Author's Chapter Notes:

Against my better judgment, I have started the cycle again!

For me this is a new style of story. As always thanks to Mayra for being the beta (or my test dummy for my crazy ideas!) Love ya girl!

So, here we go again!

 

Everyone has a different perspective on how they want their life to end up. There are things that we set ourselves up for, hoping that one day, that one dream can be accomplished. For Adilyn Michaels, she was already living her dream.

Her entire life consisted of one thing, music. She lived for the power of music. With her hand wrapped around the steel of a microphone, she was at peace. Words flowed from her throat and roared throughout a venue, coming back to her, it covered her body with goosebumps every time.

When she was offered a job that let her enjoy just that, she took it without hesitance. She wasn't the person that held the weight of a tour on her shoulders. She wasn't the person that had photoshoot after photoshoot. She didn't have to do any promotion. Being the backup singer for one of the biggest entertainers in the business, she was able to just step on stage and sing. She got to tour around the globe, performing for thousands, even millions but got to do it from a different view and was able to simply enjoy every moment of just singing.

But that all changed.

Everything changed in the blink of an eye. She never for a moment thought she would have to give up her dream job. She never thought she would be here, ever doing this, alone. It was something she always thought she would be sharing with a husband, who she was madly in love with and they had been married for years, counting down the days until that fateful joyous day. But instead, she was here, alone.

Her life was a little bit of a mess and chaotic at times; however, it was what she wanted. But that was nine months ago and counting down the days had more of a negative connotation than a happy one. That inevitable day seemed more daunting than enjoyable.

Now, now a new journey was about to start.

That day was now upon her.

 

 

"PUSHHHH" the doctor bellowed, "I can see the head, pushhh!"

Adilyn's nurse, Julie, watched her push again, throwing her head back on the pillow in frustration. The tears rolled down her face. "You can do this Adilyn." Julie had been at her side since she arrived at the hospital late last night. She caressed the side of her hand, and gripped it tightly. "You can do this." She continued to encourage her.

Strong willed and straight forward, Adilyn was determined not only was she going to be okay, she believed she was going to handle this with grace and poise, holding her head high in the process. But when her water broke late in the evening, with no one to call, with no one to help, she drove herself the twelve miles it took to get to Cedars Sinai. Her doubts and fears weighed heavy on her heart as the miles got closer to the hospital. The fear triumphed over her entire emotion; it was supposed to be a joyous occasion.

 

Admitting she needed help from someone had been a challenge for her, her entire life. Trey has always been the one person she let her guard down with. He was a friend that she held with the highest level of respect. He was her family. He was the person that never let her down. 

She was about to add another person to her short list of family members.

This day came three weeks earlier than expected, leaving her to do this, just her, alone with her panic and her fear. The one person that she'd counted on being there promised he would drop whatever he was doing and be there for this moment, was out of town.

 

               

"I can't do this..." she mumbled flooding her eyes with tears yet again. "I thought I could... but I can't."

Julie grabbed her hand, "Adilyn... you can do this." squeezing it tighter, "You can do this. You're just moments away from seeing your beautiful bundle of joy!"

 

Bundle of Joy.

Not the choice of words she would've used.

 

Everything she thought she was, everything she thought she could do in her life, changed in one night. Everything she loved in the world was gone, in one night.

 

"Congratulations!" The doctor looked up at her, "It's a boy!"

 

Chapter End Notes:
So... tell me what you think :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story