"Which one do you prefer?" Justin asked while holding up two different types of bologne. "Chicken or beef?"

"Both. Haha." she sat at the table as he prepared a sandwich for them. Quickly, their relationship begin to change dramatically. First from being enemies to friends.

"So, you want both bolognes for your sandwich?" she nodded with a smile. "All right. Maybe I'll try it too. It's always good to try new things." she watched as he spread a layer of mayonaise on a slice of bread. "You ever had mayo sandwiches?"

"Oh yeah. You ever had sugar water?" he broke out laughing.

"Hell yeah. A couple of times at that." she sat there, shaking her head pathetically.

"And what the hell do you know about sweet water and mayo sandwiches? A southern boy like you should..."

"That question is gonna earn you an ass whoopin'." he joked. "Nah, seriously...I learned from your cousin. Haha. You know he's so ghetto. He even smoke blunts with..." he trailed off, realizing he had blurted out the secret he told him not to tell her. "Uh, nevermind."

"Excuse me?" he quickly slapped her sandwich together and slid it in front of her. "My cousin smokes?"

"Would you like milk or juice with that?"

"Wh...no, no. I wanna know what you just said. What the hell did you just say?" he shook his head, never looking her direction.

"I said it was nothing. Just a little...miscommunication." he answered while squeezing mustard on his bread.

"Oh, so is that what you wanna call it?" he gazed at her, taking a bite out of his sandwich. "I can't believe he's smoking. He better not be doing that shit in my house. You tell me, is he smoking in my house! Is he?" he didn't want to lie to her because if he did and she found out the truth, it would've made him look bad. Not only that, it would've definitely ruined his chances of being with her. "Is he...smoking in my house? Now, I'm not gonna ask you again. I'm just gonna go ask him myself."

"All right." he looked away, chewing on his inner lip in thought. "Maybe he smoked a few cigarettes while he was here. But..."

"Oh my god. I knew it." she held her head down, still in a state of shock. "My cousin is a pot head. He's a..." he stood there, regretting ever telling her because he knew it would've started some drama between him and Chris.

"I wouldn't...exactly describe him as a pot head. He's..."

"Just...shut up. You both are...friggin' jerks! How could you guys keep something like this from me? It's one thing to go behind my back and smoke in my own god damn house. And it's another to lie about it." she stood up. "I know he's not smoking cigarettes. Not from the way his eyes look. Cigarettes do not make you look high. Drugs do."

"Bee..."

"Shut up. Don't...don't fucking talk to me." she turned, exiting the kitchen. From that moment, he knew things were going to get ugly. It was only a matter of time.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story