{Chloe}

Okay, so as hard as this is for me, I’m going to admit something to you. The last few weeks have led me to an unexpected discovery. What have I discovered, you might wonder?

Now, as shocking as this probably is to you and me both… what I have discovered is that Justin Timberlake does in fact possess at least one redeeming quality. I mean, in contrast to all of his typically overbearing, obnoxious, and disgusting qualities I guess that’s not really saying much though, right?

Well that’s what I keep telling myself anyways.

You see, it all started with those damn roses he got me. And then it continued on with a pathetic yet sickeningly endearing set of notes that he kept leaving around the house for me. The first time it happened, I woke up and just as I got out of bed, I noticed a slip of paper falling to the carpeted floor.

So I’m sure you’re wondering what it said, huh? Well, I’ll tell you. It said, “Wow…I never knew sleeping could be so beautiful.”

Now of course, at first, I was a little freaked out by the whole thing. I mean, stalker much? I really didn’t like the whole idea of my crazy, asshole roommate coming in and watching me while I slept. But then this sick thing happened…as the day went by, and the more and more I thought about it, the more and more I was kind of well…flattered.

Okay, so I know what you’re thinking…I was being completely and utterly pathetic, right? Don’t worry, I completely agree with you. And the sad thing is, is that as the days continued and the more and more notes that I found secretly laying around for me, the more and more I started to enjoy them…anticipate them even.

Finally, Justin broke the last straw though.

It was just this week, Wednesday I believe, when I found another note from him inside one of my English textbooks. I smiled and sighed, tucking it under my pillow before I suddenly pulled it out and read it again.

A great epiphany suddenly hit me.

Here I was, trying my best to avoid him, and all the while I still had this whole arrangement with Elise going on…and instead of following through on the whole deal, I was actually starting to become Elise. Or one of those girls like Elise. You know, the ones who fell for his every word, his insincere charms, gave him everything he wanted…

I just couldn’t let that be me. So I quickly put a stop to things…or so I thought that was what I was doing at the time anyways…

Knocking on his bedroom door, it was only a few seconds before Justin appeared with a bright smile. “Hey…what a nice surprise.”

“I want you to stop leaving me those notes,” I immediately demanded.

He smirked. “Why? They at least got you to talk to me.”

“I’m not talking to you,” I quickly snapped at him. “I’m just telling you to stop.”

As usual, the bastard practiced his daily habit of licking his lips. Complacently, he replied, “Well, fine….”

“Fine, thank you!” I interrupted him, quickly turning to leave.

“Wait!” he hastily grabbed for my arm. “I wasn’t done. Fine…but only on one condition.”

I turned around, sending him an evil glare in the process. “What do you mean? I’m not negotiating with you here.”

“Alright,” he shrugged, biting his cheek to keep his smug smile from reappearing. “I guess I’ll just keep up with the notes then sexy.”

I gritted my teeth. “What do you want?”

“Go out with me again.”

“No!”

“Yes.”

And that should explain it all to you. That’s why I’m sitting here, thinking about all this nonsense when I should be getting ready for our…err soon to be date-from-hell number two.

Damn it.

Why did his only endearing quality have to be persistence? And why did I ever have to make that damn deal with Elise? Why!

You can only imagine the disgust and remorse racing through my veins that day when, defeated, I uttered, “Fine.”



****



{Justin}

I’m currently sitting across from Chloe, going over all the different ways in my head that I can break the ice between us. You know how there’s silence with someone and there’s awkward silence with someone? Yeah, well, we have the awkward kind of silence between us right now, as we both sit here waiting for the waiter to bring out our dinner.

I must admit, she looks really cute tonight. Maybe one of the reasons I’m finding her so cute, is that she’s not opening up her mouth. Lord knows the minute she does that, I usually want to tape it right back shut again.

Clearing my throat, I hesitantly smile at her. I have to do something here. I need to talk. I’ve got to get her to like me. I’ve just got to keep thinking that if she likes me, then I’ll eventually get to fuck her. Get her to like you, fuck her. “So...how are you doing in your classes?”

Okay, so sue me. I couldn’t think of a better question. And just by searching her room, it’s not like I know enough about her to strike up some immaculate conversation that would get her all interested.

“Fine. And yours?” she asks me politely, looking around the room at the other tables, obviously completely bored.

“Um…okay. I kind of need to catch up in a few,” I respond, thinking about my grades. Jesus, why did I bring up school anyways? What a fucking headache. I forgot how behind I was in all my classes.

I’ve been busy though! Leaving notes for Chloe, staying at Jamie’s…err or was it Jackie’s…well her place and fucking, trying to charm Chloe, hanging out with the boys, thinking of ways to get on Chloe’s good side, and then fucking Jackie some more...

Well, you’ve got the point, I’m sure. I’ve been busy.

She gives me a slight nod and continues to stare behind me off into the distance. Defeated, I decide to just observe her for a while instead. Her hair is up, and she has on this sweater thing that barely shows anything. God, couldn’t she dress a little more revealing? It does make me wonder though…

“Why are you always staring at me?” she suddenly snaps, interrupting my thoughts.

I look into her brown eyes and lick my lips nervously. “Well…well what do you care?” I retort, stupidly. I couldn’t think of anything better at the moment, so fuck off.

“It’s just…” she pauses mid-thought.

“What?” I pry, suddenly back to my usual argumentative self. “Do I make you nervous when I stare at you like that? Hmm? Why?”

Chloe rolls her eyes. “No. It’s just annoying when people stare,” she replies, not once looking away from our steady gaze.

“I bet I could stare at you longer than you could stare at me,” I suddenly challenge, enjoying the way my staring is getting under her skin.

“You are so immature.”

I grin, my blue eyes never leaving her brown ones as I say, “Stop looking at me then.”

“No,” she hisses, her voice lowering a little. “You stop looking at me.”

“I hope you know… I used to always win staring contests as a child.”

“You’re an idiot.”

“You’re sexy.”

Her eyes are kind of entrancing. I love arguing with her like this. Love it. “You’re a pervert.”

“You like it,” I reply. God this is fun. I bet people think we’re freaks.

“You wish I liked it…stop looking at me!”

“I bet you want to kiss me right now.”

“You’re so fucking immature.”

Our eyes are still connected. I begin to mock her in the same tone, “You’re so fucking…”

Suddenly, there’s commotion to the side and both of our heads snap towards our waiter. He clears his throat and gives a sort of freighted smile. “Um…you had the spaghetti, right miss?”

As soon as our food is in front of us and the waiter is gone, she looks up at me and at the same time we both snarl, “You lost!”



****



{Chloe}

I laugh at him and hold out my hand. “My rent please.”

Justin rolls his eyes and starts to count out the monopoly money that he owes me for landing on Boardwalk with hotels. “I don’t want to play anymore,” he pouts, handing me over the money he owes.

It’s funny… he’s such a sore loser. On our way home from the restaurant, we practically bickered the whole way home about who won the staring contest at dinner. And then he quickly challenged me to a game of Monopoly when we got home so he could prove once and for all that he was the real winner.

So far, I’m winning though. Heh…what now, bitch?

“Whatever, Justin. You just want to quit because once again, you’re losing to me,” I say with a smile.

This is eerily frightening, but so far all of our arguments tonight have been playful. I mean in a sick, twisted sort of way, we’re getting along. And well, I’m actually having fun with him. He’s even made me laugh a few times tonight. And then he paid for my dinner…and that was….err sweet of him.

Don’t get me wrong though. It’s not like I’m saying he’s a saint or anything. I still hold to the fact that 99 percent of the time he is a complete prick.

“That’s not true. I’m really just hungry,” he defends, starting to put away the game.

“We just ate!” I exclaim.

“Yeah but…I want some dessert now,” he argues, poking me in the side.

It was weird for me to get used to at first, but I’m sort of getting a little more accustomed to his random touches. Who would have thought that the man-whore would be a touchy-sort of feely kind of guy?

All night, it seemed like he always found some reason to poke me, touch my hair, hold my hand…eww well you get the idea. I’m trying my best to be indifferent with the whole thing, while not completely recoiling. This is all for the deal's sake, of course.

“So, you wanna go get some ice cream gorgeous?”

God. That’s another thing. It’s like every ten seconds he’s calling me some pet name and acting like we’re already a couple of nine months, madly in love. Yeah right…get real.

Smiling at him, I shrug and try to go with the flow, ignoring his overused terms of endearment. “I guess so. Where at?”

“We could go to that place up the street.”

“Yeah…okay,” I agree.

I have to bite my lip when he smiles and gets up, reaching his hand out for me to join him in standing. “C’mon, let’s go then!” he says excitedly.

Reaching my arm up, I hesitantly place my hand inside his own. I have to force my body to relax as he intertwines our fingers and drags me towards the exit.

And then something really, really bad happens.

Justin suddenly stops just as we’re outside the door, looks down at me and gives me this crooked smile. “You know what, Chloe? I could really fall for a girl like you,” he whispers, leaning down and kissing my forehead before I get the chance to protest it.

The rest of the way to the ice cream shop, only one terrifying question keeps replaying over and over in my mind.

What if I could really fall for a guy like Justin Timberlake, too?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story