Author's Chapter Notes:
Short but sweet!

After sharing another loving conversation with JC and eating a small amount of lunch, just because it was forced upon her, the women left in a rush of dresses and other necessities. 

Once at the church, hair and makeup was immediately started.  The women talked and laughed and tried to give Laura advice on what to expect in her marriage.  The stories ranged from humorous to serious and everything in between. 

Karen excused herself when JC arrived to go speak to him and the other women were all busy with other tasks so Laura had a moment alone with her matron of honor.  Beth had been her best friend since high school.

“Are you nervous?”  Beth asked.

“Surprisingly I’m not, I had expected to be, but I am just feeling excited you know?  I can’t wait to be married to this amazing wonderful man.  He is perfect for me, my soul mate, you know what I mean?”

“Yeah, I do.  I was so nervous on my wedding day, you remember?”  Laura nodded.  “I was convinced that I was making a huge mistake.  Marriage is hard work, but the way he looks at you…Whew…makes even me sizzle.”  They laughed together. 

Laura opened her mouth to reply, before someone called her name and turning she noticed more flowers headed her way.

White roses are a symbol of purity, my bride, I will treasure the gift that you are giving to me and I pray that you know that my passion burns only for you. 
Red roses are a symbol of the passionate love we will make tonight, our wedding night!  And of the love that will carry us through the rest of our lives. 
Together the white and the red mean unity, we will be united forever.  Marry me, Laura, on this our wedding day. 
Yours forever, JC.

“Read it,” someone called out. 

“Actually this one is just for me.  Can someone take a message back to him for me?”

Quickly Laura found a blank card and thoughtfully and lovingly wrote a response. 

JC, the love of my life and shortly my husband,
I thank God for you everyday.  Now that you are in my life, the world is brighter and complete.  Your thoughtfulness and generosity amaze me at every turn.  You constantly surprise me, my love.  The flowers are beautiful, but even more so are the words that you carefully and lovingly wrote and shared with me.  So yes, JC, my soul mate, true love, and husband, I will marry you on this our wedding day!
Always yours, Laura

Chapter End Notes:
Review!  Review!  Review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story