Seth entered the room, sizing Justin up in questioning. And I already knew what he was going to say. And it wasn't going to be anything nice. "I'm gonna..." he stood up. "...leave you guys." I watched as he ambled towards the door with this urge to stop him because he was who I wanted to stay. Not Seth.

"Jus..." I began, hesitating for some apparent reason. Maybe for the fact that Seth was there. "Um, what are you doing here?" he shut the door behind him.

"Who was that guy? You seeing other people now?" he asked with a slight bit attitude.

"Excuse me?" I stood to my feet. "Who do you think you are showing up here like you own this place. You don't live here, okay? And first of all, it's none of your concern who he is. It's not like if he was my boyfriend you could do something about it. We're through, remember? Or do you have STD?"

"What?"

"Short term memory." he stood there, crossing his arms over his chest. "It's going on nine o'clock. What are you doing here? I was heading to bed." Justin stood by the bedroom door, eves dropping in on their conversation.

"I came to see you. AND the baby of coarse."

"Haha." he flashed me a confused look. "Now why am I having a hard time believing that. You know damn well why you came here. I'm not liking this one bit. First you abandon me and the baby for a whole nine months. You don't even show up during labor and birth. And now, two months later you come back with this expensive ass bracelet..." she yanked the bracelet off and threw it at him. "...that I won't accept. You can't buy my love, Seth. I'm not one of your...gold digging girlfriends. I don't want money and fancy shit. I wanna be loved and you're not giving me that. And that's the reason why we can't be together. So don't think showing up here at nine o'clock for some coochie is gonna work. Because it isn't." he stood there lost with words. "Now would you please leave." he kneeled down, picking up the bracelet from off the floor.

"I hope you know how expensive this is and how expensive it's gonna be to get it fixed." she rolled her eyes.

"Unbelievable. Is that the only thing you can think of? How expensive it's gonna be to get it fixed? Just get the hell outta my house. And if I have to repeat myself, I'm just gonna go talk to Chris and he'll make sure you leave." she threatened. "It's over, Seth. It's been over a long time ago. Now goodbye."

He stood there for a good long minute burning a hole into her. "All right, fine." he turned, pulling on the door. "You were never worth my time any way." he departed the room, shutting the door behind him. For some reason, those exact words brought tears to her eyes. She never understood what she ever did to end up with someone like him. She didn't deserve how he treated her. Especially after all the shit she'd been through with him.

She took a seat on the bed, holding her head down as the tears poured down her cheeks. She hated her life and the only reason why she was still up and running is because of Kyle. He was the reason why she was living.

A knock interrupted her out of her thoughts. "God damnit!" she stood up, quickly heading towards the door. "Didn't I tell you to leave?" she yanked the door open, coming face to face with Justin. "Oh..." she quickly wiped the tears from her eyes. "Um...what do you want? I...I should really be getting to bed." she sniffled, slowly lifting her head to peer in his eyes. He stood there with a concerned look on his face. And that was actually the first time she had ever seen him look that way.

"I was wrong about him. He's a complete jerk." a soft chuckle escaped her lips.

"It takes one to know one." she spat out. "Good night, Justin." she pushed in the door, but he held it open with his foot.

"You're right. It does and..." he invited himself in. "...at least I can admit that I was being a jerk. But what about mister Architect?" he asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "He's not a real man if he can't fess up to his wrong doing. That's one of the reasons why my African American girlfriend and I broke up. Because she thought that I was a softy just because I apologized every time we got into an argument. And she was wrong half the time, but she could never admit to it. The same for you women. It takes a real one to apologize and admit to their wrong doing. And she wasn't. She wasn't a real woman. But I can tell you something that you are." he paused, scrutinizing me closely. "You are. Especially if you put up with an asshole like that. And how long have you two been together? Maybe three or fours years?" he shook his head pathetically. "You deserve better." I stood there, refusing to shed a tear in his presence. But it was a little hard to.

"I have to..." I forcefully kept my emotions in. "I'm going to bed." he could hear the cry in her voice, knowing deep down that something wasn't right. "Lock the door behind you." she turned, climbing in bed and covering herself with the blanket. As soon as she shielded her face, she released everything bottled up inside her. As he stood there listening closely, he could hear her sobbing faintly. But was it right of him to leave her there in pain and sorrow? Because one thing he hated and that was seeing a woman cry.

But then again, she didn't seem like she wanted him there. Especially while she was in this condition. "Bee..." he hesitated. "You know you can talk to me. Whenever you're...in need of a shoulder to lean on or...maybe cry on. I'm here." he pulled the door open, taking a step out of the room. "I'll be in my room if you wanna talk." with that, he left the room, shutting the door behind him.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story