck!” I say again. “Who the fuck taught you to hit like that?”

I’m pathetically leaning back against the pillows on the couch as I watch her shrug her shoulders at me. “My older brother and I used to box each other when we were kids,” she explains, guiltily. She touches my shoulder, “Are you okay?”

I grit my teeth. The intense pain is slowly starting to subside into a duller pain by now…slowly. I look at her and state, “Remind me never to let you punch me again.”

“Well, at least I didn’t kick you in the balls,” she suddenly supplies, jokingly.

A horrified look immediately washes over my face; the thought of it ever happening is enough alone to make me cringe in pain. “Oh god, don’t even joke about that,” I squeak out, weakly.

Chloe giggles, all her previous anger seemingly gone. She reaches her hand out to lift at my shirt, but I quickly recoil from her touch. She tries again. “Let me see it. I’m not gonna hit you again…”

I reluctantly oblige, as she lifts the hem of my t-shirt up. She scrunches her nose. I look down and see the big, red mark she’s left on my skin and finally up at her again. “You do know I’m going to have a bruise by tomorrow from your abusive ways,” I state, informingly.

Her fingertips softly run over my stomach. “Should I get you some ice?” she suggests, finally.

“N-no,” I say, suddenly aware of how close her hand is from touching my dick. “I’ll be fine, thanks.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes,” I hiss, quickly scooting away from her again.

Remember Justin…no sex with Chloe, no sex with Chloe…

Can’t.

Have.

Sex.

With.

Chloe.

“I think I’m gonna go to bed,” I suddenly say at last.

Yeah. I think it's best that I provide some distance between us right about now. Especially if I can’t have sex with her anymore…because it’s getting harder and harder to resist attacking her at this very moment…

“Okay,” she says.

“We’re even now, right?”

She rolls her eyes. “Yeah, I guess so…”

“So we’re friends, right?”

“Right.”

I stand up and stretch my hands above my head, “Okay. Well—goodnight, Chloe.”

I quickly scurry off into my bedroom, falling down onto my bed with a sigh.

Fuck, how am I ever going to handle being just friends with her?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story