2000: Bye Bye Bye, 1999.


The single for the new album was nothing like this world had ever seen before. It was the perfect song, the perfect time, the perfect everything. No Strings Attached was going to be big for them, I could feel it. It was good to see them taking control over the direction of
their careers, because once they did, they were everywhere. Superbowl was coming up and for MTV the guys would be performing later. I couldn't wait to see them.

I was digging the change in their looks as well, especially Chris, good gracious. He looks so much hotter without all those braids sticking out on top of his head. I don't know what made him decide to get those anyway. Oh wait, I made that bet and....okay well I didn't think he'd like it! I loved Joey's fire red tips, so much so, I was thinking of getting the color at the tips of my hair. I loved Lance's toned down color, with the blonde streaks. And JC....JC didn't change his hair much. Bobbi wouldn't approve, I'm sure.

Out of all the new looks, Justin's had to be my favorite. I loved seeing his natural hair without all that freaking bleach. The guy looked completely sexy. I couldn't pretend he wasn't nor would I ever deny it. The recent magazine I saw with the guys in it, Justin was who I couldn't keep my eyes off. It was like developing a crush on him all over again. That Britney....she was definitely lucky. I am a tad jealous of her, but so is every other fangirl all over the world. Get in line, Zahra.

Besides the self-involved with Pop life, school would be starting back up again in a few weeks. The first semester was literally a breeze, and to tell you the truth, I didn't get into anything like I should've. Once again I got consumed by the Pop world. I don't know how I do that to myself when I'm not even famous. Only up until recently did I realize I was the only one out of this so-called triangle without a life. I was set on getting one this semester, because I sure needed to.

There was one thing I seemed to be doing well in though, and that was meeting new people, guys I mean. There was this one guy, his name was Christopher Montez. Chris was such an attractive guy, inside and out. He was Puerto Rican, chestnut-colored skin, about six feet tall, curly hair pulled back into a ponytail, the most round and big hazel eyes I'd ever seen, and his smile was just....out of this world. The best thing about Chris was that he had a gorgeous personality to match and is one of the sweetest guys I've ever encountered.

We met in the library while I was being my geeky self, looking for a book, and I guess we were searching for the same book because we grabbed for it at the same time. Right out of a lame romantic comedy, right? Yeah, I know. But that's how it happened. I saw him a few times on campus, but still not enough to establish an actual friendship. Even though I don't know him extremely well, the qualities I have been exposed to, I really like. Hmm, I wonder how his holiday break is going.

Anyway, here's to starting the new year off right. Cheers.

2000: I Forgot?

Don't you hate when you're singing NSYNC songs in the shower terribly, and on purpose, and your mom bangs on the door to give you the phone? No? Is that just my crazed household?

"Mommmm, I'm in the shower, get out," I whined.

"Oh stop your foolishness, I made you and all of what you have. Take the phone."

I stopped the shower, drying my hands off, and I took the phone. I waited until the door was closed, then stepped out onto the carpet. Who was interrupting my traditional NSYNC-athon shower?

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Hi Zahra. This is Chris Montez, from school, you know?"

Oh it's Chris. Chris? Chris Montez! I pulled off my shower cap and checked myself in the mirror. Wait, why am I checking the mirror? He can't even see me. Oh GOD, I'm still naked!

As you can see, I'm not used to guys calling me who aren't global superstars. Tsk tsk.

"Yeah, I remember, of course. Hey."

"I uh, I got your number from Shia, I hope you don't mind," he said.

"No no, I don't mind. Um, how have you been doing?" I asked.

"I've been great. What about you, how's your break been so far?"

"Uh, honestly? It's been pretty boring," I chuckled.

"Really? Now I don't feel bad for telling you mine was great, when it's really been boring," he laughed.

I smiled, shaking my head. I could imagine him biting the side of his lip, showing that brilliant smile of his.

"I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm calling you because I wanted to ask you something," he said. I could hear the uncertainty in his voice.

"Shoot for it," I encouraged.

"Okay, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out sometime."

Oh. My. Gosh. New life Zahra, go for it!

"I would really like that." Take the initiative, go for it, Zee. "How about tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, tomorrow would be great. Maybe we could catch a movie or something," Chris replied.

"That'd be great."

"Alright. I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then."

"Definitely. Bye Chris."

"Bye Zahra."

I hung up the phone and placed it on top of the counter.

"YESSSSSSS!"

I did the running man and cabbage patch as my victory dance. Yeah, definitely showing my age right about now. Did I really get asked to go out? Was this going to be a date? I was going on a date with someone who wasn't JC or Justin. This was beginning to be a progressive and great year already.

I reached back into the shower to turn the water back on. I was about to hit play on my CD player, when the phone rang. What the hell? Does everyone know I'm having an NSYNC-athon shower they wish to interrupt?

"Hello?"

"Zee, what is up girlfriend?"

I giggled. "You’re too much, Justin. I was trying to finish my shower, but I can wait."

"Shower? Hmm....um, take a picture and send it to me?" he asked.

"You'll be 45 before I ever get the film developed," I joked.

"Good, it'll give my manhood a great boost," he teased.

"J....anyway, what's up? I wasn't expecting a call from you so soon."

"Did you watch us? I would've called a few days ago after the performance, but we were on the go."

Watch them? Oh shit! The TRL performance! I totally forgot about it. Crap.

"I couldn't catch it. I'm sure my mom has it recorded, though." I was cringing, waiting for his reaction. Was he about to blow?

"Ah, that's okay. Just make sure you check out the whole show when you can."

Huh?

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"No, of course not. You've seen everything else and you missed one. It's nothing to sweat. You're a college girl now. I can't expect you to
always have time for me," he replied.

"Don't say that. I'll always have time for you. Especially with that curly hair I am dying to get my hands on," I hinted.

Justin laughed gently. "I'll be seeing you sooner than you think."

"Oh really? When is that?" I asked.

"When I bring you with us to our video shoot," he replied.

"Justin, don't play with me," I warned.

"I'm not, you're coming. You'll be my assistant or something, or at least that's what I'm telling everybody."

I smiled. Now I felt even worse for missing the performance.

"That's very sweet of you Justin, thanks."

"No problem, Zee. It's the 24th, so there's plenty of time. When you see the performance, call me back and tell me what you think."

"Alright, bye Ju-licious."

"Never call me that again. Bye."

I laughed as I hung up. A date and a video shoot? My luck may be on the rise for once.

2000: Christopher Montez

I woke up this morning feeling psyched about seeing Chris again. It was hard to meet someone, have an instant connection, and then never see them. I guess both of us were too shy to ask for phone numbers, at least I was.

I did my normal morning routine with no hassle and went back into my room to peek out the window. Mom's gone for work, home alone. Woo-hoo! I went downstairs animatedly, hoping to get into my kitchen and have some cereal in complete peace.

I walked through the living room, humming a simple tune. I heard the refrigerator door slam shut, and my humming stopped, as well as my walking. I didn't have a weapon, so I stepped as slowly and quietly as I could. Of course, the second I stepped off the wood floor onto the
kitchen tile, the floor creaked.

"Shit," I mumbled.

Looking at the backside of the figure who was in my fridge, I already knew who it was and let go of my anxiety. That is, until I realized Chris would be calling and coming over soon.

"Dude, the point of moving into your own place was so that you wouldn't be back in my fridge stealing my food," I spoke.

JC popped up quickly and shot his head from behind the fridge door. He smiled innocently.

"You weren't supposed to see me, pretend you didn't," he said.

I shook my head, walking to go sit on one of the stools placed at the high-rise counter. I hadn't really spoken to JC about what happened between us that day he took me to his house, but it happened and there was no need to go back to it. This was a new year.

"I could smell you from a mile away. New cologne?" I smiled.

JC playfully rolled his eyes. "Yes, it is, thank you for noticing."

"Let me check it out."

I stood up and walked over to him. He stared at me, confused about what I was doing. I placed my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him a closer to me. I sniffed his neck, and went to go sit back at my stool. JC's facial expression was a Kodak moment for sure.

"Smells really good on you, I like it," I said, finally glancing up to catch his eyes.

"You're the biggest tease, I swear. But nonetheless, thanks," he said.

"I'M the tease? Pfft. You dangle me on a string any chance you get. I can't even touch you."

JC snickered. "You were a lot easier to tease when we were younger. Remember when I
grabbed your hand and sang to you when we all snuck to the beach that one night?"

I slapped my hand against my forehead. That godforsaken moment. Why did he remember, Lord? WHY?

"Unfortunately, I remember."

"You didn't stop smiling for two hours. I couldn't believe it."

"YOU couldn't believe it? Why?" I asked.

"Because I wasn't expecting that sort of reaction from you, it shocked me. I sang all the time, but I wasn't MJ or anything."

"You always downplay yourself. It's humbling, but with a voice like yours, it'd be hard for me not to smile. Even though my reaction was super embarrassing, I'll never forget what caused it," I said.

"Awww, how sweet. H--" The phone rang and before I could race to get it, JC grabbed it off the charger. "Hello? Yes she's here, may I ask who's speaking? Okay, hold on a sec."

JC looked up at me, one of his eyebrows raised. I don't have to panic, this is my house and I can take calls from anyone I damn well please.

"It's for you. It's Chris Montez." JC held the phone out. I took it and walked off into the office. I closed the door quietly.

"Hey Chris," I greeted.

"Hi Zahra, still hanging out with me today?" he asked.

"Yeah, of course I am. What's the plan?"

"I figured we could catch a movie and then go to lunch," he suggested.

"That would be great."

"Awesome, I'll be over there around 2:30-ish, that cool?"

"It's fine, I'll see you then," I said.

"Same here. Bye Zahra."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and stood up to do my victory dance once more. I opened the door to the office and walked back to the kitchen. JC was leaning against the counter, sipping his water as I put the phone back on the charger. The silence was tension filled and horribly uncomfortable.

"Who's Chris?" JC finally asked.

"None of your business," I replied.

"Zahra."

"JC."

"Don't do me like that. We're pals, right? Why can't you tell me?" he asked.

"Because I know you better than you know yourself. You're gonna turn this into something else."

"I won't, I promise."

"He's a friend from school. We're going out later," I told him.

"You're going on a date?!" JC exclaimed.

"You promised!"

"Before I knew you were going on a date. Who is this guy? What do you know about him?" he questioned.

"It's none of your concern, you have your own person you date, remember?" I tried to catch that remark before it left my lips, but obviously, it didn't work.

"Okay yeah, fine, you win, Zee. Have fun."

"Why are you getting so bent out of shape about this? He's only a friend, we're just getting to know each other," I asked.

"Because if he finds out about you, what I already know, he'll never let you go," JC replied softly.

"I...."

I didn't know what to say. Those words got me right in the heart. It was bittersweet, almost unfair. How could JC be completely hypocritical and sweet at the same time? Chris was only someone from school that I barely saw. My only intent was to spend my time with someone who didn't have large amounts of women chasing him everywhere. Well. LargER amounts of women.

"I've gotta go. I'll see you soon."

JC threw his plastic cup in the trashcan and went threw the front door before I could even say goodbye. How could he make me feel bad? How could he do that to me? He's been with Bobbi for years and hasn't batted an eyelash to breaking up with her. Why should I be made to feel bad for going out and meeting new people? Why does JC still have this inner need to have control over me?

2000: "She's cute." & "A size 12 foot in a 9 shoe."

"Zee, I am so tired. Comfort me with your pillows made of chocolate milk," Justin teased.

I nudged Justin in his side. We were in a van going to the video shoot for "Bye Bye Bye" and it was the crack of dawn. Well....it was like 8 am, but after a semester of college, anything before 10 was early to me. This was a new experience to me, and I was grateful Justin brought me here.

The movie and lunch with Chris went extremely well, I had a lot of fun with him. He was the perfect gentleman, he wasn't forward or anything like that. It wasn't even a date like JC blew it up to be. I really felt like I just went somewhere with a friend. We called each other often in the two weeks from our outing to now.

"Come onnnnn, at least give me a shoulder to drool on for ten minutes," Justin pleaded.

I laughed and nodded my head. He had on a hat covering his curly hair. I was tempted to take it off because the material of the hat made my skin itchy. Justin took my hand and began to play with my fingers.

"You have the smallest hands I have ever seen. Look at these sausage fingers," he giggled.

I sucked my teeth and snatched my hand away from his. "Shut up and sleep," I said.

"Thanks for coming with me today, Zee, I appreciate it."

"Aw, you're welcome. Thanks for inviting me."

"Always. Oh look, guess we're here. So much for sleeping in your pillows. Next time, yes?" he joked.

I smacked his arm, shaking my head in shame. "You’re an idiot."

I got out of the van and waited for everyone else to get out and stretch. I didn't know where I was going, so I lagged behind the guys and followed them. We went into this room where all their clothes for the video were. I found a seat on a couch and Justin sat down next to me. There were cameras right in front of us. I pushed myself over to be put of the shot.

"It's morning!" JC sang and danced. Justin and I laughed.

"JC what the hell was that?" I asked.

"No idea, but it made me feel good," he smiled.

I guess he was over the Chris thing, I'm a bit shocked Justin hasn't said anything about it yet. Unless JC didn't tell him, which I find a bit hard to believe.

"Oh look it's my turn to go try on clothes. Yay. Hold my hat for me Zahr?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, got it."

I watched Justin go off into the dressing room and JC took his spot next to me.

"You didn't tell him about Chris, did you?" I asked him.

"Nope, I sure didn't," he replied.

"Why?"

"Not my place. I don't gossip dude," he replied.

"I just thought..."

"I know what you thought. You thought I'd run and tell Justin about your new friend."

"Well?"

"No, look, I don't want you to think that I'd do something like that because of how I feel about the situation."

"How do you feel about the situation?" I asked.

JC looked over at me for the first time since sitting down.

"Honestly, I’m not sure. I shouldn’t feel anything at all, I know."

"Well I'm telling you that he's just a friend. I barely know him, and I just want to have ONE friend from college that won't make my new semester seem so scary."

"I know. I wasn't expecting to react at all."

He's right, he did react in a certain way. And it got me thinking. Why didn't he ever feel a certain way about me and Justin? Does he feel a certain way about me and Justin's relationship, though platonic of course. I always used to annoy JC by mentioning Justin, and even afterward, it was like he was competing. Is that why JC moved into my house? To win me over before Justin?

I stared at JC intensely. Even in his confused eyes, I saw that shy, sweet, and down to earth guy. JC would never do that to me, how could I even think something so cruel? We're both not making the best decisions right now, but my heart would never let me believe that he would
intentionally do something that vile. I’m hyping myself way up. I guarantee he didn’t care about me that much.

"Don't look at me like that," JC whispered.

I snapped out of my stare. "What? Why?"

"It's not exactly the most unsexy glare."

I smirked. "Don't do this here, Chasez. You're here to work."

"JC! You're almost next!" Joey called.

JC leaned closer to my ear. I could smell his minty, Certs fresh breath. I kept my eyes moving across the room to see if any cameras were on us.

"I can definitely work, but only if you let me," he whispered.

I bit my lip to hide my encouraging smile. God, this guy doesn't miss a damn beat. How would Chris even have a chance?

2000: "life would be much better, once you're gone."

The next days of shooting were a blast to watch. The charisma of each member was amazing, but when they were all together, the dynamic was almost impeccable. The chemistry was normal and natural. Seeing the guys together made me feel warm inside. I hope they never forgot they always had one another.

I had to stay with Justin, since his scene was the last to be shot. And I was his "assistant", so I had to follow behind him and play the part. After we had watched some of the stuff shot from the previous days, Justin was up next. I was a bit too giddy about how his scene would look in action. Talk about a teeny bopper moment, I was horrible.

"Um, assistant, I need some assistance!" Justin called.

I stood up, looking around to see where he was. I saw his hand sticking out from where the dressing room was. slapped his hand and he opened the door. I went in and closed the door behind me. Now I KNOW this sounds like a bad idea, but come on, Justin's head over heels for Britney. There's nothing to worry about.

I looked at him up and down. He was fully dressed, hair was done. Okay, I'm confused. One thing was for sure, he looked damn hot. I can't say if it was the denim that did it for me, but whatever it was, had me drooling, melting, and ogling on the inside simultaneously.

"Uhhh, you're dressed. What do you need assistance with?" I asked.

His eyes darted in every direction, finally settling on me. I was still completely lost. I suddenly felt Justin's hands gently grab onto my waist. He pulled me closer to his body. I looked into his eyes, terrified of what his next move would be. Without warning, he smashed his lips against mine. I couldn't register what was going on until his tongue was inside my mouth, and I found myself pulling him closer to deepen the kiss.

Snapping back into reality, I pulled away. Things were so quiet, all we heard was the inhale and exhale of one another. Justin broke me down with those sapphire-blue eyes staring into my own. He smiled that gorgeous smile of his, and there I was, silly putty right in the palm of his hand. He pressed his lips against mine again, kissing me in a way I never expected. I sank my fingers into his lush hair and gently tugged. His teeth scathed down my tongue, he nibbled gently against my upper lip, and then went for the gusto when he roughly bit down on my lower lip.

Not being horny, flew right out the studio. Fast.

Justin backed me into the door, never breaking our eye contact. He drew attention to his fingers, which were unbuttoning my denim shorts. I opened my mouth about to ask a question, and he shot me a look that made my lips snap shut. I felt my shorts drop at my ankles and I stood in my black, silk panties. I watched Justin's eyes repeatedly scan me while he unbuttoned his jeans, revealing his black boxer briefs. Using his hands, he grabbed onto the back of my thighs, lifting me up and leaving my shorts on the floor. He walked in closer to me until our sexes met one another. I sighed at the feeling of his firmness between my thighs. What was going on with me? Like I said, I didn't want me and Justin to be experiencing what JC and I were. But I wasn't stopping him from doing so.

Justin inched closer, his hands now grabbing onto my bottom, and locked his eyes onto me. This was a Justin I'd never seen before. Ever. His face was so close to mine, I caught each breath he let out. It was intense. Finally, his hips ground up against mine and instinctively, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in tighter to me. Justin placed his face in my neck, rolling his hips up and down. He cursed under his breath, moaning softly in my ear. That was all it took to fully pull me into this moment. I brushed my lips against his neck, biting down to keep myself from making any noise. He pressed against me harder and I moaned out a little. With my arms around his neck, I pulled him closer, forcing my body against his. The friction of the soft material rubbing against my skin drove me insane. I pulled Justin up from my neck and we kissed.

"Justin," I warned.

I had my legs locked around his waist, trying to hold myself up as I circled my hips. With one hand, Justin pulled on my hair, running his tongue down the line of my cleavage. I could tell Justin was on the same page I was. His hands gripped my thighs tightly. He began to rock his hips faster, with shorter strokes. I dug my fingers into his back, moaning into his ear to egg on his roughness. I locked my legs, feeling that deep tingle get stronger. His eyes stayed on mine and before I knew it, I was screaming out into his neck. Continuing to rub against my wet underwear, I felt Justin's muscles tighten, his body shake, and then release.

Justin roughly kissed me and I was placed back onto the ground. I quickly put back on my shorts, standing against the wall, trying to catch my breath. Justin and I stared at each other. He looked like someone familiar to me, but now my gut feeling was working overtime. I knew deep down that wasn’t an okay Justin.

"I've been wanting to do that since I saw you in that dress for Lance's birthday," he breathed.

"What?" I was so out if it.

"I couldn't take it anymore. The first time I wanted you was the dress at Lance's party, then your costume for Halloween, and now you in those shorts. I couldn't keep it together," he replied.

"What did we just do?"

"I don't know, but it felt good," he replied.

“I should’ve stopped you.”

"But you didn’t. You've been wanting me the same way I've been wanting you."

Justin was rubbing his finger down my stomach, biting his lip. Holy shit, I needed air. I needed all of the Earth's atmosphere right now.

"I need to get outside," I said.

Justin nervously licked his lips. "I don't know what's worse, letting you go outside or wanting to be in here with you for the rest of the night."

If that's his way of trying to tempt me, it was working. Who was this person in front of me? This was new to me. He was so aggressive in a different way just now, and I submitted to him. Fully. The control he commanded was mind-blowing. I clearly missed out on Justin becoming a sexual being.

I peaked out of the door to see if the coast was clear. I took a deep breath and shot out of there and outside as quickly as I could. I went to go find the spot I was sitting in so I'd still be able to watch the filming.

"Hey, where's Justin?" It was one of the crew members.

"He's coming, he just had a wardrobe mishap, but it's fine now."

Yeah. It's all fine now.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers mmcera firsttime tourj nsasync tour jealous triangles roommates hotel otherwoman debutsync presync tourjc jc justin friendswithbenefits cheaterjc