Author's Chapter Notes:
 

This is part 2 of the last chapter.

The details are about to unfold... I can't wait for everyone to know what I know... haha!

 

Justin closed his eyes, dropping his head into his hands, rubbing his stressed-filled-face. A deep gasp of air caused his entire body to adjust.

 

The moment his head had fallen into his hands so had her heart, straight to the pit of her stomach. His lips had been all over her sun-kissed skin, yet she felt insecure sitting next to him with nothing on. Nervously, she pulled the satin sheet tighter around her body.

She realized they were only days into whatever this was and she had dropped something that he never wanted into his lap. She was asking for too much. She knew there was the option for him to walk away; but a part of her hoped he would stay. She could only hope that she was worth enough for him to stay.

 

Choices. One night of choices.

 

She shook her head, mad at herself, for her choices, yet again.

 

 

"Another shot!" Trey yelled shoving a glass with the palm of his hand into Adilyn's view.

"No more..." She shook her head, yet her fingers wrapped around the glass, obviously ready for another shot.

"TAKE IT!" He yelled again, raising his eyebrows in excitement, planting a smirk on his face. "You know you want it!"

She wanted it; she wanted to feel nothing in the form of the reality that was her life.

Lifting her glass into the air, opting to cheer with Trey, she took yet another shot of the smooth, bitter tequila that sat in front of her.

As she bit into the lime, she tasted the bitterness of her emotions...

 

 

She climbed off the piano bench, holding tightly to the satin sheet, staring out the window at the view of Los Angeles. Sex changes everything. She thought to herself, closing her eyes. Only this time, her choices, there was no level of intoxication she could blame for making the choices.

She turned back looking at him, she could nearly hear his millions of thoughts circling through his thought process.

 

That distant look in his eyes made her imagine the worst.

 

Maybe in the future when he is ready for this adventure, he'll come back to me. She thought to herself.

 

Exhaling a few deep painful breathes she finally builds up the courage to express words. "I thought with time, you'd realize or..." She gave up on analyzing what may happen or may not happen. Deciding it was here and now that a decision needed to be made. "It's not the way I choose to live but... it's gotta be all or nothing." The simple words tasted bitter as they left her vocal chords and traveled off her lips into the space between them for him to hear.

His face brightened, releasing a smile as he chuckled. "Please tell me you are not quoting a line from some 90's pop song..."

She wasn't sure what he was talking about at first but it quickly registered what he was talking about. She plopped her hand on her hip, bobbing her head back and forth "2001..." She corrected him.

"Oh... Oh..." He raised his hands in admittance of any wrongdoing. "I'm sorry, 2001."

"I guess you of all people would know your pop cultural facts, you lived the boyband era firsthand."

A smile crept up on their faces. Their bantering over pop music details was comforting and just what they needed to lighten the mood. She stared out onto the view through the glass, focusing on the sun shining down over the city. "Justin..." Adilyn finally broke the silence. As much as she wanted to leave the mellow bantering words in the picture, she needed a definitive answer from him. "You and me..." She pointed at herself, and then him. "There can be no between the lines." 

The color seemed to return to his face, and his heart rate came back to a level pace he nodded his head, agreeing with her. "I don't care for grey area."

Not focusing on the words he just agreed to, she continues. "My choices... my decisions... they influence Jaxon more than they do me... and he, he deserves the best life I can..."

She thought back to the question she asked herself just yesterday. It was a simple question that held an answer. She looked deep into his blue eyes, making a statement she had no option but to make. "You have two choices... to stay or to go." She was asking for all or nothing.

Justin stood, walking towards her just mere feet away. Placing his hand over hers, he pulled her closer to him, slowly caressing her hand with ease. He looked at her genuinely, "When do I get to meet this little guy?"

She felt the knots in her stomach begin to tighten with each millisecond that passed. The quiver in her throat as his words finally circled through her thoughts, she looked at him, eyebrows arched with confusion. "I'm sorry... what?" In her mind, she already heard him say the words and he was ushering her out of his immaculate mansion.

"I'm not going to lie... This is a lot to take in." He admitted, "But I..."

"It's okay, I understand." She said disappointed, dropping her eyes from looking at him. She didn't want him to see the pain in her eyes. "I know-"

He lifted her chin up to bring her eyes back to his, cutting off her words, "I wanna be the one to catch your falling tears, before they hit the ground." He wiped away the tears that began to stream down her face. "I can't promise you all... we don't know what the future holds. All I can say is that when the water comes, so will the horizon."

She was stunned. A great guy was willing to take a chance on her, and her son.

"And Jaxon..." he paused. "I will treat that little man as if he were my own."

She had built up this heartache and was ready for the fall, but the fall didn't come. With a shocked face, she could only stare at him. The words he spoke weren't exactly what she expected. As his words continued, it melted her normally shattered heart. "I'm interested in you. And Jaxon is a part of who you are. I wouldn't turn my back on you because of that."

Wrapped in his arms, she felt relief in her heart.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to review.AND… I have been nominated for Bloodline! Eeeek! Whomever nominated me, I LOVE YOU! If you haven’t check out that story, please do!Muuaaahhh!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story