Around eight o'clock that night, Beyonce decided to put Kyle to sleep. She stood over the crib, gazing down at him as he slept peacefully. She didn't understand how Seth could abandon such a beautiful child. His child. How could someone be so heartless?

A knock on the door woke her out of her thoughts. She quickly looked over her shoulder to gaze at the door. "Uh, one moment!" she tied her robe on her way to the door. As soon as she reached there, she yanked the door open, gazing at a familiar guy. "Justin?"

"Hey. Um..." he bit his lip in thought. "Are you busy?"

"I...I was just putting Kyle to sleep." he gazed at her figure, realizing she was only wearing a robe.

"I must've caught you at a bad time. I guess..."

"Was there something you wanted?" he looked away, hesitant to ask because for one, he knew their relationship wasn't on a friendship level.

"Can I talk to you?" she looked away, crossing her arms over her chest. What could he possibly want to talk about?

"About what? You got bored talking to Chris? Now you wanna come bother me?" a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

"It's not even like that. I just thought...maybe we could talk. You know, get to know each other a little better." she scrutinized his face, trying to read what was on his mind. For some reason, she had a feeling that he didn't just want to talk. He had to have something else in mind.

"What is this really about, Justin? Why do you wanna talk to me all of a sudden?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"I dunno. Maybe...you've gotten interesting all of a sudden. Damn. Why all of these questions? Just let me in so we can talk." he spoke in a playful tone.

"Excuse me?" she smirked, slowly standing aside and inviting him inside. "Come in." he entered the room, gazing around interestingly. "What do you wanna talk about?" she asked, taking a seat on the bed.

"You." he leaned against the dresser, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I wanna talk about you and this little...grudge you have on men. Why do you hate men so much?" I sat there in complete surprise.

"I beg your pardon? Who in the hell..."

"The way you look at me like you hate my guts. And you don't even know me so why...give off that impression that you dislike me?"

"You're right about one thing. I don't know you so why would I hate you? And you're wrong about the other because I love men. I'm not gay and I never will be. Dick is what makes the world go around for me, okay? So don't be assuming things. 'Cause when you do, you make an ass outta you." she spoke with attitude.

"Okay." he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm glad we got that out of the way. But I still think you hate me." I looked away, refusing to give him eye contact because he was right. For a change. Well in a way.

"You're sorta wrong. I hate that...nasty vibe you give off towards me. But you as a person is differently." he lowered his eyes at me. "I actually think you're cute." he stood there, never peeling his eyes off me. And I knew just what he was going to say about my comment. It was like I could read his mind.

"I think you're cute too." I knew he was going to say that. I just knew it. "You have a bad attitude though."

"Pish. Whatever." he took a seat beside me, leisurely looking away to gaze my direction. "So..." I began, having no clue what to say. Why did I have a feeling something was going to happen?

"Wow." he reached out, grasping her wrist in his hand. "I bought my girlfriend a bracelet sorta like this the day we broke up." I immediately gazed in his eyes. "She gave me back everything I ever bought her except for that. Haha." now I had to laugh because I thought it was hilarious. "Seth bought it, right?"

"Yeah." I answered, gazing at it. "I don't understand why he would all of a sudden buy me something so expensive. He never spends money on me."

"Hmm. That's ashamed." he gripped a portion of her hair, twirling a few strands around his finger. "Someone like you should get treated like the queen you are." now why did those words make my heart flutter? Was it because it was the first time hearing it come from a man? Well, the first time a man has said it to me. This was the type of stuff said in fairytales and so that was the reason why it was kind of hard for me to believe a word he said.

"..." a knock interrupted me before I was able to say anything. "Um, come in!!" the door crept open and someone I didn't expect peered in.

"Hey..." his smile slowly faded when he gazed in on Justin.

"Seth? What are you doing here?"


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story