{Justin}

10:42 pm.

Looking up from my wristwatch, I glance back at the mirror and check my teeth. Perfect. I’m running right on schedule, and the teeth are looking fresh. I think I’m almost ready to leave for my ‘date.’ Really, all I need to do is put on my shoes and hat, and I should be good to go.

God, it’s been a great day! And it’s about to get even better. Let me explain…

This is going to be my first chance to actually get some alone time with Alex. Alex—in case you’re wondering—is this girl I happened to meet on campus last week. And let me tell you, she’s fucking fine.

The only problem with her that I can think of off of the top of my head is that she has this annoying roommate that is practically always hanging off of her ass. Oh and yeah…speaking of which, she also kind of has no ass. (Which isn’t all that appealing to me, but hey, back to my original point.)

So yes...her roommate is gonna be out of the picture tonight. Apparently, she is off staying the night at some relatives or something. This is just perfect for me—and as you can imagine—I’m excited!

Walking through the living room, I jump when I hear the slam of the front door. Chloe suddenly appears but then quickly disappears towards her bedroom I assume. And were those tears I just saw on her face? She looked really upset. I don’t even think she saw me standing here.

Damn—suddenly—I’m kind of torn. What should I do? I mean, I can’t just not go check on her… right? Chris isn’t even home to console her. But then again, what if I’m late? I need to leave. Alex is gonna be waiting for me…ready and willing to let me touch her…

Oh shit.

What am I thinking?

I have to at least go check on her! I’m her friend now. And I’m trying to get her to love me. This is much more important than some easy lay, right?

Right…Well, I’ll just keep thinking that while I make my way to her room anyways. It’ll make me feel better with what I’m about to do. It’s amazing how nice I can be sometimes, huh?

Softy knocking on her door, I put my ear against it, straining to hear anything from inside. I hear a few sniffles, but she still hasn’t responded. I know she’s in there now. “Chloe…it’s me…can I come in?” I gently ask, tapping the door a few more times.

It takes a few seconds, and I have to listen closely, but I can faintly make out her reply. “Not right now Justin. Just go away please.”

“Come on Chloe, what’s wrong? Can I just come in real…” I trail off, my hand curiously turning the door knob just to see if it’s locked.

It isn’t locked.

Chloe looks up from her seated position on the side of her bed and frowns at me before she quickly wipes at her face. “Um hi,” I greet her, hesitantly. “It wasn’t locked.”

“Justin, please. Just go away,” she repeats weakly, looking down at her lap instead of meeting my gaze.

Scratching my neck, I nervously stand in place and watch as she sniffles some more. I hate it when girls cry. I hate it. I never have liked it. And even though I’m not the cause for this particular scene, I still don’t like to watch it. I mean shit, why do women have to be so damn emotional anyways?

Okay, okay. I know this isn’t the time for me to be an insensitive jerk, I know. I’ve got to get it together. Snapping myself out of my thoughts, I slowly walk towards the bed and take a seat beside her slightly shaking form. With much hesitance on my part, I gently place my hand on the small of her back. “Hey…what’s going on?” I whisper, comfortingly.

My stomach turns and I cringe as I watch her blankly look off into space, the tears still flowing. She’s not answering me either. Did I mention that I hate to watch women cry? “Chloe?” I question her again, soothingly rubbing my hand up and down her back.

Errm—I guess I’m doing a good job so far. I mean, she is breathing a little less harshly. But fuck, she still isn’t talking to me and…

“I don’t know what to do, Justin.”

Shit. What does that mean? I hope this isn’t serious. I’m not good at giving advice. Fuck, who am I kidding? I’m not even good at comforting women. I can’t even remember the last time I was there to console—damn, I’m not focusing here…I need to focus on her. Focus, Justin. Focus. “What do you mean? What’s going on?” I ask her again.

I watch as Chloe glances down at her jeans and remains silent. Finally, after the longest time, she gently shakes her head, as she reaches to wipe at the last of her tears. “Nothing, nothing—never mind—I shouldn’t even be bothering you with it. I know you have your own…”

“You’re not bothering me,” I hastily interrupt her. I need her to talk to me. “Come on, please. Just tell me. Maybe—maybe uhh—you know, maybe I can help,” I finally add, just slightly stumbling over my words. Damn that was hard.

Oh, thank you Jesus! I’m now fighting the urge to sigh a huge sigh of relief as she finally shifts her position a little more towards my direction and then begins to explain. “It’s just—you’re going to think this is so dumb.”

“I won’t. Just tell me,” I encourage her, reaching down and grabbing her hands for assurance. God, I hope I’m doing this right…

“Okay well—I just—I had a really bad day at work. And then this one lady came in, and she was a total bitch and she…well that doesn’t even matter,” she begins to ramble off. I widen my eyes, as I watch her stare down at our hands, the words suddenly just flowing from her mouth. I’ve never seen Chloe talk so fast, or so much for that matter…

“And then,” she continues on, “I ran into this girl, Jamie, or something like that. Anyways, she’s from my English class. Well, she asks me about this essay that’s due tomorrow and me being an idiot, I don’t know how I thought this, but I was thinking it wasn’t due till Friday. But it’s due tomorrow. And I barely started on it because I’ve just been trying to catch up in my other classes…”

Licking my lips, I try to follow her story. She’s talking a little fast, biting her lip and sighing in between sentences with nervousness, I suppose. “So anyways…yeah. I’m pretty much screwed, and I’m sure you don’t want to hear this either, but I just started my period and…”

Oh, fuck me, my ears! Now why did she have to go and mention that? Thank God she’s not looking up at me to see my cringe…

“…I get really emotional, so I know I’m just overacting…” she trails off and then takes a deep breath before continuing. “But I’m really tired, and I don’t even know where to begin on this essay. And it’s so important to me…my grades, I mean, you know? That’s all I have, my grades…and I just don’t know what I’m going to do if I don’t finish this paper…”

“Chloe…”

“Because…”

“Chloe,” I interrupt her again, more firmly this time. Letting go of one of her hands, I reach out and tilt her chin up so that she’s looking at me. “Calm down for a second. Now take a deep breath.”

Surprisingly enough, she obeys me. I watch as she slowly inhales and exhales and then looks at me with expectant eyes. “Okay, now tell me what your essay is supposed to be about.”

“What—but why?” Chloe asks me, a questioning expression taking over her features.

I quickly place my finger onto her lips to silence her. “Shh—just what is it about?” I repeat.

She bites her lip, as I pull my finger away. “Um, racism.”

“Okay. And how long does it have to be?”

“Five pages, minimum.”

“Okay then!” I say, sharply lifting myself from the bed.

Chloe stares at me like I’m crazy as I calmly begin to explain, “Here’s what we’re gonna do. I’m gonna go run up to Starbucks, grab you some of the strongest coffee they’ve got, come back here and then we’re gonna start working on a paper about...” I pause and try to recall the subject she just mentioned. “Oh yes, a paper about racism.”

She begins to protest. “But…”

“No, no seriously! I’m gonna help you. I’m a good writer.”

Chloe swiftly stands up from the bed and grabs for my sleeve just as I’m turning and heading away form her. “Justin, wait!”

I turn around and raise an eyebrow. “What?”

“I…you…well you seem like you’re all dressed up,” she suddenly points out, as if she’s just noticed my appearance. “I mean—were you going somewhere?” she asks.

Fuck. I was going somewhere, wasn’t I?

Looking down at my jeans, I lick my lips and then bring my eyes back up to meet her own. And I could totally be imagining this, but she honestly looks like she actually hopes I’m gonna say no. For the first time since I’ve known the girl, I actually feel wanted by her…

My stomach does a flip-flop as I quickly make my decision. “No, I mean—I was just gonna go up to the store for some movies cause I was bored,” I fib, easily. “But now I have something to do—I need to help you.”

Chloe bites her lip again. Damn, I’m beginning to notice a trend with this girl and biting her lips. Then she smiles at me. Wow, she really is pretty when she smiles...

“I really was wrong about you, Justin,” she states softly.

Returning her smile and nodding, I have to bite my own lip as I quickly turn around and head for my exit. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but suddenly I’m not feeling so great anymore. And it’s not because I’m not going to get to see Alex tonight.

It’s because….it’s because I wish she really had been wrong about me.



****



{Chloe}

2:36 am.

Glancing up from the time on my computer, I quickly hold up the disk in my hand—the disk in which my finished paper is saved and ready to be printed out. “Well—it’s done and saved,” I state, turning to face him as he sits beside me on the couch.

Justin grins and pats my leg. “See, I told you we’d finish! Now, tell me, are you feeling way better than before or what?”

“Yes…thank you so much for helping me,” I add, staring into his eyes. “I seriously don’t think I could have finished without your help.”

Justin brings his hand up, waving off my thanks. “No need to thank me—I’m glad I got to help you out.”

Before I can stop myself, I quickly lean over and kiss his cheek. It’s the first time I’ve ever touched him on my own, and the second time that I’ve kissed him. Well, the last time I kissed him, it was different. It was a little longer—and it was on the lips.

I must admit that he has nice lips. And he really knows how to kiss. But I mean, why wouldn’t he? His lips have been practically everywhere. I don’t want to think about that right now though; I’m trying to change my mind about him.

It’s not like I’m being totally disloyal to my real feelings though, right? I still know that he can be a complete jerk, and I still want to succeed at making him suffer like Elise says he deserves…or at least, I think I still want to…

“So,” Justin says, stretching his long legs out in front of the couch. “You tired?”

“No, not really,” I answer him. “I think that coffee really did it for me.”

He chuckles and nods his head in agreement. “Yeah, I know what you mean,” he replies, his eyes staring at the coffee table.

Um, okay. I never noticed this before—but well, this is totally gross—but Justin is sort of not-so-bad looking. Okay, okay…he’s more than not-so-bad looking. He’s very good looking.

And I know what you’re thinking. Duh, he is! Why else do all these girls swoon after him?

But seriously, I’ve never really found him to be all that attractive until now. I guess it’s mainly just because I’m more into personality than looks when it comes to guys anymore. (Not that I’m saying looks aren’t somewhat important, but I’ve already fallen for the whole great looking, asshole, no brain sort of guy before—and trust me—it didn’t end up well.)

But anyways…now I’m staring, and I think he just noticed.

How embarrassing.

“What?” he asks me, looking over and blinking shyly.

Eww—why is he all of the sudden being so cute?

Is this what happens to all of the other girls?

Am I becoming another Elise? I can’t be…

But I just don’t know anymore. I’ve never felt like this before. I’m confused, frightened, and intrigued all at the same time.

“Nothing,” I say at last, my cheeks burning. “I was just thinking.”

Justin grins and raises an eyebrow. “Mmm-kay,” he replies, skeptically, just a little too confidently for my liking.

How does he do that? How is he one minute all shy and curious and the next cocky as ever? God, he drives me crazy! “Anyways—since there’s nothing to do but sleep, and we’re both not tired—you wanna play a game?”

My eyes immediately roll, my worries being forgotten for the time being. “Oh Lord, Justin, not again.”

“What?!” he exclaims, defensively. “This isn’t even a game where you can win!”

I tilt my head in doubt. “What kind of game is there where you can’t win?”

“The question game.”

“The question game?” I ask.

“Yeah, you know. Like twenty questions. You’ve heard of that, right?”

“Um, yeah.”

“Let’s play it!”

I immediately frown at him. “I don’t think that’s a very good idea.”

“Why not?”

“Well, because….” I trail off, a good answer failing to come to mind.

Damn.

“Come on, it’ll be fun,” he insists. “And I want to get to know more about you.”

Oh gosh, why do I have a bad feeling about this one? Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

Justin has oh-so-nicely mentioned here and there these past few weeks that we have been ‘hanging out’ that I need to chill out and have more fun now and again. He actually thinks I’m uptight. Can you believe that?

I am not uptight…but what does he know anyways?

“Fine. You go first.”



****



{Justin}

We’re sitting Indian-style across from each other now, and I grin as we’re about to start the game. I don’t know why I suddenly thought of this, but I think it’ll be a good way to get to know some valuable information about my little Ice-princess. “Okay, so I’m first…”

Chloe nods, confirming my statement. It’s so funny—she looks all anxious and nervous now. I think I’ll be nice and start it off easy for her. “So—do you think I’m hot?” I ask, wiggling my eyebrows.

Rolling her eyes, she gives me her dramatic, ‘what a dumb-ass question’ face. Damn, I swear her eyes are gonna roll back into her head one of these days! “What? Don’t roll your eyes at me woman! You have to answer!” I demand.

“Fine,” she huffs. “You’re...um…cute.”

I grin confidently. “I’ll take that as a yes.” I know it’s hard for the poor girl to admit that she wants me. “And don’t worry, I think you’re hot too,” I add, giving her a wink.

Heh—I made her blush.

“Yeah, yeah,” she quickly begins to brush off my comment, regardless of her flushed appearance. “Um—do you have any siblings?”

“Yes, I’ve got two younger half-brothers. What about you?”

“An older brother and a younger sister,” she replies.

“Cool,” I nod. I wanna ask something a little more interesting, but I think I’ll wait a few questions before I start getting too excited. “Hmm—what’s your favorite food?”

“Spaghetti.”

“Hey—me too.”

“Wow, we actually have something in common,” Chloe says. “Unbelievable!”

“Shad up,” I tease, tapping her leg. “It’s your turn.”

She smiles and rubs her chin for a moment. Finally, she asks me, “Um—so—do you have a big dick?”

Oh. My. Fucking. God!

My mouth is wide open in shock. Honestly. That did not just come out of her mouth! Chloe is a freaking prude and—and I was supposed to be the first one to ask a perverted question! I watch as she raises her eyebrows in anticipation of my response.

I quickly get a hold of myself and force out an answer, “Yes…yes I do,” I recover smoothly. “Huge, in fact.”

Chloe giggles and rolls her eyes. “Sure ya do.”

“Want me to prove it?” I ask her, my hands going down towards the button of my jeans.

“No!” she responds, forcefully.

Oh, okay, there’s my innocent Chloe back again. I smirk at her. “That’s what I thought.”

“Anyways,” she dismisses. “Your turn.”

“Do you ever masturbate?”

“Justin!” she shrieks, throwing the pillow she had resting on her lap at my chest. “That’s a very rude question to ask!”

Heh heh.

She sounds all reprimanding and stuff, and I can tell she’s completely embarrassed. I love to embarrass this girl. I mean, a lot of the time, she doesn’t fall for my shit, and she’ll give it to me good, but it’s funny when she gets like this. “Why?” I ask innocently. “You’re the one who started it.”

“Well, because, that’s none of your business.”

“But you agreed to play,” I argue.

Chloe’s eyes narrow at me. “Fine…yes.”

I can’t help the huge grin on my face that I have right now. Or those images of her naked, alone and—well doing you know what—coming to my head either. Maybe I don’t know her as well as I thought I did. “Wow, that’s sexy…”

“Whatever,” she replies. “And I already know you do it.”

I wink. “Hey, masturbation is very healthy for your body, you know?”

She ignores me. “Have you ever been in love?” she asks instead, eyeing me carefully.

I squirm a little under her gaze—and her question. Oh god, love? In love? Well yeah. Once. Twice. But I don’t like to… “Um, yeah.”

She looks sort of surprised. “Oh.”

“What about you?” I pry, brushing off her weird look. “You ever been in love?”

“No.”

“No?” I repeat, disbelievingly.

“I thought I was, but…it wasn’t what I thought.”

Yeah, she looks really uncomfortable all of asudden.

It’s not the embarrassed uncomfortable either, it’s more like…well I don’t know. Anyways, my point is that this is getting a little to deep for my liking as well. Definitely time to change the subject. “Did you like it when I kissed you last week?”

She bites her lip and shrugs. “It was nice.”

“Oh,” I frown at her response. Sometimes I hate how indifferent she can be. “Well…okay.”

“Why, what about you?”

“It was nice,” I agree, repeating her words. Hey—I’m not about to say it was some mind-fucking-blowing experience when she just went off and described it as ‘nice.’

I don’t even have to remind her that it’s her turn before she’s throwing another question my way. “Tell me, how do you honestly feel about me?”

I stare at her a moment. Her eyes are wide as she looks at me, awaiting my response. I sigh and reach out to touch her face. “I like you, Chloe. I like you a lot,” I whisper, sweetly.

She smiles and then at once, she’s doing something I have never, ever expected her to do. It all seems to happen in a flash, and before I know it, Chloe is suddenly on my lap and we’re kissing each other. My hands roam up her sides, as my mouth moves against her own. I’m honestly sort of in shock that I’m making out with her right now, but mostly I’m just horny…

God, she feels so good.

My tongue slides inside her mouth, and just as it does, her legs that are wrapped around my waist start to grip me even tighter. I feel one of her hands gently caressing my cheek, while the other is massaging my neck. Mmm…she knows how to fucking kiss, that’s for sure...

I wanna feel more of her skin.

I really need to.

And just as I’ve worked up enough courage to boldly slide my hands beneath her top, something suddenly stops me. Fuck, and it’s not Chloe either. God, how I wish it was her…but it’s not.

It’s—it's Chris’ voice.

Chris’ angry, loud voice.

“What the fuck is going on here?” I hear the question bang throughout my head.

Chloe immediately lets go of me. As we swiftly pull away from one another, I struggle to catch my breath. My heart is beating so fast, I think that my chest might explode…unfortunately; I know that this should be the least of my worries right now.

Yes…yes, definitely the least of my worries.

Because what Chris just witnessed right now, me kissing Chloe, me touching Chloe—Oh God, to put it simply—he’s going to fucking kill me.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story