During the first few minutes of their drive home, there wasn't a word spoken between the two. That woman at the club kept running through her head. She had to know who it was.

He made a stop at the light, tapping his fingers on the stick shift. "Um...that woman..." she began. "Who was she?" he quickly pulled off when the light changed.

"Nobody. Just...an old friend." she looked away, putting her focus on the road. She knew better, and an old friend wouldn't be concerned about the woman he was with.

"Why was she interested in knowing who I was?" he made an instant turn at a stop sign. "She looked like she really..."

"All right. Maybe she was more than a friend." he interrupted. "It doesn't matter now. What she and I had is in the past. It's over and done with. Now can we move on? Or do you wanna know more about us?"

"I wanna know what happened." he stopped at another red light. "Please." he looked down, gazing at her hand that was positioned on top of his.

"Um..." he hesitated. "Well...we met at my cousin's funeral. She somehow...knew him for years and she came to pay her respect. We started talking and we even decided to start seeing each other. Six months into the relationship she started getting calls from men. Asking for her and where she was. So I decided to confront her about it one day and she lied of coarse. Then weeks later, a guy showed up with an envelope. And not just any ole' guy. A doctor. So..." he pulled off. "When she got home, I gave her the envelope and what do you know? I catch her crying in the bathroom. So, you know me. Being concerned and all...I asked and you know what she said? She's HIV positive." her eyes lit up in shock.

"Oh my god." she covered her mouth, still in a state of fright.

"Yep." they finally made it back to the house. He parked in the drive way and turned the car off. They both sat there in silence as thoughts wandered their minds. She had to ask. Especially if this was the guy she wanted to be with.

"You slept with her?" he slowly gazed her direction to stare at her.

"Yeah. With protection of coarse. But being me, I had to be on the safe side. So I went to go get an AIDS test any way. I was lucky, because the results came back negative." She sighed in relief.

"Hey." she reached out, placing her hand on the back of his neck. "I'm sorry." he watched closely as she leaned in, slowly placing a soft kiss on his lips. He searched her face for a sign before going any further. And within seconds, they were sharing an intimate kiss.

"Bee?" he broke away. "Why don't we...go inside." they stepped out and headed towards the house. As soon as she stepped foot inside, a strong aroma had caught her attention.

"What the hell is that smell?" she could've guessed it smelled like someone was smoking. "Chris!!!!" she shouted.

"No...I'll handle it." he assured.

"No." she followed him up the stairs. "I can't believe he's smoking in my house again." she brushed pass him, quickly yanking the door open. Her eyes instantly zoomed in on Chris who laid sprawled out in bed. The room was filled with smoke thick as clouds. "What the fuck are you doing?!!" she yelled. "Chris?" she rushed towards him. "Chris?!" he leisurely fluttered his eyes open to gaze at her. "What are you doing? Why are you smoking in my house? Are you crazy? There's a baby here!!"

"Hmm." he sat up, rubbing his red, swollen eyes. "What's going on?"

"My god." she ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. "He's completely out of it."

"Bee..." Justin began.

"You know what? I want you out. Now." she ambled towards the door. "I'm tired of going through this. Leave Chris. And when I come back, your ass better be gone." she departed the room, slamming the door behind her.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story