The following morning, I decided to take Kyle for a stroll in the park. On my way out the door, I was stopped by Justin. He seemed to be in an energetic mood from the way he moved around the place. "Going somewhere?"

"I think that pretty much looks obvious from here." he lowered his eyes at me, flashing me a serious look. Something I was already familiar with. He gazed around, checking us out.

"Going for a walk? Mind if I join?" Just great. I try to get away from him, now look what happens. He somehow finds me.

"Knock yourself out." I turned, strolling Kyle out the door and down the sidewalk that led towards the park three blocks away. Why all of a sudden, he wanted to hang out with me? Especially after the way he treated me the other day.

"Was that your boyfriend who came over last night?"

"Maybe. Why?" he shrugged his shoulders while stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Just wondering." I slowly gawked to the side to stare at him. He wore this calm, peaceful look on his face as if he was at ease. And this definitely wasn't the side I've seen yesterday. "We spoke briefly on his way out the door."

"Oh really?" now this seemed interesting. "About what?"

"Well...he was just telling me that you guys have been going out for a few years now. And that he cares for you and shit like that." he looked away, peering in my eyes. "Seems like a pretty nice guy. Why did you guys break up?"

"Ha." the nerve of him to get all up in my business. "Why would you ask if he's my boyfriend if you knew already?" a smirk slowly formed across his lips. "That's just like you men to try and pretend like you know a thing." I looked away, putting my focus back on our surroundings. "If you must know, Seth and I have been through a lot of shit. He's just like you. He doesn't care about the people he hurt."

"Excuse me? That's not true. I do care about people's feelings. You're just too stuck up to even see that."

"Oh...so is this the reason why you wanted to walk with me? So you can start a fight with me again?" he sighed heavily, nibbling on his bottom lip in thought.

"No. That's not why I asked to join you. I didn't know you were the type of chick who dates all races. You know, being that your ex was white. I was starting to think you were...kinda racist. But..." he licked his lips, quickly trailing his eyes down my figure. "I guess I was wrong. I wanna apologize for that. For...assuming things." was he actually serious?

"Wow. I didn't think...you were apologetic." he chuckled softly.

"Well yeah. I have a heart whether you want to believe it or not." we had finally made it to the park and took a seat on a nearby bench. "I dated a black girl once. Might I add, was the worse relationship I've ever been in. And my recent one."

"You guys just broke up?" he nodded while intertwining his fingers together.

"Yeah. She ended up being one of those controlling chicks. I just couldn't deal with that. But it lasted for a little over a year though."

"Really? Wow. You don't look like the type who would date a black girl. Well...sorta." he bit his lip, never peeling his eyes off me. I happened to lock eyes with his, realizing he was hawking me down as if I was his prey. This sort of threw me off because I wasn't expecting him to be looking at me. "What?" he quickly shook his head.

"Nothing." he looked away, gazing around in thought. "You would never consider going out with a guy like me, huh?"

"Pish. Yeah right." he gazed at me with this questioning look on his face.

"What's wrong with me? I think I'm a pretty decent guy." I shook my head, disagreeing with him.

"Well I don't. How do I know this isn't your way of trying to sweet talk me into bed? You think we're friends now? Especially after you disrespected me in my own house yesterday? Haha." I stood up, proceeding further in the park with Kyle. "Try again."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story