Author's Chapter Notes:
Well... here is the next chapter.
 

Pressing play on the stereo in the back yard, Jaxon bounced around shaking every inch of his body. If there was music on, he was dancing to it. His arms swayed from side to side, lips perched on his face... his hips moving at a rapid pace with the beat. "Dance Mama... dance!" He took a hold of her hands, helping her sway back and forth.

His face beamed with excitement, which made her feel incredibly happy. His happiness meant the world to her.

 

Derailing the obvious had always been an easy feat for Adilyn. With no time to push the idea out of her mind and no time to make an excuse of why she shouldn't get this over with, she was only minutes away from Justin meeting the love of her life. She was scared and couldn't deny that; nevertheless she wasn't going to let the ideas of what could happen, defeat her.

 

Spending the day with Jaxon, enjoying the gorgeous California sunshine, was a well-needed, nothing-on-the-agenda kind of day. It didn't happen too often, and she was sure to take full advantage of it. She enjoyed days like these when they only consisted of her and Jaxon doing everything, and yet nothing at all.

 

She was nervous for what was about to happen. She had asked Trey and Ella to come fill the awkwardness that she expected to be in the air, only to in turn tell them this was something she needed to deal with on her own. She was happy with her decision, but making that decision didn't take away the butterflies.

Butterflies... she smiled thinking about him.

 

 

His hands seemed to be the bearer of all things great.

 

His hands wrapped along her jawline, caused an eruption of butterflies to swirl through her belly.

 

"How did I manage to get so lucky..." he whispered in her ear, nuzzling his nose into the groove beneath her earlobe, exhaling his warm breathe along her neck.

 

Her hands took control of his face, pulling him into her view, holding him perfectly still, staring at familiar eyes. She seductively whispered back, "You're about to find out..." Slowly her lips went to his, teasing softly before she allowed full access to deeper depths. She felt her worries begin to fade with his hands wrapped so perfectly around her.

 

A kiss meant more the deeper the sentiment.

 

 

Justin made her as happy as that little man who had planted himself in the grass. His eyes closed, his nose, identical to hers, basking in the slight breeze around him. He lay there, perfectly still, breathing in and out.

 

Her perfect little man always brought a smile to her face. No matter how bad the knots were twisting in her stomach.

 

Jaxon lifted his head off the ground, turning back to see his adoring mother staring at him. "Mama... come..." he tapped his tiny hand on the ground. "it with me!" She couldn't ignore his adorable request, plopping herself onto the ground to sit next to him.

 

She closed her eyes, flashing memories of her thoughts.

 

 

 

"There's so much I need to tell you..." her voice trailed off as she exhaled a deep breath, feeling the guilt of the words she knew she had to say.

 

Justin sat relaxed, naked, next to her on the bed. "You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. We've got time to explore everything..."

 

"Jaxon's father..." She began to speak, "I don't..."

 

Justin placed his index finger over her lips. He could feel her words hurt more than she led on. He didn't know her story, how big or small it was, or the pain and heartache it caused her but it didn't matter. Whatever her story was, he could deal with it in time. He didn't feel like he needed a definitive explanation at that moment in time.

 

 

 

 

"...Adi." Justin whispered leaning down to her ear.

 

Quickly lifting her head, she bounced her forehead off of Justin's. "Ouch" They both cried out laughing, her hand covered her forehead as she climbed up. "Hey."

 

Justin leaned in and kissed her forehead, where he had just collided with her. "Hey."

 

For a moment, the scared butterflies were replaced in both of their bellies with butterflies of happiness.

 

"HI!" Jaxon popped up, his hand immediately went into the air. "I Jax-on"

 

Justin bent down to his level, "Hi Jaxon. I'm Justin, it's very nice to meet you."

 

"Me, nice too!" He beamed from ear to ear, "Wanna dance?" He asked.

 

"Of course!" Justin answered him, expressing all over his face as if that was a silly question.

Jaxon raised he hand up, placing his hand into Justin's. "Come."

 

Adilyn watched her son's hand latch onto Justin's as they walked across the yard to where the stereo was still playing music. Her butterflies shifted into overdrive. The simple scene of her son and Justin walking hand-in-hand was enough for a lifetime of happiness.

 

 

"Yet's boogie!" Jaxon demanded.

 

She watched Justin follow suit, mimicking exactly what Jaxon was doing, facial expressions and all. If she had any worry about his motives, they were diminished. He spoke to him in a way she could only have dreamed he would. Jaxon took to him easier than she could ever imagined. Justin had an ease about him with children, which took Adilyn by complete surprise.

 

 

 

"I brought dinner..." Justin manages to escaped running back and forth, giving Adilyn a sure sign that he was ready to eat.

 

"Hey Jax... you ready to eat?" Adilyn yelled across the yard.

 

Jaxon popped his hand to his waist, pointing with his other hand. "Me. Him. Dance Mama..."

Adi laughed at him, "I think Justin is hungry bud... let's eat then you can go back to dancing."

 

"Fine." He raised his left eyebrow at his mother before turning back to Justin, "Ustin, you ungry?"

 

Justin smiled at him, "I'm starving."

 

"Come..." Jaxon expresses as he pulls Justin across the yard, into the patio doors of the kitchen.

 

 

Jaxon dragged his chair closer to Justin's, jumping up and down in hopes that Justin would put him in his seat. And just as he thought, Justin picked him up off the ground, spun him around like an airplane before placing his in his seat.

 

"Tanks!" Jaxon expressed smiling.

 

"You're welcome buddy!" Justin smiled, admiring the unique way children spoke, and how as adults, they can understand them.

 

Adilyn wasn't sure if she was pulling them together or if she just lost her son to her boyfriend, whom he had just met.

 

As Justin and Jaxon sat on the opposite end of the table, she watched how they mimicked what the other was doing, without fully knowing they were doing it. They would run their hands over their heads, the same way, resting their hands on their laps, the same way. She chuckled when she washed them pushing their food from side to side, without actually wanting to consume any of it.

 

Men, she thought. They all have the same patterns.

 

Except this man, seemed to be perfection.

 

With her always reliable notebook in hand, staring down at words she wrote, she slipped back into a memory.

 

 

She found herself studying him in the early morning sunshine. Every detail of him.

His short detailed curls.

He was blessed with many things, and his face was one of them.

Her fingers trailed over every groove of his face, examining every mark, every detail.

His eyes sat perfectly centered.

His orbs, which she couldn't see but would never forget, were that gorgeous shade of blue that no contact color could ever be.

His eyelashes, that any girl would be jealous enough to have, were full and a mile long.

His nose, which he admitted he is self conscious about, fit him more than he knew.

His lips, perched and waiting...

Her fingers smoothed over his chiseled jawline, before she placed a gentle kiss on the perfectly perched lips she climbed out of bed...

 

 

She came out of the memory of their morning together to see Justin carrying Jaxon across the yard.

 

"He fell asleep in the grass..." Justin whispered.

Adilyn climbed out of the chair, opening the door for Justin to enter the house with the sleeping toddler in arms. She led the way down the hallway to his bedroom. Remaining in the doorway, she simply watched him with her son.

 

Justin turned to see her watching him. He stepped in the doorway with her, pushing her easily against the frame. They stood there, hand-in-hand looking at each other. He closed his eyes, lowering his lips to the bridge of her nose, kissing her sensually. If she wouldn't have been propped against the doorframe, she would have been on the floor. He made her weak at the knees.

 

"Thank you." She said taking his hand, wrapping his arm around her waist. "That went better than I thought it would."

 

He leaned in resting his forehead on hers. Pressing his lips softly to the very spot he kissed her just earlier when they had bumped heads.

 

There was this moment of time, when everything stopped, when they both felt whole again.

 

"I'm good with kids, you just don't know." He smirked.

 

"Well... I was wrong. That's for sure."

 

Justin beamed. "He is amazing."

 

"That he is." She proudly admitted.

 

 

 

Adilyn and Justin picked up the toys that led a path through the yard to the deck. Jaxon was really great at making a mess, a perfectly detailed and organized mess.

 

Only my son. She thought.

 

His toys could be scattered throughout the entire house, but they were lined up perfectly, or in neat piles. It was a sickness she was sure would only get worse as he got older.

 

They made their way to sit down at the table in the kitchen, cracking open an ice cold beverage that they had waited for all day.

 

"What a great day." Adilyn expressed, intertwining her fingers within Justin's. "I owe that in part to you and how amazing you are..."

 

Justin pulled his hand back to his lap, twiddling his fingers with the glass bottle in his hand. He had something on his mind, it was written all over his face. "His father..." Justin asked slowly. "Where is he?"

 

She swallowed the lump down her throat. The dreaded question she knew was coming again, but she didn't expect it so soon.

 

He could see the resistance on her face. "We don't have to go there... I know I said I don't need details but I don't want my ‘world' to cause any problems for you, for your son, or even his father. The world I live in, it's crazy on a daily basis and I just need-"

 

"That's sweet of you..." She cut him off, "But you don't have to worry about that." A twinge of guilt rested in her eyes.

 

Everything in her life would always come back to him, to that question, to that one night and to only the answer that she knew.

 

"He's not in the picture..." She finally admitted.

 

He nodded his head, "I only have one more question for you tonight."

 

She swallowed hard, expecting the worst, even though in that moment she couldn't even think what the worst could be.

 

"I spent some time tonight doing something I wanted to be doing with you..." He stood, extending his hand to her. "Wanna dance?"

 

She smiled, nodding her head yes. "But we can't play the music loud, we will wake Jaxon."

 

"We don't need music to dance." He spun her around, wrapping his arms in a tight grip around her, humming a beautiful melody into her ear. There was no need for anything other than the two of them.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story