When they made it home, she decided to hop in the shower. Justin on the other hand went to visit the gym for a few minutes to blow off some steam. "How does he expect this to work if he's throwing surprises in my face all the time?" Beyonce spoke on the phone while departing the bathroom. "It's not right and...people in love don't do things like that."

"Yeah." she looked away to gaze at Justin. "People in love understands their partners' problems and they try to work them out." she looked away, resting her hand on her hip.

"Let me call you back. Mmm hmm. Yeah." she turned the phone off.

"Having fun discussing our problems to your friend? How would you feel if I went and told all my homeboys about the things we do in the bedroom? Hmm? Would that make you want to marry me even more?"

"Oh...fuck you, okay? This is all your fault." she pointed to him.

"All my fault? What's all my fault?" she shook her head pathetically.

"Oh, so now you wanna play dumb with me? You know what the hell I'm talking about. If it wasn't for you and this...big tour we wouldn't be in this position right now."

"Oh really? Well you're lucky I even told you. 'Cause I could've just left without a notice while you're...stuck here wondering what the hell happened to me."

"Oh!" her eyes lit up. "So you would do something like that to me? Huh?"

"No!" he snapped. "I won't! And that's why I told you." he spoke in frustration.

"Well thanks for telling me, but that still doesn't make things better between us." she went through her drawer for a pair of underwear.

"How did you know I was...bachelor of the year? At one point in time." she gawked to the side to gaze at him.

"You are my fiancé, right? I probably was the first person to know. Besides the network who...promoted you to bachelor of the year." she slipped on a pair of underwear. "I just can't believe you didn't tell me. I had to find out from the network. And they even offered you to keep the position if you called the engagement off."

"And I told them no."

"You sure about that?" she tossed a magazine at him. "I'm so glad this whole...tour thing came up, because it gave me a chance to mention that to you. I thought you would have common sense to talk to me about it, but you didn't. Silly ole me for thinking that." he stood there, scanning the paragraphs in the magazine, all of a sudden feeling this rush of heat spread throughout his body.

"I don't know what this is."

"Just...shut up. I'm tired of your excuses. They're starting to get old."

"Well it's not an excuse. It's the truth. I have no idea what this is. I specifically told them that I was gonna keep the engagement. They must've...took it the wrong way."

"Well that's convenient. How could they take it the wrong way? Do you even remember what you said to them?"

"Yes! That's a...stupid question to ask. If you don't believe me, then...I really don't know what to say. Why would I lie to you?" she shrugged her shoulders.

"I dunno." he tossed the book aside and approached her.

"Listen to me..." he reached out, grasping her waist. "I had nothing...nothing to do with this. You hear me?" she peered in his eyes. "You have to trust me. What's the use of having a relationship if you're not gonna trust me?" she looked away, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I do. I just..." she paused. "Maybe I need some rest." she climbed in bed, covering herself with the sheets. "It's been a long day."

"All right um..." he scratched his irritant chin. "We really need to finish this, so...just let me know when you feel like talking." he pulled the door open and departed the room. On his way down the hall, the doorbell went off. He quickly jogged down the stairs and towards the front door. "Who is it?!" he shouted, peering in the peep hole. To his surprise, it was Seth. Him, himself and himself only.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story