Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for the reviews!  It inspires me to write faster!! 

After finishing up pictures, they hopped into a limo that JC had arranged for the day to head to the reception.  They both laughed as they tried to maneuver around her dress.  Giving up, she settled back against his shoulder.  Grabbing his left head in hers, she studied their wedding rings closer. 

Moving his arm from around her back he pulled her wedding ring off her finger. 

“You need to read the inscription.  Mine is the same thing.”

Reading aloud, she said, “Breath in my lungs, music in my heart.  Oh, JC, it’s what you said when you proposed!  That is perfect.”

With a huge smile on his face, he responded as he placed the ring back on her finger and kissed it.  “I am quite the poet you know.  Now that’s the last time it will ever be off your finger.”

“How long do we have to stay at the reception?”  Laura wondered. 

Groaning, JC replaced his arm around her shoulders.  “No longer than we have to.  That’s my plan anyway.  Why don’t we go in, grab a plate, eat, first and last dance, and grab a piece of cake to go?  Or actually we’ll just tell the driver to turn around.”

“That sounds wonderful, but I think if we did that, people would come looking for us and we would never be alone.”  She brushed her lips against his smooth jaw. 

“Well in that case, I’ll do whatever I have to so that can be very alone later.”  His voice trailed off as their lips met.  Just as they were beginning to lose themselves in the kiss, the limo stopped.  They were at the reception. 

***

“For the first time, I want to present Mr. and Mrs. Chasez!”  Their guests all stood and cheered as the newlyweds entered arm in arm. 

Briefly blinded by the flashes, they stopped.  It took forever for the happy couple to make it to the head table.  People had tried to get the couple to move in separate directions, but they refused to split, greeting each guest together.

Sitting down at the table, surrounded by their bridal party, the waiters were finally given the signal to start the meal.  Beautiful toasts were given by the best man and the matron of honor, the cake was cut, and then it was time for the first dance as husband and wife. 

But JC had yet another surprise up his sleeve. 

Kissing her on the cheek, he excused himself from the table.  Laura assumed nothing of it, believing he was just going to use the restroom.  Then the lights dimmed and familiar music started.  Cutting off in the middle of a sentence to Beth, her eyes widened as she turned to the stage in time to see a spotlight rest on her new husband. 

Stepping up to the microphone, he began to sing as four more spotlights rested on the men surrounding him.  He took over the lead in the song and as he started the first verse, he lifted the microphone out of the stand and started down the steps.    

"This I Promise You"
Sung by NSYNC


Ohh ohh...

When the visions around you,
Bring tears to your eyes
And all that surround you,
Are secrets and lies
I'll be your strength,
I'll give you hope,
Keeping your faith when it's gone
The one you should call,
Was standing here all along..

JC had made it to the table where Laura was sitting by this point in the song.  And as he sang the next line, he did as the song prompted and took her into his arms as they began to sway back and forth as he sang. 

And I will take
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

I've loved you forever,
In lifetimes before
And I promise you never...
Will you hurt anymore
I give you my word
I give you my heart (give you my heart)
This is a battle we've won
And with this vow,
Forever has now begun...

Just close your eyes (close your eyes)
Each loving day (each loving day)
I know this feeling won't go away (no..)
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you..
This I promise you..

Over and over I fall (over and over I fall)
When I hear you call
Without you in my life baby
I just wouldn't be living at all...

And I will take (I will take you in my arms)
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong (right where you belong)
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you baby

Just close your eyes
Each loving day (each loving day)
I know this feeling won't go away (no..)
Every word I say is true
This I promise you

Every word I say is true
This I promise you
Ooh, I promise you...

They looked deeply into the others eyes as tears shimmered in hers.  The last words of the song were whispered to only Laura as he dropped his head to meet her lips.

***

The evening was winding down, much to the relief of JC and Laura, the bouquet and garter had been tossed.  The father-daughter and mother-son dances had occurred.  And the guests had partied, all having a wonderful time. 

JC was given the nod from the wedding planner that it was time to make their exit and he quickly looked around for Laura, who had needed to use the restroom.  Locating her in the crowd, he moved in that direction, waving to those who tried to stop him.  Coming up next to her, he grabbed her hand and whispered something in her ear. 

Her eyes brightened as she turned to him with a questioning look.  He nodded and led her in the opposite direction, to the laughter of the people she had been talking with.  An announcement had just been made that the newlyweds were leaving and it was time to see them off. 

They were ushered into the limo under a shower of rose petals and well wishes.  Falling onto the rear seat of the limo, they laughed as they brushed petals off their clothes.  She cupped his face in her hand and brushed a thumb over his soft lips. 

“Happily ever after started today and there is no one I would rather share it with.”

“You are absolutely correct, Mrs. Chasez.”

She froze as reality set in and a smile crossed her face.  “Say that again and again and again.”

“Mrs. Chasez…Mrs. Chasez…Mrs. Chasez.”  The length between words grew as the kiss  went on.

Knowing they would be able to finally fulfill the unspoken promises between them, she pulled back and rested her head on his chest.  Taking an unsteady breath, she tried to form words. 

“So…Um…where…uh…where are we going?”

“Home.”

“What do you mean?” 

“I mean we are going back to our house to spend out first night together there.  What better place than to begin our lives together than in the house we will live in?  Then tomorrow we are… well it’s a surprise.”

The limo pulled to a stop in their driveway and JC carefully helped her out, mindful of her beautiful dress.  Neither noticed the driver getting back in the limo and leaving.  Unlocking and pushing the door open, he turned back to his bride.  Bending over, he swept her off her feet as he walked into the house before placing her back on her feet in the kitchen. 

He turned back so he could shut and lock the doors behind them, not wanting any visitors.  The phone had been unplugged earlier when he had stopped before the wedding.  His bride waited for him and after coming back to her, she reached up and kissed him deeply, before drawing back and leading him by the hand to the bedroom. 

Coming to a stop just inside the doorway, she realized she had married the most romantic man on earth.  Their bedroom had been transformed.  When JC had stopped by, he had put satin sheets on the bed, pulled back the covers, and scattered more rose petals. 

She turned and had no words.  She didn’t need any.  He explained it all simply.  “I wanted our first time to be special.”

And no more words were needed. 

Chapter End Notes:
Keep the love coming!  More to come!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story