Later on that day, I decided to invite a friend over to chill. Lucy was a girl I knew since highschool. Ever since then, we kept in contact. Calling each other and hanging out.

We both sat in the living room talking and watching television. She was telling me about her new boyfriend and such and such. "You have to meet him. I told him about you too. So he's looking forward to meeting you as well."

"Hmm." I sat back, resting my feet on the coffee table. "He sounds too good to be true. Like Seth for instance. He's good looking and rich. Men like that you just can't trust." Justin entered the living room, taking a seat on the opposite sofa from theirs. I sat there watching as he put all of his attention on the television. And the odd thing about it was that he didn't even look my way once since he'd been sitting there. He completely pretended as if I wasn't there.

"Ooh. Who's your friend over there?" Lucy whispered. But what she didn't know was that he heard every word she said.

"I'm Justin." he introduced while extending his hand out to shake hers. "Please to meet you." I lowered my eyes at him, noticing how courteous and nice he was towards her. She shook his hand in response, flashing him a huge smile.

"Lucy. Bee never told me she had a friend named Justin."

"That's because he isn't my friend. He came here with Chris." he took a moment to scrutinize me before saying a word. I already knew he had something smart to say which was something I was waiting for. That way, I'd have a reason to kick him out.

"She never told me she had a beautiful friend like you." he flirted. "How long have you been friends?"

"Ummm, 'bout eight years now. We knew each other since high school. Ninth grade year." he nodded interestingly.

"Chris and I knew each other 'bout that long. But I'm just now getting to meet his cousin." he spoke, glancing at me. "How old are you? If you don't mind me asking." this whole thing was starting to get to me. I didn't appreciate how rude he was towards me when we first met. But then ends up being nice towards my friend. I had a feeling he was just trying to get me jealous. But why?

"I'm gonna go get a drink." they both watched as I left their sight. "What a jerk." I mumbled on my way towards the kitchen.

Hours later, Lucy had finally decided to leave. It was going on nine o'clock and I still hadn't token a bath. After putting Kyle to sleep, I prepared a tub full of nice warm water. I carefully sunk in, tilting my head back in pleasure. What a relief. This was exactly what I needed. A nice warm bath to relax my nerves.

As I sat here thinking about a few things, Justin had popped up in my head. He was very handsome, but he had this cocky ass attitude. As if he was too good for anybody. And lately, whenever I look over my shoulder he would be there. Like he was following me or something. It just felt as if he was watching me. Then come to think about it, why would he be watching me any way. He hates me.

Then again, if he really hated me. Why would he ask that question about me considering him as a boyfriend?

Just thinking about all of it started to give me a headache. I needed to get away. Maybe take a nice long vacation. Because lately I've been feeling stressed and tired.

And that's exactly what I was gonna do. Take a nice vacation


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story