The following morning, Justin decided to surprise Beyonce with breakfast in bed. He entered the room with a tray of food in his hands. He sat the tray beside her laying body, scrutinzing her closely. She remained sleep, resting peaceful. And he hated to wake her, but he didn't want the food to get cold.

He leaned in, placing a kiss on her cheeks. She slowly fluttered her eyes open, peering in his. "Hey." she moaned softly, leisurely sitting up and resting her back against the headboard. "I made breakfast." he sat the tray on her lap. She gazed at the food in disgust. For some reason, she felt sick and had no appetite to eat. "What's wrong?"

"I..." she ran her fingers through her hair. "I don't feel too good. I'm sorry." he removed the tray, sitting it on the beside dresser.

"What's wrong?" he asked, brushing her cheek delicately with the tip of his thumb. She shook her head, unsure herself.

"I don't know. I just...I haven't been feeling myself lately. I lost my appetite. I...believe or not, but I missed my period by a few days and...I just don't know what to think." he held a confused look.

"So what are you...trying to say?" she looked away, slowly feeling the urge to shed a few tears. "You think you're pregnant?" she nodded, quickly wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Yeah." she cried. "I know so." she sniffled inaudibly.

"Okay, well...this should be a good thing. I mean, we've been working on this for a long time now." she sobbed faintly. "I thought this would make you happy. Why are you crying?"

"I am happy. I'm..." she sniffled. "I'm real happy." he smiled sweetly.

"So these are happy tears?" he reached out, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I can't believe you're pregnant." she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Yeah well that's just more drama. You better hope this one is not a girl."

"I'm hoping for a boy, but...it really doesn't matter. As long as the baby is healthy." she covered her mouth in disgust. "What's..." he watched as she hopped out of bed, quickly running in the bathroom. She kneeled over the toilet stool, disgorging all of her fluids.

"Ugh." she reached out, flushing the toilet.

"You okay?" she stood up, turning on the faucet and splashing her face with cool water.

"What do you think? I feel disgusted." she departed the bathroom, discarding her bra and underwear. "I'm gonna take a quick shower. Oh and um..." she pecked him on the cheek. "Thanks for breakfast. I'm sorry I couldn't..."

"It's okay." he took a seat on the bed. "I'll um...I'll just go put this up." he grabbed the tray, ambling towards the door.

"Baby?" he froze, leisurely turning to face her. "I don't mean to act pushy and...disgusted. I'm just...going through a faze right now and I just need you to be supportive." he nodded.

"I know. It's a woman thing." she giggled softly. "I'm gonna go put this up."

"Okay." he left the room. On his way down the stairs, his doorbell went off. "Damnit." he sat the tray down, quickly approaching the door. He unbarred the door and yanked it open. To his surprise, it was his long lost friend from high school.

"Justin? Justinnnn!!!" she spoke excitedly, quickly hopping on him. He stood there in complete shock. And before he knew it, his bodyguard came running out moments later. The woman hopped off him, still in a state of surprise. "I can't believe it's you." he flashed her an odd look.

"Do I...know you?"

"Is everything okay in here?" the bodyguard asked in concern.

"Ummm, I think." he answered, unsure himself.

"You don't remember me? Lil' Jessica from sixth grade. The girl who had the major crush on you." he shook his head.

"No, I'm sorry. I...I don't remem..."

"I was your partner for our science project. I was the reason why we got an A. Remember you kept joking around and you wouldn't..." his eyes lit up in surprise.

"Yeah. I remember you now. I remember kicking you off my property after you tried conning yourself into my life. Gary...please do the honors."

"No, no. Wait, I can even prove it. See..." she quickly pulled out a picture from her purse and handed it to him. "There. Just...look at it." he scrutinized the picture closely. "That's you and me when we were in sixth grade."

"Hmm." he glanced back and forth at her and the picture, slowly realizing it was her and him. But why didn't he remember her?

"Oh..." was all he managed to say. "I'm sorry. I...I don't remember. What's your name?"

"Jessica. But you used to call me Jessie. I...liked Jessie better." she spoke teasingly.

"Okay." he nodded interestingly. "Well um...why don't you come in, Jessie and...have a seat. I want you to meet someone any way." she followed him in the living room. "Have a seat. Babe?!" he shouted. "She'll be down in a minute."

"She?" she asked in confusion.

"Yeah. My fiancé." she flashed a surprised look. Beyonce ambled down the stairs wearing her robe.

"What in the world is wrong with you? Screaming like a..." she trailed off, meeting eyes with Jessica. "Oh...I wasn't aware that we had company."

"I wanted you to meet someone. An old...very old friend of mines. Jessie...meet my wife, I mean...Beyonce, my fiancé." he corrected.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." she stood up, extending her hand out to shake hers.

"You too." Bee responded, shaking her hand in response. The three of them stood there, eying one another. For some reason, this was a very awkward moment for her because she had no idea he was engaged. Her plans were to come there for one thing and one thing only.

Him.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story