Justin led Jessica out on the back patio where the pool and Jacuzzi was located. "And this is the...pool. It goes up to twelve feet. The Jacuzzi...you can change the temperature in here." he pointed. "There are these kick ass buttons on the side of the wall...water proof and all. So you don't have to be worrying about getting up everytime just to go change the temperature whenever it's...too hot or...too cold." he met eyes with hers. "So, what do you think?" she nodded interestingly.

"I'm impressed. Really. I...didn't know you would get this far. Not that I'm saying...you know." he chuckled, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I know what you mean." he kept his eyes on their surroundings. "What about you? What are you doing now-a-days?" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Nothing much. Going to college part time."

"Oh really? What are you taking up?" he asked interestingly.

"Uhhh, journalism. I wanna be a writer." his eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Wow. You don't...look like the type." he spoke, eying her figure. "What's that?" he referred to the tattoo on her inner wrist.

"Uhh..." she quickly concealed it with her sleeve. "Nothing." he lowered his eyes at her, knowing that she was hiding something.

"Oh come on. Can I see?" she shook her head. "Please."

"No."

"And why?" she turned, facing her back to him. "Is it...a sexual icon or something? Ahaha." she chuckled softly.

"No. It's..." she paused. "It's old and I was...young; stupid and confused when I got it."

"Can I?" he gripped her arm, slowly turning her to face him. "It shouldn't be that bad." he twirled her arm to the opposite side, gazing at a tattoo with the name 'Kitty' engraved on her wrist. "Kitty?" he lifted his head to gaze in her eyes. "Who's Kitty?" she shook her head.

"No one. Just...a big mistake. That's all." she looked away, gazing out at his pool "You have a very big...beautiful house, Justin. I'm really happy for you. You...deserve this, I'm sure." he smiled warmly.

"Thank you. I worked hard to get where I'm at. And I'm gonna continue working hard to keep a roof over my family's head. I love them too death." she nodded, never peeling her eyes off the crystal clear water in the pool. "I know your intentions weren't to come...catch up on old times." she leisurely met eyes with his. "What's the real reason why you're here?" she had a feeling he knew the reason why. He just wanted to hear it come from her mouth.

"Maybe I should...go." she turned, ambling towards the sliding door. "It was a mistake. Coming here and..."

"Jessie?" he called, following her inside the house. "Jess?"

"It was nice meeting everyone, but...I have to be on my way now." she departed the house, quickly ambling towards her car.

"Kitty's your girlfriend, isn't it?" he spoke, stepping out on his porch. "You're bisexual."

"Was..." she turned to face him. "...bisexual." she corrected. "Just like I said, it was a mistake." she sat in her car, conveying it to life.

"So why did you come here? You want money?" she flashed him an offensive look. "I mean, for the past decade...you haven't called or had any interest in coming to see me. But now, all of a sudden...when I've gotten a record deal, you show up. There must be something you want." she stepped out of the car, slamming the door behind her.

"Don't you dare try and flip the script." she pointed to him. "You said you would come for me. Sixth grade, last day of school." her voice cracked from the tears controlling her. "You lied. You lied to me. And..." she sniffled inaudibly. "Year after year, I cried and...hoped you would come but you didn't. Now, you're standing here pretending like you never knew me. How could you forget me? How could you forget someone you liked at one point in time? We were best friends. Do you even remember?" he looked away, feeling down all of a sudden because he remembered saying those words to her.

"I...I tried finding you..."

"Don't..." he peered in her teary eyes. "Don't lie to me. You never went looking for me, because if you did...you would've knew that I never moved. I'm still in that same house you used to hang out at. I still sleep in that same bed we made out in."

"Jessie..." he was completely lost with words. "I...I don't know what to say. What do you want me to do? You want me to drop my family and come with you? Is that what you want?"

"No!" she snapped. "What I want is my friend back. The one who cared about me."

"It's...kinda hard to care about someone who's trying to force you into dropping everything and catering to their needs." she returned a confused look. "Oh, so now you're lost? Maybe that's the reason why I didn't come back. You were too bossy and mean towards me. And yeah, I remember the good times we've had but do you even realize how old we were. I was eleven and you were ten. We were too...sixth graders. Two kids in puppy love. It was nothing serious. But now is different, and I refuse to stand here and let you boss me around anymore."

"I...I hate you." she spoke with tears in her eyes.

"Yeah well...I hate you too." she sat back in her car, slamming the door afterwards. "Wait. Jessie..." he reached in, turning off the ignition. "Maybe we got off on the wrong foot." she watched as he yanked on her door, pulling it open. "Come on." he held his hand out for her. She stepped out, following him towards the house. "You wanna join us for dinner? I'm cooking spaghetti with...garlic bread. Mmmm." she giggled softly.

"I didn't know you could cook."

"Well there are a lot of things you don't know about me. Damn!" he tugged her closer to him. "I can't believe you were a lesbian." he whispered.

"Oh shut up." she slapped him on the arm mischievously.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story