That day around one, Lucy showed up and her and Beyonce decided to go out shopping. "I came over earlier but no one answered the door. So I left."

"Hmm. I thought I heard a knock. I must've been busy with Kyle." she knew the real reason why she didn't bother answering the door. For one, she was too upset to do anything. And she didn't want company over at the time while her, Justin and Chris were having their problems. "What are you cooking tonight? I was thinking about..." her phone interrupted her. "Damn." she grabbed it from out of her purse and turned it on. "Hello?"

"Bee? Hey. Um...you know who this is, right?" she definitely had a clue.

"Yeah. Why?" she scrutinized a pack of chicken thighs on sale. "Girl, they have chicken on sale this week." she spoke to Lucy.

"I was wondering if you were busy tonight." she gazed at Lucy who was in the seasoning aisle. "I sorta...had plans for us if you were up for it."

"Plans? Like what?" she sat a pack of drumsticks and thighs in her basket and proceeded towards Lucy.

"I was hoping I can take you out to dinner." she immediately froze. "You know, just to do something special for you. Since you've been working so hard and...oh I already have a babysitter for Kyle. So you don't have to worry about that."

"Excuse me? You think I'm gonna leave my baby with just anybody? You gotta be outta your mind. I'm sorry but..."

"Lucy agreed to watch him." she slowly locked eyes with Lucy who stood there shrugging her shoulders.

"Is there something I should know?" she asked her.

"Well...Justin asked if I could watch Kyle for the night because he wanted to take you out to dinner. He was gonna pay me and everything."

"Is that...true? You agreed to pay Lucy to watch Kyle?" there was a slight pause before anyone responded.

"Yeah. It's no big deal. So...what do you think? Do you wanna...do this or what? Just like I said, Kyle will be token care of. All you have to do is agree to meet me here at seven." she bit her lip as she thought hard about it. No one ever offered to take her out to dinner so this was something new to her. And she knew she would've been stupid to say no.

"All right. I'll go. Seven, right?"

"Yep. So, I'll see you then. Bye."

"Bye." she turned the phone off. "Hmm." she looked up, meeting eyes with Lucy's. "He's gonna take me out."

"Oh great! So that means you don't have to cook tonight. Haha." a smile slowly formed across her lips.

"I guess you're right." they both continued down the aisle.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story