After eating, they hopped back in the car and headed towards their destination. "It's nine ten. You wanna go somewhere else before we head back home? There's this huge beach I saw on our way here."

"That will be nice." she smiled, slowly gawking to the side to stare at him. "You treat all of your dates like this? You know...all high and mighty." he met eyes with hers.

"Only the ones that I really like." the look he gave her drove her up the wall. For some reason, she was feeling turned on. And maybe for the fact that she hadn't done it in a while.

"What do you mean really like? You pretend to like people?" he shook his head.

"No. There are just some women who I like as in...the friend type. And then there are the ones who I really like as in getting with. Like you for instance. Believe it or not, me and my friend girls hang out. We go places, clubbing or whatever. I don't have many though because...I've come to realize over the years that women can be real gold diggers."

"Ahaha. Yeah." he parked on the side of the road near the beach and turned the car off. "Here we are." she reached out for the door.

"Don't. I'll get it." he stepped out and walked over on the other side where she was located. "Watch your step." he grasped her hand, helping her out.

"Thank you." she thanked, following him towards the beach. "It's cool out here. Maybe..."

"Here." he removed his jacket, covering her with it. "Better?" she nodded, blushing slyly. "I can't remember the last time being here. I think it was probably...ten years ago."

"Why so long ago?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"I dunno. Maybe because I moved. Ahaha." she rolled her eyes mischievously. "Seriously, when I did have the time...I would go hang out with a few friends instead. The beach wasn't really my hang out spot. What about you? You and Seth come here? Well..."

"No. We...we hardly went places. I would be home most of the time while he was at work...drawing or sketching buildings. Whatever." he gazed at her. "He just didn't seem like the type to go out." he slowly gazed in on her wrist, realizing something was missing.

"What happened to the bracelet? The one that he bought you?" a soft chuckle escaped her lips.

"I gave it back." she froze, slowly turning to face the ocean. "I don't want anything to do with him. Except for Kyle. Kyle is my world. I can't go on without him. And I hate to admit, but that's the only reason why Seth and I will always be connected. Because of him."

"Yeah." he nodded, hesitantly wrapping his arm around her. "Believe it or not, things will turn out okay. Just have faith and believe." he assured. "You'll find mister right one day." she peered in his dark blue eyes, scrutinizing his face closely.

"What about you? Are you looking for misses right?" he gazed out at the ocean, chewing on his inner lip in thought.

"For a long time now. It just seems so...hard to find someone you can trust. I've been with women who only wanted me for money. Then I've been with some who didn't want money, but was too jealous. Like Shirley."

"Who's Shirley?" he shook his head.

"It's nothing." he kneeled down, picking up a seashell.

"Ever been in love?" he threw the shell, watching as it fell into the water.

"I maybe now." she looked away, crossing her arms over her chest. "Come on. There's one more place I wanna go before it gets too late." he grasped her hand, leading her towards the car.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story