5:30p CT
“Hey, Niki. Surprise.” JC opened his arms as she ran towards him and leaped in to them. She kissed him soft yet hungrily. “You missed me?” he asked between kisses

“Mmm hmm…like French fries.”

He pulled back, “But you just saw me a few days ago.”

“That was a week ago. One hundred sixty eight hour ago. Ten thousand eighty minutes ago.” She took a breathe.

“I thought you were tired,” he smirked.

“Exhausted, but…” She smiled. “You put that fire inside of me that makes it more than just a dream.”

“I love it when you sing to me, baby girl.” He kissed both sides of her mouth before he attacked her lips.

Someone knocked. Someone else cleared their throat. Niki and JC released each others lips and pressed their foreheads together as they shared a giggle.

"Well, it's about time you two came up for air. Now come over here and get some of this chicken before its cold," said a squeaky voice.

"Chris? You brought Chris with you?" JC nodded. "But you know I'm tired. I can't do Chris now. At least not 'til I get some rest."

"I'll talk to him." He kissed her forehead and looked at the doorway where the knock came from. "Thanks again, Mary. Tell Rhona hello for me," he said with a smile.

"No problem, Josh. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of this little adventure of yours too. Happy New Year’s to you all." Mary waved before heading back to the counter.

"Happy New Year to you too and be nice. I know who you have a crush on." He winked at the young woman who stopped mid step and looked over her shoulder.

"You wouldn't." He walked over towards her.

"No, but you've been warned. He might even you give you a call later if I hint around at it. ‘Til next time." He hugged his younger friend and watched as she walked back to the counter on cloud 9.

"Chris is right. The chicken is better hot. Niki stood next to JC with a chicken leg in one hand, a biscuit in the other, and a smile on her face.


6p CT
"Hey. The pilot says that it would be another half an hour before we left, so Chris said I should try the chicken. Where's it at?"

Good thing Niki didn't have anything in her mouth. She may have choked on it when she saw Joey enter the room. She immediately turned to JC.

"Joey's here too?!?" JC sounds. "I'm not complaining. Just tell me that Lance is here and all will be right in the world." There was no answer. "Please tell me Lance is here?"

"Yeah. Space Cadet Bass is here too. Someone has to be around to help keep an eye on Chris," answered Joey between bites. "Hey, C, do you think they'll mind if I take this platter of chicken and the bowl of pasta salad back to the plane?"

JC shrugged. "Not sure. How 'bout asking Mary." He pointed to the young agent on the other side of the doorway. They both watched as Joey made his way through the door.

Niki looked back at her boyfriend. "Now let me get this straight." She sat in the nearest seat. "You flew here on a private plane to be with me for New Year's, Chris and Joey tagged along, and Lance came to keep them both out of trouble. All we need now is for Randy and Suni to be here, but I know that's not possible. I talked to Suni less than an hour ago and she said they were going to have a last lunch." She looked to JC again for an answer.

"Well, umm..." he started. "Yeah. They're here too along with Kelly."

"Great! I better be getting a mini holiday concert too."

"Only if you promise to be our opening act." He winked at her.

"We'll see." She got up from her seat just as Joey came back into the room.

"Hey. That Mary chick is cool. She said to take what we want." Joey grabbed the platter of chicken. "Can one of you bring the pasta salad with you?" Before either of them could answer, he was gone.

"He's not serious I s he?"

"'Fraid so. Here, I'll take your bag. Why don't you grab the salad." JC grabbed hold of her duffle.

"Wait. Where are we going?"

"To the plane. It should be gassed up by now."

"But I though we were staying here?" Niki was confused now. What did JC have up his sleeve now?


6:30p CT
"I wanted to get you away from the cold this time. Besides, did you forget I'm hosting a party tonight?" He walked closer to her and grabbed hold of her hand. "There would be no need to celebrate if you weren't with me, Niki. Will you please come with me to LA? Please?"

Niki looked up into JC's eyes. She could see the love in them. "Silly rabbit. I wouldn't miss this night for the world." She stood on her tiptoes to give him a peck on the lips. "Now let's go before someone else comes in claiming that Chris said the chicken was good." They both laughed as Niki picked up the salad bowl and they made their way out to the plane.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story