How, how can it be

That a love carved out of caring

Fashioned by fate could suffer so hard from the games played once too often

But making mistakes is part of life’s imperfection

Born of the years

Is it so wrong to be human after all?

 

 

Raina Brandt stands at the foot of her bed with nothing but her pajama pants on. She feels the air hit her bare stomach like pins sticking into her skin. The sensation causes goosebumps to appear over her ivory skin. Her heart races as a hand reaches up and touches her stomach and runs down to her pants waistband. The hand slowly dips under the elastic and rubs her gently and painfully slow. 

 

“You’re wet.” a voice murmurs in the dimly lit room. Raina reaches for the hand and pulls it out of her pants. She proceeds to take her pants off and is left in just her hello kitty underwear. 

 

She can feel eyes watching her every move. “Wore them just for you,” she whispers as she reluctantly throws the pants in the corner. 

 

 

Drawn into the stream of undefined illusion

Those diamond dreams

They can’t disguise the truth 

That there is something about you baby so right

I wouldn’t be here without you baby tonight

 

 

The only noise in the room in the ceiling fan that’s keeping the air at the perfect temperature. Raina lays down on her stomach and can feel an arm wrap over her back and pull her closer. She turns on her side and smiles when a kiss is planted on her temple. 

 

“I have to leave.”

 

She doesn’t answer. 

 

“You know I can’t stay. The kids are waiting and so -”

 

“I know,” she says rather harshly cutting him off. “I know.” she repeats again, but much quieter. 

 

 

If ever our love was concealed

No one can say that we didn’t fell a million things

And a perfect dream of life

 

 

“I love you,” he says reaching up to move a strand of hair from her face. He leans in and kisses her lips so softly that she almost doesn’t feel it. She keeps her eyes closed even after he’s gotten out of the bed. 

 

He gets dressed, grabs his cell phone, keys, and wallet from the night stand next to her head. She watches his every move from her spot on the bed. 

 

“Why are you still with her?” Raina’s voice comes out shaky and she avoids eye contact even though the room is too dark to tell. 

 

 

Gone, fragile, but free

We remain tender together

If not so in love, it’s not so wrong

We’re only human after all

 

 

“You already know why.” he mumbles as he rubs her cheek with his thumb. “I can’t leave her after all we’ve been through.”

 

“What about us?” she asks quietly.

 

He stops rubbing her cheek and just stares at her. “I’m not sure what will happen.” he finally says.

 

“Just go.” 

“I’ll call you later.” he says closing the door behind himself. 

 

Raina closes her eyes and tries to remember how she got herself into this position. How does a person get so messed up and so far from what they used to be? How do you go from the straight A student to sleeping with the father of the kids you babysit? 

 

 

These changing years

They add to your confusion

Oh and you need to hear the time that told the truth

Because there’s something about you baby so right

I wouldn’t be here without you baby tonight

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Song Credit: Something About You by The Cary Brothers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-dZIk2kPsU

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jailbait daddyj affair