Justin laid next to Beyonce, comforting her as she continued shedding a few tears. "You have to stop this. You're gonna kill yourself if you keep it up." he assured. "You still have someone to live for. What about Kyle? He needs you right now."

"Why does he have to be a jerk?" she sat up, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Doesn't he realize he don't have much time left?"

"I know. Some people just don't care." he replied, continously running his fingers through her hair. She laid there, gazing up at the ceiling as thoughts wandered her mind. "Are you going to his funeral? You know, when it's time."

"I don't know. I don't know what I should do." she rolled over on her side to face him. "I'm not a bad person by not going to his funeral, am I?" he shook his head.

"Of coarse not. Some people don't go because they can't handle the fact that they've lost a loved one." she bit her lip in thought. "So, you're not gonna go? No one's gonna hate you if you don't go." she met eyes with his.

"There's something I should tell you" he noticed how fast her face expression changed.

"What is it?" she laid back on her back, hesitating to continue. "You okay?" she shook her head as the tears slowly formed in her eyes.

"I don't know." she spoke, clearing the lump in her throat. "I just...ahem, I could never build up the courage to tell anyone." she sniffled, gradually wiping the tears from her eyes. "I feel that I should tell you since...you're the only person here. Haha." a soft chuckle escaped her lips. "I dunno. Seriously..." she sat up, resting her back against the headboard. "I've realized that keeping it to myself hasn't gotten me anywhere, so that's why I'm gonna finally...put all of my worries aside and just come out and tell you."

"Okay." he sat there, waiting patiently for her to continue.

"Um...a long, long time ago when I was about five..." she paused. "My mom hooked up with this guy, who...might I add is in jail now. Any way, he seemed like your average boyfriend, you know? He was nice, caring, sharing...well mannered. But he just had to be too good to be true. One night...this was when my sister wasn't even thought of. She's eighteen now. Any way, one night...my mom left him in charge to watch me while she went out shopping for the house. So, I was in the room coloring in my book that I got for a birthday present. Talk about being poor." he chuckled in response. "Any way, George came in my room. He said that he wanted to watch and see how I was doing. So, he stayed in there with me for a few minutes and..." she trailed off as the tears slowly begin to take over her. "He...he said that I should take a shower before my mom had gotten back home. So..." she held her head down, sobbing faintly. "I did and..."

"What did he do to you?" he asked in concern.

"He..." she sniffled. "He raped me." his eyes lit up in shock.

"He what?"

"He told me to never tell anyone, because if I did...he would hurt me. And...I just can't believe I kept it to myself all these years. No one knows but you and I."

"Why didn't you tell anyone? Do you realize something like this can scar you for life?" she nodded.

"Yes." she cried. "I know and...I was gonna tell when I found out he was arrested for drug abuse, but I couldn't for some reason. Whenever I got close to telling my mom, it just wouldn't come out. I dunno. I guess I felt ashamed of myself for letting him do that to me. I could've stopped it. I could've done anything but I didn't and that's why I give men a hard time. Because of him." he looked away, still in a state of shock. "He gave me that impression that all men were bad."

"You should've told someone. You shouldn't have kept something like this to yourself." he gazed at her, her face drenched in tears. "I'm sorry you had to experience something like that. And I'm sorry that he made you believe that all men were bad. Someone like him shouldn't even be considered a human being." he reached out, grasping her hand in his. "Come here." he wrapped his arms around her. "I'm really sorry." he apologized once more. "Everything's gonna be okay. You have to try and let that go. I know it's hard to, but...that's the only way it will help you move on. Okay?" she nodded meekly.

"Yeah."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story