Joey watched from his place on the couch as JC paced back and forth, smiling to himself.  He knew that when JC fell, he would fall hard.  It was quite the sight to see. 



“Not that I don’t enjoy your stimulating conversation, JC, but it would help if you told me what the problem was.”

 

“What makes you think that I have a problem?”

 

“Let’s see – one, you flew all the way out here; two, you haven’t said a word after you said hi to the family; and three, you’re pacing and the JC I know doesn’t pace.  Tell me about her.”

 

JC threw himself down beside Joey on the couch and moaned as he put his hands over his face.  “How do you know it’s a woman,” he mumbled.

 

“Because that’s the only way you would be acting like this.  And can I just say, it’s about time!!”

 

JC didn’t say a word, just kept his hands over his face and Joey realized it might be more serious that he thought. 

 

“Talk to me, JC.”

 

JC heaved himself off the couch and began pacing again.  “I don’t even know where to start.”

 

Joey waited patiently.

 

“Joey, she’s the most amazing…she’s wonderful…she’s completely normal and I don’t know what to do about it!”

 

“Normal when compared to an alien or what?”

 

JC turned a nasty look Joey’s way.  “You know what I mean.  She has absolutely no connection to this world.  She took me in during the snowstorm and didn’t care that I’m famous.  I sent her a check to cover expenses and she sent it back to me in pieces and I know she doesn’t have a lot of money.  She’s not like anyone I’ve ever known or dated before and I am completely lost.  I’m almost 35 for crying out loud and I feel like one of those teenyboppers who cried and screamed when they got to meet us.  What do I do????”  JC flopped back down on the couch beside Joey.

 

Joey hid a smirk behind his hand.  “Ahem…well… for one thing, why aren’t you telling her this instead of me?”

 

JC glared at Joey when he coughed to cover his laugh.  “I’m here asking for advice.  You’re married.  I truly believe this is THE ONE.”

 

Joey leapt out of his seat and demanded, “What do you mean the one?”

 

“I mean the one.  How did you know Kelly was the one?”  JC softly replied looking up at Joey who was now pacing. 

 

“I knew that she was the only one who completely understood me, she was the other half of my heart, and she completed me!  How can you feel like that about this girl when you just met her?”

 

“I don’t know, man.  All I know is that she is perfect and I feel like I can’t breathe without her.  I would give up everything for her if she asked me.  She lives on a farm and I would happily spend every waking moment of the rest of my life on that place.  No more singing, no more acting, nothing,” JC finished passionately. 

 

Joey let out a deep breath and sat back down.  “Are you sure it’s not something that you can get out of your system?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, sleep with her, and get her out of your system.”

 

“What,” JC shouted in Joey’s face.  “How can you insult her like that?  It’s not something I can get out of my system.  I would never insult her like that.”

 

“What do you mean insult her?  How is that an insult?  Everyone wants to get with you and your pretty face.”

 

“She’s a virgin.”

 

“A virgin?”

 

“Yeah, she’s saving herself for marriage.”

 

“How old is this girl?”

 

“29.”

 

“29!!!!????  How do you get to be 29 and still a virgin?  She’s ugly isn’t she or a man, that’s it isn’t it?”

 

“No, she made a promise to God that she would save herself for marriage.  Her faith is such a part of her.  She’s the most beautiful and amazing creature to walk this planet.”

 

“JC, I’m just concerned about you and how you’re talking.  You are ready to give up your entire life for a woman you just met!”

 

“I know.  Help me!!”

 

“Man, this is a decision that you have to make yourself.  If you feel this strongly about a woman that you just met, I say get to know her and see where it goes, but don’t, don’t, don’t make any rash decisions yet.  Get to know her and let her into your world.”

 

“I can do that, Ohio’s not that far from L.A.  I’ll just swing by and see her every night on my way home from the studio!  Come on, Joey!” JC said sarcastically. 

 

“Invite her out, send her an airline ticket.  Tell her that you are dying to see her again and want to show her the same hospitality that she showed you.  Or one better deliver the ticket in person, it’s harder to say no in person.  Then fly out with her.” 

 

“You know…that may actually work.”

“I know, that’s why I’m the genius,” Joey said with a smile.  “If she’s truly the woman for you, she won’t make you give up your world, just adjust it to fit her.  And ask you to do the same.”

 

“Thanks, man, I’m gonna call her right now!”  JC said as he dug his phone out of his pocket to dial. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story