An hour had passed and that was the last time I saw or spoken to Chris and his ignorant friend. Justin had to be the most pathetic guy I've ever met. He's disrespectful towards women and I know for a fact, just by the way he treated me. He looked like the type of person who wanted people to wait for him hand and foot. Like some King. But not me. I would be a stupid fool to cater to someone like that.

After bathing Kyle and feeding him, I decided to take him downstairs to meet his cousin for the first time. We both sat on the sofa, putting all of our attention on him. And just by the look on Kyle's face, I could tell he wasn't familiar with Chris. He eyed him as if he was some Alien.

"Don't you think he's a little too...big for a two month old?" that familiar voice spoke behind me. I looked away, gazing at Justin who stood by the sofa with a hot dog in his hand and a soda in the other. "He's cute though. Looks nothing like you." he kneeled down, scrutinizing Kyle carefully. "This baby is just too cute to be yours. You sure you didn't adopt him or something?" Oh no he didn't. He didn't just try me like that.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked, trying hard not to go buck wild on his ass.

"He doesn't favor you. The only thing that looks like yours is his ears. The rest..." he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't see it."

"Well that's just too bad." I rolled my eyes, slowly peeling my eyes off him. "Any way...before we were rudely interrupted, Kyle was just getting to know his great cousin. Ain't that right, cutie? Haha." Justin took a seat on the opposite sofa, watching the three closely. "What's been going on in Memphis? You still doing your lil'...singing thing?"

"Well, yeah. But not too much like I used to. Justin here is writing my songs for me. He's great." the last person I wanted to talk about was him.

"How's Aunt Lucy?" I decided to hop on another subject. "She's still cooking and sellin' those chicken and fries at that store house? Haha, a lot of people used to talk about how good her cake was. Boy..." I shook my head as memories slowly came to mind. "...those were the days."

"Aunt Lucy died."

"What?" I sat there in total shock. "Wh..."

"She's been dead for a year now." Now I couldn't have been hearing correctly.

"How come I'm just now finding this out? Damn, Chris." I stood to my feet, angry as I don't know what. My aunt has been dead for a whole year and I'm just now finding this out. "Why didn't you call to tell me? God, this is like...am I even a part of this family? Normal, average people would call a relative when someone close to them has died."

"Obviously she wasn't too close to you if you're just now finding out she's been dead for a whole year." I slowly gazed his direction, never breaking a smile. He had pushed my buttons too far and now, I was gonna give him a piece of my mind.

"Was anybody talking to you? This is between me and my family. You could go jump off a bridge for all I care."

"See...I told you all fine women have nasty ass attitudes." he stood up, walking pass me towards the stair case.

"Excuse me? Nasty ass attitudes? The only person with the nasty ass attitude is you, white boy." he froze, slowly looking my direction with this evil look on his face. It had to be the evilest look I've ever seen. And it begin to make me a little nervous because, first of all--I didn't know him and I had no idea what he was capable of.

"White boy? Let me tell you something, tramp." he approached me. "If you have a problem with white people, you let me know. 'Cause I'm no different than you or anybody else in this fucked up world."

"Haha, well that's where you're mistaken. Because you are. You're rude, obnoxious and ill-mannered. You're disrespectful and I don't like you. Jerk." he sized me up with this disgusted look on his face. Might I add, looked cute in a way.

"Maybe if you pulled that stick out of your ass, you wouldn't look so stuck-up, which you are. Fucking..." he trailed off. "I don't even know why I'm wasting my time on you. You're not worth it."

"Pish. Whatever." he ambled back up the stairs, still muttering to himself.

"I feel so sorry for that kid. He's too cute to be stuck with some bitch like you for the rest of his life." Okay, if I didn't keep myself tamed, I would've kicked his ass. Literally kicked his ass.

"How could you let him talk to me that way?" I asked, turning around to face Chris who seemed to be out of it. He sat there in a daze and for some reason, his attitude begin to scare me. "Chris? You okay? Maybe you need to...rest or something." his eyelids hung lower. "You don't look too good. Why don't you go upstairs and sleep it off. I'll go cook something." he forcefully stood up, making his way up the stairs.

I ambled towards the kitchen to prepare a meal for me and Kyle. Oh yeah, and his ass-of-a friend.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story