Author's Chapter Notes:
:) Thanks for all your kind reviews!
 

 

Timing. Timing was everything.

Adilyn was a firm believer of when something was supposed to happen, it would in time. She believed that with every decision made, it was another piece of a plan already in place. In the moment of heartache or happiness, the reasons are unknown, but there was always a reason. The timing had to be perfect for each puzzle piece of her life to come together.

Her entire life had been compiled of pieces she didn't understand but she knew somehow all the heartaches, the let downs, the happiness and the joys had led her to this place in her life. Her happiness and joy outweighed the heartache of her downs.

 

Adilyn watched as her son bounced around the back yard with Ella. That little spring in his step, that smile across his face, that simple kind of happiness was exactly what she needed to see. He was all she needed.

She gazed out at Jaxon, as he picked up the ball and threw it as far as his little arm could throw, spreading a shocked look of excitement across his face when he saw how far he actually made it go. "I did it. I did it!!" He yelled jumping up in down with excitement. His proud moment, made everything about this day okay.

            He was the piece of her life that she was most proud of. How he came to her, didn't matter. He was the piece of her that would always be perfect.

Ella walked towards the glass, picking up the ball Jaxon had thrown and tossing it back to him before sliding open the glass. "Hey..." She said confused. "You're home early."

"Yea, we finished the demo." Adilyn said in a short response.

Ella could sense that there was something wrong, but knowing how Adi would react, she tried to talk to her without prying too much "...Well Jaxon and I are going to get lunch, you wanna come?" Ella watched as Adi began to shut down again. It had been a while since she had seen her like this but she knew that it was exactly what she was doing.

"No. It's okay." Adilyn walked through the kitchen, picking up her bottle of water, squeezing it in her hand, crackling the plastic, her nervous habit that Ella knew too well.

"We can bring you something back? Have you eaten anything yet?" Ella peaked out the door at Jaxon, tossing the ball through the yard.

"I'm good. I'm gonna go take a nap." She expressed, trying to convince her friend there was nothing wrong. "It was a long morning in the studio."

"Adi, I'm a great listener..." She offered.

"I'm okay..." She lied. "Everything is just as it should be."

"That's not so convincing..." She said without thinking, "Remember that I'm always here, I'm always here."

 

Adilyn cringed at the idea that she had to be with someone to be happy. She couldn't lie, there was the want for companionship with someone but she didn't need someone. "I'm okay with just being that little guy's mom." She pointed out the door at her precious little boy, "I don't need to be someone's girlfriend or wife..."

Ella raised her eyebrows, perching her lips, listening to her friend gibber words as if she really believed them. "Adi... I'm not sure if you are trying to convince me or yourself of what you really want."

            Throwing her arms into the air, she walked into her bedroom, shutting the door behind her. She was frustrated with everyone and this was the best option she had at the moment.

Lowering the blinds to the floor, crawling into a cold, empty bed, she felt the weight of the world on her chest. He cancelled on me, yet I'm the bad guy. She thought shaking her head.

Her insecurities began to set in. He knew nothing about me, yet still didn't want me.

            She buried her head in the pillow, covering her head with the blankets. She was going to sleep, and then awake with a new outlook. Or at least she hoped she would.

 

 

####

 

 

"GET UP!" Trey forcefully roared through her bedroom, waking her from a not-so-sound sleep. She leaned up enough to make sure it was him, rolled to the other side of the bed, covering her face again. "Get your ass up." He bellowed again, but this time he was ripping the covers off her head and sitting next to her on the bed.

 

Adilyn sat up slowly, staring at the lines in the fabric of her sheets. Each thread, leading to another, wrapping together to become one large piece of material. Her fingers grazed over each one, "I..." her words began to break.

 

"Talk to me Adi." Trey pleaded, taking her hand into his, "Tell me what you're going through... this is deeper than today with Justin..."

"That's done." She shook her head, continuing to stare at the sheets. "Don't worry about it."

"Adi..." his voice broke as he thought back to the moment both of their lives changed. "I shouldn't have... that one night changed..."

"Trey don't...-" she began to speak. She knew that look on his face; she knew where he was going with this little speech.

But Trey wouldn't let her take the blame. "I should have never made you come with me..." he covered his face, the way he always did when he was stressed. "We would've never been that drunk..."

She took his hands down from his face; she wanted him to see the honesty in her eyes. "I made my own choices that night. You are not to blame."

"I can't let you give up on him because that one night changed our entire lives."

"I'll never give up on you..." She looked at the desperation in her best friends eyes.

"Not me." he interrupted.

"Then who?" She asks, now confused with everything.

"Justin." He expressed.

She rolled her eyes. "Justin cancelled. It's okay. It's just not meant to be. It's not our time."

"Call him." He demanded.

"I will not call him." She refused to even think about that option.

"Call him or I will have to... again." He admitted.

Her face froze, looking directly over at him, "What do you mean, again?"

"Call him." He repeated. "I'll be back to pick up Jaxon later. He will be excited about a sleepover at Uncle Trey's!"

"Trey, I don't need you to..."

He climbed off the bed, headed for the exit, cutting off her words. "Call him..." Just then her front door was shut and he was gone.

 

Frustrated at the world, she flipped over, pounding her fists into the mattress, screaming into her pillow. She didn't want to call him. She didn't want to face the facts, he just wasn't interested. Fighting her own demons was becoming a constant thing for her. She never made a decision lightly since the day Jaxon was brought into this world. She firmly believed that her life was about him now. She was determined to make him her world and she had done a great job at just that.

            However, against everything she wanted to do, she called him. There had to be a reason Trey was so insistent of her calling him. She didn't think that Trey would want her to call if it would hurt her even more.

 

 "Hello." He answered quickly and out of breath.

"Were you busy?" She asked.

"No... I mean well I was in the shower but no... it's okay." He paused, smiling, wrapping his towel around his waist a little tighter. "How was your day?"

"It was what it was." She expressed annoyed that he was pretending like nothing happened.

His tone turned to disappointment. "I guess that tone means you're not interesting in coming with me..."

She sat up on the bed. "Interested in going where?"

"You didn't get my voicemail?" he asked confused.

She runs her hands nervously through her hair, "I got your voicemail cancelling our date. Its okay, I understand. Business comes first."

He sat down slowly in his chair. "I didn't cancel..."

She cutoff the line she was sure he would come up with. "Justin... its fine. You don't have to make excuses."

"I want you to come with me Adilyn." A smile crept up on his face, "I don't want to not see you..."

Her face froze, her eyes wondered around the room in a daze. "Why would I come with you?"

"Well..." He tried to find the words. "I want to spend time with you."

"I can't come with you... too much press." She muttered.

"Come to the after-party with me... meet me after all the cameras are gone." He knew how much of a hassle it was for someone to deal with it. "I just want to see you."

 

            Her answer should have been no.

 

"MAMA!" he yelled, rushing through the house, leaping into my arms. "I miss you mama!"

"I missed you too" She held onto him for dear life. She stared into his eyes, feeling the innocent love of her flesh in love, making everything fall into place.

Jaxon bounced in her arms until she placed him back on the floor. "I seep over at Unkle Tey's." he stopped, "Un-cle T-r-e-y's" he said slower, correcting himself. Adilyn wasn't sure where he got his need for perfect grammar, but it was adorable watching him and his perfection. He bolted out of the room, heading into his bedroom when Trey appeared in the kitchen. He stood with his arms cross, waiting for her to say something. He knew she had two choices and he was hoping she had chosen the right one. He had made up his mind that he wasn't going to let her continue the way she had been living it.

 

"I was wrong." She confessed shrugging her shoulders. "He didn't want to cancel..."

"I know..." He reached his hand out for her to take it. As she gripped back, he pulled her in, wrapping his arms around her. Pressing her head against his chest, he inspires her. "It's okay to let someone in... it's okay to open your heart to someone again."

She exhaled a deep breath, taking in the power of his words. "It's just not easy."

He chuckled at her admission and how true her statement was. He closed his eyes, pressing his lips to the top of head. "I love you Adi. I just want you to be happy."

Chapter End Notes:
I think I may need to bring Kroll out from semi-retirement… I’m going to need him to protect me! Thanks & don’t forget to review ;)((hugs)) for jersey_tenn as always.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story