A week had passed and Justin actually stayed out of my way. He didn't say a word to me which was very odd of him. I haven't seen Lucy since the vacation. She didn't even call which was very odd of her. Everything just seemed awkward around here. Chris was even in his room more often and he would only come out when it was time to eat.

On my way down the hall, I could hear the sound of music. It was coming from one of the rooms.

My eyes slowly focused in on the door that belong to Justin's room. What the hell could he have been doing?

I rested my ear against the door, listening closely. I could hear singing then music. If I had to guess, I would say it was the sound of a guitar. I decided to rest my shoulder against the door, not even realizing it was cracked open. And before I knew it, I was laying face first on the floor in his room. He sat there with this strange look on his face.

"You okay?" he stood up, rushing towards me.

"Um..." I stood up, brushing down my outfit. Words couldn't explain how embarrassed I was. I could actually feel my cheeks burning from blushing so hard. "Yeah. I'm fine." I looked up, peering in his eyes. For some reason, I thought he would've given me this look of attitude, but he didn't. Instead, that familiar smirk was plastered on his face as if he wanted to laugh, but didn't want to because if he did, he would've hurt my feelings.

"What were you doing?"

"Well..." should I tell the truth or lie my ass off? "I was...I was passing by and I guess I wasn't looking because all I could remember was tripping over Kyle's toy and...this is where I ended up." a soft chuckle escaped his lips. "Sorry. I'm gonna go now."

"No, no. Wait." he reached out, grasping my arm. "I want you to hear something. Here..." he pulled out a seat for me. "Have a seat. I was just..." I sat down, watching as he took a seat on the bed. "...working on this song for myself. It's..."

"You can sing too?" he nodded.

"Somethin' like that." he picked up his guitar and begin playing. "Feel free to let me know if something sounds off or..." I chuckled in response. "You know. Well, here it goes." he cleared his throat and begin singing. "Hop in the car and go with meee. You don't have tooo pack everything. Don't you wanna feel the breezeee? And forget everything, baby. Got laid off at your job todayyyy. You been working at this place for yearssss. And though you were under paiddd. Mami, that place isn't worth your tearssss no, no. I know the life is harddd on youuuu and you can't seem to find out whyyyy. I'll explain just grab your coattt, girl. And just join me on this rideeee. Let's take a rideee on the country sideeee. Let's just get awayyyy. We can spend the nightttt 'til the morning lightttt. Let's just get awayyyy, yeahhh." he paused, slowly lifting his head to gaze at me. "That's all I got so far. So..." he sat the guitar down. "...what do you think?"

"I..." truthfully, I had no idea what to say because for one I didn't think he had it in him. "I'm speechless." he broke out laughing.

"And is that a good or bad thing?"

"No, no. Definitely good. It was wonderful. I really didn't think you had that...you know? I didn't think you had that side in you..."

"I get what you're trying to say." he stood up, walking towards me. "I'm sure you have a clue who the song refers to." I sat there lost with words. I had no idea what he was trying to say.

"Umm..." he kneeled in front of me, never peeling his eyes off me. The way he looked at me begin to make me nervous so I had to think of something quick before something happened. "Maybe I should go. I have to go check on Kyle." she stood up, ambling towards the bedroom door.

"I'll see you at dinner." he stood up, watching as she departed the room, shutting it behind her.

What an awkward moment, she thought on her way down the hall.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story