The guests all murmured at the beauty of the church.  Hundred of candles glowed from every available surface.  Laura had requested to be married in candlelight, preferring the romantic glow of candles to the harsh fluorescents of the overhead lights.  The florists had created magnificent cascades of flowers matching the bridesmaids dresses perfectly. 

An arbor at the front of the church was where JC and Laura would stand under to take their vows.  The arbor was covered in tulle that had been wrapped around thousands of white Christmas lights. 

The music started to signal the groomsmen and the groom to take their places.  JC took a deep breath before stepping in front of the congregation filled with their friends and families.  JC and Laura’s mothers had already lit the candles in the front that would be used to light their unity candle. 

Looking out over the crowd gathered to celebrate their big day, he noticed many smiles turned his way.  The bridesmaids and matron of honor entered as JC straightened and locked his gaze on the door at the back where his bride would enter.  The changing of the music prompted the people to rise as one and turn their attention to the rear of the church. 

JC heart literally skipped a beat when he saw his bride, framed in the doorway she was a perfect picture of happiness as she glowed in the candlelight. 

***

Laura’s breath caught in her throat as she caught sight of JC for the first time in his tuxedo and in the glow of the candles.  His features were perfectly complemented by the pure black of his tuxedo and the striking white of his dress shirt.  Her father had a supporting hand under hers as he walked her down the aisle.  The walk was both the shortest and the longest walk of her life. 

The ceremony was a blur as the two looked deep into each others eyes.  The minister prayed and the charge was given to the couple.  Then too soon and yet not soon enough the vows were ready to be spoken. 

JC and Laura each spoke from the heart and repeated after the minister.  Their eyes and hearts communicated what they were unable to say.  Rings were exchanged, gently placed on hands that would were them proudly forever. 

The covenant that the two had made was not taken lightly.  The promises were made before God and their family and friends in total devotion to the other.  The moment the minister announced that JC could kiss his bride, he reverently lifted the veil and looked deep into Laura’s eyes.  Sweetly he bent down and caressed her lips with his, tender yet forceful to celebrate their marriage.  Too soon he pulled away as they were announced and celebrated as Mr. and Mrs. Chasez. 

Tucking her arm under his, he helped her down the steps and they walked back up the aisle as their guests cheered. 

Stopping in the narthex, she reached up and kissed him as she whispered, “No turning back now, you’re stuck with me for life.”

“I love you, you are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen.”

Chapter End Notes:
They're married, but their story doesn't end here!  Let me know what you think!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story